Best HIGH Yielding Potent Strain

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by binonexus, Aug 15, 2009.

1. ya know guys, I have a LOT of strainslike an old school NL that I could get 8ozs per plant if I work it and a sativa that could go even bigger, a REAL sweet tooth and a few others that react the same way. which is the best? I just cant decide.

2. #62 lessismore, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010

Ok, well you will have to settle for what you can get.

3. sensi seeds bigbud

4. Havnt tried these myself, but i've heard theyre high yeilding/potent.

White russian
    Big bud
    ak48

5. I've seen guys getting 3oz's a plant from autos on here. My friend grew a bunch of EZ Bud and got 1.5oz's a plant. I'm currently doing a crop of Devilmatic and they should yield about 30g's a plant minimum. They're not that bad. Soon auto's will replace traditional strains for indoor growers all it's doing it cutting down the veg cycle to a minimum they can still yield really well with optimal conditions.

6. 8 ounces vs. 30 grams (indoors)..HMMMMMMMM:confused:

I know which type I will grow.

7. How many new growers do you know getting 8oz a plant period :p Indoor, even with normal strains you'd struggle in most cases to pull 3 O's a plant. It's not a case of you can believe what the seed manufacturers put on the packet, they're just as corrupt and want to make a profit like any other business. What ends up on the pack is a maximum yield given absolutely optimum conditions through out the grow. Most growers are lucky to break half, even a third of that.

8. I may have missed it, so those guys getting 3oz per plant off their auto flowers were first time growers?

If so thats huge, like you said normal strains are tough to get 3oz per plant on your first grow and these autos are so good you can basically toss them out in the backyard and rake in 3oz per? Hell sign me up.

9. sorry ..most growers I know can and do grow 6-8 ounce plants indoors. Course we dont fuck with low watt systems

sorry man ..but as long as I can get clones.. I can beat any auto. its all in the maturation time. 14 days veg + say 56 days flower in a 3 gallon smart pot = 1-2 ounces

35 day veg time + 56 days in a 7 gallon smart pot = 5-6 ounces.

and yes MAYBE autos are the in thing for low watt systems ..but low watt systems have no place in "yield" conversations IMHO

10. The potential yield from autos goes up with the amount of wattage you use much like any other strain. Also autos go from seed to weed in about 48 - 55 days for a good few of the strains. If you're growing commercially that's still almost 2 crops for every 1 normal strain you grow, clones or not.

Autos also respond well to hydro, the only thing you can't really do with them is clone them so you're basically stuck buying seeds. But for more crops in the same time frame I'm happy to live with that.

Also I'm running just under 1000w's myself so yeah.

11. You'd have to seriously mess up a grow to get under an ounce a plant from autos but that's just the strains I have access to and the strains I know my friends have grown. The guy getting 3 oz's on here wasn't a first time grower no, but it was his first time using autos. I mentioned him because of the potential yield you can achieve.

I have a GJ up at the moment for a bunch of autos I'm growing so you'll be able to see what I get out of them next month. They're only 2 weeks up at the minute and they're already getting fairly big. I'd say I'm looking at easily 1.5 - 2 oz's minimum from what I have per plant.

EDIT:

If you're going out door they'll get even bigger. Check out a guy called Dr Autoflower on youtube for more info on that. I'm restricted to indoor growing where I am.

12. #76 Kid Metheuselah, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
    [quote name='"Imhotepsol"']

The potential yield from autos goes up with the amount of wattage you use much like any other strain. Also autos go from seed to weed in about 48 - 55 days for a good few of the strains. If you're growing commercially that's still almost 2 crops for every 1 normal strain you grow, clones or not.

Autos also respond well to hydro, the only thing you can't really do with them is clone them so you're basically stuck buying seeds. But for more crops in the same time frame I'm happy to live with that.

Also I'm running just under 1000w's myself so yeah.[/quote]

Yeah, but sacrificing quality, potency, and quantity for less maintenance and shorter time to harvest isn't a trade-off I'm willing to make.

EDIT: plus, I'm not too keen on running my hps 24/0. My electric bill is high enough.

13. so what's your best pull so far ?

14. Maybe when autoflowers first came out that was true but I wouldn't agree with that way of thinking now.

1st: Potency - You can get autoflowers up to 20% THC, you can also get various strains such as Northern Lights now in autoflower form. So your quality point is moot. Without even considering established strains such as NL I've personally smoked Easy Bud, AK47 auto and MOC Little Angel, all of them were absolutely excellent smokes for what I'm looking for. That's part of the reason I'm growing the Devilmatic at the moment.

Lastly, I run a 600w HPS. The electricity usage for 2 months comes to about $60. Considering it would cost me upwards of $350 for an ounce or $50 for 3.5g where I am it's not a lot.

I think a lot of people just have a thing against auto flowers given their earlier issues. My friends all grow them as well as regular strains as a way of getting quick crops of good weed on a perpetual basis.

But that's just what works for me.

15. 5-6oz per plant in a 7gal pot? How many plants are you running. I'm guessing you run multi 600's or some 1kw

16. The last grow we did my friend pulled just under 4 o's (but that was a freak of a plant from the get go) off the biggest plant he had. It averaged out to a bit over an ounce a plant with 15 plants, some were a bit under most came in at between 1.5 - 2 which is great considering they were seed to weed in 50 odd days. (51 or 52 I think). He grew Easy bud if your interested, I'd recommend it, twas really nice smoke and I smoke a lot.