Best Homemade Ghetto Pieces (Include directions)

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Jpc636, Jan 18, 2014.

1. If someone reminds me, I'll post the few homemades I have right now- will update with more on the weekend!

Sent from my iTaco

2. in my opinion the best homemade pieces are made from glass, with a torch, by someone who blows glass

3. Well, the majority of us can't do that. Ghetto pieces are fun to make though

Sent from my iTaco

4. I actually made a hookah out of one of the big skull head vodkas, doesnt hit very well tho so maybe ill turn it into a bong:) didnt even think of that aha

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Get a highlighter not the little pussy ones the normal sized ones then get take it apart and ram a socket into the big open part that is your bowl

Far out maaaan

6. This one has 2 honeycomb style percs in the bottom made from perforated plastic they use to make casts and splints, and a dome perc made out of a little travel size smirnoff bottle, and straws glued around a bottle cap at an angle to make the bubbles and smoke swirl..... Hits like a champ.... Use a 14mm down stem with the slots in the sides, I always try to use glass on glass... Trying my hand at a zabello style perc now....

Attached Files:

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395205137.857894.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395205172.771880.jpg

I've only been smoking for 5 months, but I've been doing arts and crafts all my life. I'm incredibly proud of this bong- it's the first piece I made, and the only piece I own. And it does a damn good job. =D
    Materials:
    Gatorade bottle, compak tampon applicator, aluminum foil, tape.
    You'll also probably want to have a lighter, heavy duty scissors, thumbtack, sewing needle/pin, knife/boxcutter, roachclip(alligator clamp), paperclips, and a metal knitting needle.

How I made it:
    1. Ze bongs
    I started off by making a hole (for the downstem) in the side of the bottle. You can use a lighter to melt a hole or just stab & cut with scissors. Both of these are too sloppy for me.

Poke a hole in the side of the bottle. Gently heat the area with your lighter, and quickly push the knitting needle through the hole to stretch it bigger. Heat it up again, and push the tips of the scissors through while turning it, this enlarges the hole & rotating the scissors keeps it circular.
    2.Downstem/Slide

I know it seems a little weird to use "feminine products" in a bong, but trust me, it works.
    Cut weird tips off both pieces of applicators so you're left with two straight plastic tubes that fit perfectly inside one another and slide in and out easily.
    The outer tube is the downstem, place that in the hole in the bong. Tape it in place. I used a single piece of packing tape, so the bong would look pretty and less ghetto. The only problem is, seal on my downstem is not water-tight becaus of this, which doesn't bother me. I think electrical tape or duct tape will create a better seal. The angle between the bong and the downstem is about 45 degrees. That's almost too big of an angle, but keep in mind that you don't want the bowl next to your face or the bottle in the event of a lighter-related accident.

The inner tube is the slide. You'll have to experiment with the construction of the bowl, I can't quite explain how I made it, but it took several tries. Make sure you've got plenty of aluminum foil.
    I made my bowl too big for a reason, I don't want to accidentally set my face or the plastic bottle on fire. The size of the bowl & layers of aluminum foil make this a re-useable bong. I wanted it to look nice because I'm DIYer.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395205240.186218.jpg
    !IMPORTANT!: make sure that there is NO expose plastic in the bowl!!!!
    It's hard to see in the picture, but there's foil lining the INSIDE of the tube that goes 1/2" deep. There is about an 1" of aluminum foil wrapping the outside of the tube.
    I made a small little handle tool for the slide using a paper clip, because the aluminum foil gets hot when you light it, and it may make the slide harder to pull out. I usually don't have to use it, but it's attached just in case.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395205274.136991.jpg

Finally, I took a small piece of foil and poked holes in it using a tailor pin (sewing needle would also work). A thumbtack will work if that's all you got, but the smaller the wholes the better. Place this ghetto screen in the bottom/center of the bowl, and use the roachclip to hold it in place.

Put the slide in the downstem, fill 'er
    up with ice water, pack the bowl, and voila, you've got a bong!

8. #28 DaNkKiNg22, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    Never ever ever ever use tin foil, when it gets super hot it vaporizes and gets in your lungs and causes cancer.if you need a bowl use a socket. Also using a tampon? Gross just use a pen

9. [quote name="OweKnowsBest_4.23" post="19538499" timestamp="1392623635"]heres an easy one

take a bottle

cut it making sure its really jagged because that's important for later

bite down on the bottle cap

now this next step is most important

shove the bottle up your ass

That piece would rip you of ur ass see what I did there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. uploadfromtaptalk1401853982400.jpg
    Get a psi gauge metal or hard plastic(no it won't melt) take some pliers and swivel the round end off take out the insides and drill a hole to make the bowl bigger lastly stuff a cigarette filter down the long tube to keep ash out of your mouth. I've only tested mine with tobacco but it should hold 2-3 hits.

