Best Homemade Toking Tool?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Fortify0330, Feb 1, 2015.

1. So I got rid of all my old toking tools about 7 months ago, and I'm gonna smoke some bud with some friends saturday and I could make a joint but that wastes so much bud. Does anyone know some homemade toking tools that I could make? I'm pretty good with tools and working with my hands so thats not a problem. And don't say just to go buy something cause I can't do that.

2. APPLE pipe, youtube it my friend.

3. Big old gravity Bong hands down the absolute best way to get the most high out of your weed and the only ones I've ever seen were home made.

4. Gravity bong sounds like best option.

1.  Empty bottle. (500mL water bottle seems ideal)
    2.  Burn 3-7 small holes in bottom, using lighter. (you can always add more)
    3.  Find something suitable for bowl.  Tin foil as last resort.  Generally use an actual bowl piece, but a socket works fine.  As long as you can make an airtight seal.  (take lid of bottle, use lighter to burn a small hole in middle, attach bowl piece.)
    4.  Bucket of water(milk pictures work great)
    5.  do I need to say more?

5. #5 YoungToker420, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    If you have access to anything to cut/drill metal you can make a Co2 pipe and the bowl can be removed for a waterfall bong. Steps for this are pretty simple.
    1. Get two Co2 cartridges.
    2. Depressurize them.
    3. On one of them cut the tip off because it has led in it which is poisonous and then cut the part that is going to be the bowl or you could just use a socket.
    4. On the other Co2 cartridge that is going to be the chamber drill a hole in the side of it for your bowl piece.
    5. Get a filter.
    6. Cut the end of the chamber piece for a steamroller (optional)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422976177.664401.jpg

I put magnets on the bowl so it wouldn't fall out. You don't need them. Also if you use a socket you only need 1 Co2 cartridge for the chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 Mr_Krabs, Feb 3, 2015
    I have to say gravity bong would be your best bet like the others. Especially if you don't want to waste any weed or smoke. A wrench socket makes a perfect bowl, obviously clean it before use. Glue it to the cap of a two liter bottle and drill a hole through the cap. Poke a single hole at the bottom.

I even forgo the bucket. Make it a waterfall bong. Just fill up the bottle at your sink and plug the hole with your finger. Cap it with your socket bowl. Unblock the drain hole and light the weed. As the water goes down it sucks in smoke from the bowl. Really easy.

Oh just in case, it's a good idea to get or make a screen, stainless steel or copper wool scrubbers works great if you don't have metal screens.

7. #7 YoungToker420, Feb 3, 2015
    Copper isn't good for you but yeah a waterfall bong works great
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423000099.480858.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #8 Mr_Krabs, Feb 3, 2015
    Copper just makes the smoke taste a little off. In terms of safety I really wouldn't worry. Mankind has been cooking out of copper vessels for millennia, searing meats in copper pots which basically is a worst case scenario because of the large amounts of copper contact with the meat and the high temperatures for searing. And yet it's still used as one of the most ideal cooking materials.

Plus a lot of the cheaper metal pipes are made of brass which is mostly copper, and the zinc will do you in from zinc flu long before the copper content gives you trouble. And they're usually chrome plated, but never smoke out of bare brass cause of zinc flu.

The various fears about copper poisoning are a little overblown when I read about people smoking from things cobbled together from plumbing parts, the symptoms are right inline with zinc flu. Pure 100% copper is safe. Plumbing parts are often made of red brass which has a significant amount of zinc in it to enhance strength.

http://www.farmerscopper.com/red-brass.html

And hot zinc, will make you sick. Ask any professional welder you can weld pure copper all day long. Weld galvanized steel for 5 minutes and if you so much as get a lungfull, you're out sick the rest of the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever

Note copper is not included in metal fume fever.

9. Starbucks pipe. Honestly amazing and you can eat it after lol

10. What exactly is a Starbucks pipe?

11. Lmfao I meant starburst.. Phone corrected it to Starbucks haha tells you what I like to drink! But that's the starburst pipe and it actually works pretty damn well! I've done it a couple times before when I had no piece on me and only a couple dollars :)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423343960.193855.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423343972.052752.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423343981.069457.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423343990.186960.jpg

12. Oh shit that's pretty cool. I'll have to try that.

13. slick looking pipe but a waste of the precious starbursts

14. You can still eat the starburst it'll taste normal except the bowl piece

15. "depressurize them" ;)

16. on a side note, apple pipe is the easiest and one of the most reliable options, gravity bong can be a little tricky but you will get zuper ztoned

17. I made this pipe from an old tube from an e-cig washed in an alcohol bath then I used a care end and a wooden black and mild tip hits like a champ and it's pretty darn small

Attached Files:

18. Oops meant cable end darn spell check