Best Homemade Vaporizer for Less than $35 -- Better than Volcano IMHO

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by fatkronsak, Sep 12, 2009.

1. First get one of these crappy vaporizers off ebay for like less than $35.

[​IMG]

These vaporizers are crap because the vapors stick to the glass thus wasting it. Whatever vapors u do manage to get tastes like plastic because of the tube. The shit sticks to the tube too so u know it's a waste. Anyhow, cop one of these and take it apart so it looks like this:

[​IMG]

And viola, u got your heating source. The tip gets very hot fast in about a minute.

[​IMG]

Next take ur favorite all glass piece:

[​IMG]

And load the bowl. Make sure that shit's shredded and u have a screen. You must have a screen or else u will just suck it through! Don't load too much, go for small runs.

[​IMG]

Holding the heating element to your bowl. Control how fast it bakes by holding the heating element closer to the bowl or inhaling faster. Sometimes it will actually catch the bowl on fire which is no good. You will get the hang of it and will soon get mad vapors. You will get more stoned with less weed than with the volcano. I have the volcano and it's a waste compared to this. My shit lasts 2x as long.

[​IMG]

Just bake it until it's nice and black. I have pounds of this black shit.

[​IMG]

Between hits, I move and crush the herb some more while it's in the bowl. This exposes more of the bud to the heat source for the next hit. Because the shit get all dust like, I put 3 more screens in the down tube to catch all the dust. The first two screens (in the top circle) are regular size screen and the last screen (the bottom circle) is a fine screen from the volcano. See how the top of the downstem has collected all the dust while the bottom past the fine screen is nice and clear?

[​IMG]

The regular screen is on the left and the fine screen is on the right.

[​IMG]

Look at how my bong stays a clear white. The downstem past the fine screen is a little yellow due to vapor collection. If I were to use this bong for smoking, it'd be black and full of sticky black resin. Hmmm..imagine ur lungs. But with vaporzing, everything looks a lot cleaner!

[​IMG]

Hands down this beats any vaporizer on the market today. It is by far the cheapest and easiest method. I have the volcano and u have to load a bigger bowl and u don't get as stoned with the volcano. U have to wait for the volcano to heat up, fill the bag, then take ur hits. With this, u just heat it up then take ur hits. U don't have to buy bags or any of the other OVERPRICED storz and bickel stuff. Oh did i mention the volcano costed me $500 and broke down and costed me $80 plus $20 shipping to fix?

2. Clever. Haha, I would mind the size of it and just fork over a little bit more money, but if your low on cash this thing definitely works.

Vape bong hits FTW.

3. i have that same fucking vap lol, going to make this mod i think. but does it give you the ability to put it back to working order? can i rebuild it?

4. You forgot to include the price of your glass, that might make it more than $35...

That said, what happened to your Volcano? I have left mine on nearly all day, every day, for the last two years with ZERO problems.

As far as the expensive Storz & Bickel stuff, I hear ya. But then again, I bought the Reynolds oven bags and have been very happy so far. Come to think about it the only money I have spent on it was for the bags (less than 5 bucks) and some ISO to clean it.

5. you could just buy a hakko 454, but this is equally as effective

6. or a vapor bros.

7. That is a pretty beast homemade vap but you should take a look at this design. My buddy made the picture on illustartor from a drawing I made so excuse the picture. The concept is dope though, you basically use a heat gun to fill a massive bag of vapor with a glass jar as a medium. If you get creative you can innovate your own spin on this design

The Homemade Vaporizer

8. spam...

9. Dude are you kidding? Am I not contributing quality content? If you put a link in a reply than it is spam. And the forum parses the link with a related phrase. Would a dead link make you happy?

10. My bad I didn't realize the post was there three times, it was bad connection and i must of refreshed. I just deleted the dupes

11. you relize the part your using in the ebay vape is just solder iron?

12. lol i dont think he has the slightest idea.

13. lol :D

14. I didn't know it when i bought it off ebay. but after i deconstructed it of course i knew. i recommend using this kind of better because it stands upright while a soldering iron u need a thing to rest it on it's side when it's hot. this also has lights to show u it's on. plus i didn't feel like going out and buying another soldering iron.