11. did you just say use hard plastic?

fuck sakes

yes it might not melt but your inhaling plastic vapors. common sense kids. youll regret it one day

12. This is a bowl (Or a spoon). Not a pipe. Not a bong. A bowl has two holes, one to cover with your finger, one to inhale in.

What you'll need:

A water bottle (Gatorade, powerade, Coke, pepsi, doesn't matter. I prefer powerade though.)
    Tin foil
    Tooth pick (Or thumb tack. I prefer thumb tack.)
    Lighter (Or knife. I prefer a lighter.)

Step one. Take your prefered bottle, empty all contents. put in a little water and shake it around them dump out.

Step two. Take your bottle, and burn one small hole in the side. The size of the tip of your index finger/ dime. It may get deformed, that's alright.

Step three. burn another hole, about the size of a quarter. (Smaller> bigger) So there should be a small hole, and a bigger hole.

Step four. put tin foil where the bottle cap should go. Make it dip down, into the bottle. about a centemeter deep.

Step five. Put in herb, and smoke!

I have pictures.
    step four picture. [​IMG]
    Step three picture [​IMG]
    Step one picture [​IMG]

13. Here's my latest creation. It's a ghetto steam roller, made from gas pipes I have from work (HVAC).

It was really easy to make, just a 3 inch piece of pipe with a 1/2 inch T joint, and a flange nut.

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

14. College, a time full of discovery brought forth many new ways of smoking I had never previously experienced. One type in particular that I found intriguing is a waterfall bong. It ripped small amounts of weed and got you super high. Upon arriving home a friend of mine wanted to try the waterfall I had spoke of but rather than taking hits from a dirty gatorade bottle I wanted to go bigger and better. I was unsure what I wanted to do until one day I stumbled upon a beautifully crafted two gallon mason jar with a spigot designed originally for serving drinks at a small shindig. crowned with a standard metal mason jar lid this seemed like the perfect base from which to build my masterpiece. I went to home depot and purchased a metal washer, a small rubber washer and some plumbers tape. Now I'm not usually one for arts and crafts but I was already about $24 into the project and couldn't back down. So I got my hands on some power tools and managed to cut a 1/4" hole in the lid of the mason jar. I glued the metal washer directly to the lid with superglue and proceeded to glue the rubber washer to the metal one. Then I proceeded to run plumbers tape around threading of the jar. All told what's Important in this process is being able to seal the hole in the top and around the threading. In the end it only took me about an hour to assemble and I finished the whole project in a day. 

Now for smoking it. if you have ever seen a waterfall in action you're probably already grinning at the idea of smoking a giant mason jar. If not you could watch this video that is informative, and I find it pretty comical how crazy these guys are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cWCqUmnYEI this is essentially what I've done except it is slightly smaller and, of course, glass and much better for your health in the long run. you're going to need a bowl, and a stem wouldn't hurt either. Make sure to fill up the jar with water, of course. If you are feeling crafty you could put some nice ice and even fruits inside to make it smoother and tasty. (Its incredible with ice and watermelon) now you're going to have that bowl packed really nicely and the water filled up most of the way (variant on the amount of weed) the first time I smoked this was with a friend of mine and I'm a bit of a rookie and a lightweight but my friend is pretty much a certified stoner. we couldn't finish the half packed bowl and passed out in the 2nd quarter of the NBA Finals game after eating an entire Little Caesars pizza, each. Needless to say, a day that will live on in glory. Here are some pictures of the finished product. Enjoy and if you have questions I would be happy to answer. 

This piece has gotten me higher than anything else I have ever smoked with a minimal amount of weed. plus its pretty sick to look at. Enjoy friends.

Attached Files:

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403159489.242019.jpg

Water bottle
    Poked a hole in it & stuck in my cigarette looking pipe, ( but when I didn't have it I just used any pen )
    Filled it up with water up to where my pipe thing reached
    Packed my bowl
    Lit it
    Enjoyed

I get good hits w the pipe but if I'm not lazy I'll make a little bong/bubble type thing for myself.