Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best household bong cleaner?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JeezyVII, Jun 30, 2013.

1. I've been rocking rubbing alcohol and table salt and its amazing. It literally smells nothing of weed you would swear its never been used but its kind of expensive because I use so much of it. Any suggestions?

2. soap and water and a scrub brush.

3. How well of a job does that do? I mean the rubbing alcohol and salt is unbeatable and so easy I'm just a little tight on cash and I hate to see so much go to salt and rubbing alcohol haha

4. if you clean your bong regularly just rinse it really well with hot water and probably clean it with iso like twice a month should keep it pretty clean

5. One of the easiest ways I've cleaned my bong was by accident.  I had my bong filled with crushed ice.  I spun the bong back and forth a little just messing around watching the ice spin and I noticed the buildup in the bong was running.  I spun it a bit quicker and it scrubbed the tar right off.

6. If its a small bong try putting it in a hot pot of water.
    If not pour some boiling water into the top shake it up pour and repeat. It doesnt work perfectly for me but its definately better than nothing.

7. Agreed works very well.

8. Alcohol is like a $1.50.
    Salt is like $2...

If that's expensive how do you afford to smoke?

9. Well I have to clean it every time I smoke to prevent it from stinking up my room and $3 or $4 extra every time adds up pretty fast when you smoke at least once a day

clean the tube weekly.
    change the water daily.

you must be hella wasteful if you run through a bottle of iso & an entire container of salt a day...

11. #11 AuhMayZing, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    never ever use boiling water, in fact don't even use Hot (not warm) water.
    this will make the resin stain your glass permanently.

it's much better to just wait until you can get salt and rubbing alcohol.

12. Thanks for all the help! I've been doing the ice thing it rocks. I'll try out the others as I smoke more which will be very soon haha

13. anyone ever heard of listerene mouthwash to clean a bong? mines gross af Right now and paychecks gone to rent, cigarettes, ganj, and gas, you know how that goes..

rofl i posted on a dead post >.< three years old, >.< that was.. pretty reckless

14. Acetone nail polish remover is some witchcraft shit that removes resin like a Salem spell.