Best headshops in Houston?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by spikeystud88, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Girl and I are going to Houston today to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. Gonna eat and go to the mall and do all that fun stuff, but we also wanna hit up some sweet headshops while we're there. Any suggestions on some of the better ones in the downtown area?

Appreciate it blades :)

2. #2 TheRealCandyMan, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    Here Is A Whole List In General For Texas

Texas
    BC Smoke shop
    7909 Westheimer Rd
    Houston, TX 77063
    (713) 914-9533

2001 B Guadalupe
    Austin, TX 78798
    (512) 474-0420
    http://www.bcsmokeshop.com/
    Comments: Very nice headies. Very few roors. Salt, Darby, Merc, and a few other artists, GREAT guys, GREAT prices, as with all the BC's in Texas. They have GREAT prodo stuff, and are right on campus at UT. If you ever come to TX, make it a point to stop at one of their stores. Very open to suggestion I'd say. Ask them to carry an artist and in a short while, wouldn't be suprised to see it there!

Cadillac Smokeware17977 preston Rd.Dallas, TX(972) 248-2282Comments: They are striving to provide top quality glass at better prices than most shoppes. They do most of the work thereselves so they can afford to sell our own products at great price because they don't have a middleman. it goes from the blowers kiln to here and then to you. They also stock some fucking ill headies as well. They have peices from chaz, banjo, mike luna, glass phish, Lodi of D.L., connor, matt bealle, steve-o, roze nasty, salt, wildrok, drew, cowboy, mike campbell and many more! we also carry other brands and will special order anything you ask for.
    Fantasy Imports
    6663 Camp Bowie Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76116
    (817) 732-2981
    Comments: Small pipe selection with many other "fantasy" related items like posters and the like.

Gas Pipe
    Headquarters
    701 E 5th St
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 472-4774
    http://www.thegaspipe.net/
    Comments: Many locations, search web-site to find more.

Glassy Knoll
    1713 S 1st St
    Austin, TX 78704
    (512) 447-8199

High Life2002 Fry Rd # 114Houston, TX 77084Comments: Carry RooRs, a bit on the expensive side because of the names...go figure... large selection of pipes, hooka accessories as well. Some employees, majority don't know much about what they're selling but only one does, her name is Maryrose.
    High Times
    6881 S Gessner Dr
    Houston, TX
    (713) 777-1783
    Comments: Good shop, LOTS of selection. not the best in houston, but definitly a shop worth going to. Located near both BC and Smoke Dreamz.

Lazy Days Counter Culture3401 N Arkansas Ave and 201 W Hillside Rd # 25B Laredo,TX 78043(956) 728-8685 Comments: Shirts, posters, hookahs, grinders, stash boxes, detox, etc. Limited selection of bubs, pipes, vapes, and bongs. chaos, zong, hurricane are availables. No RooR or blue dot. Friendly employees. Resonable prices on most peices.
    Pipedreams
    1308 S Cooper St
    Arlington, TX 76013
    (817) 261-0218?
    Comments: Small selection.
    Pipes Plus
    2418 Guadalupe
    Austin, TX
    (512) 479-7473
    http://www.pipesplus.com/
    Comments: Good selection of high-end glass. downstairs is a hookah bar, coffee shop, upstairs is glass and the head

PPV (Pipes Papes and Vapes)
    13021 Coit Rd. #101Dallas TX, 75240Phone: 972-387-2420Comments: Main Shop - Excellent selection of in-house multi-perc tubes, straights, and the entire array of pipes. Also carriers many items for glass working and other art related items such as high quality spray paints. Warning though, staff changes often and only a select few are knowledgable. Bushing Style diffuser downstems and perc-within-perc custom tubes. Often has good deals on digi scales.
    http://www.myspace.com/pipespapesandvapes
    2801 E. Pioneer #116Arlington TX, 76010(817) 695 2420Comments: High end glass at amazing prices, knowledgable staff, great selection, and no crackhead accessories.
    Both localy made glass and glass from many different brands.

Puff n Stuff
    4815 Columbia Ave
    Dallas, TX 75226
    (214) 827-4500
    Comments: Pretty knowledgable on their artists, carry a large selection of Blue Dots, some illadelph's, saw a pakoh bowl, AWESOME cowboy bowl. Jellyfish ashcatchers,tons of dry pieces, staff is friendly. They carry all kinds of other headshop items and they sell beer too.
    GA Magazine Retailer
    Retro Revolution
    5000 Greenville Ave.
    Dallas, TX 75206
    (214) 365-9420

1627 Central Expy.
    Plano, TX 75075
    (972) 881-1870
    Comments: Decent selection of Roors, mostly all straight tubes, seems like all their ice pinches have been bought out. Feel like they are hot shit because they just started carrying illadelph, never heard of Toro, nonetheless they do carry some nice dry work. Plenty of heady pieces saw some FREEK stuff, salt, cowboy. Some other names I'd never heard of. Still definetly worth checking out, have ID ready!

Rev'n Evolution
    100 W North Loop Blvd
    Austin, TX 78751
    (512) 371-9771
    Comments: It was a great shop with some very nice glass. They didnt have a lot of tubes but there were a few nice stemless. Overall very friendly people. Id recommend them over any other shop in austin.

Smoke Dreamz
    6447 Richmond Ave
    Houston, TX 77057
    (713) 266-5554
    http://www.smokedreamz.com/
    Comments: This is a super friendly shop, they have recently started to carry some very nice hand pieces and slides and have carried a fantastic selection of tubes for years.GA Magazine Retailer

Smokin' Glassworks1970 N. Central Expy. # 212
    McKinney, Tx. 75070
    Comments: Nice shop; always improving. They have alot to choose from at really good prices. Tons of name brand tubes and nice handpipes. Kind of out of the way of some areas but worth the drive. Glass from lots of different companies and individual blowers. They carry alot from local blowers as well. Employees know alot about products and are very friendly. Also, one of owners is a glassblower and can custom make pieces for no extra charge.
    Smokey's House of Pipes
    2700 E Randol Mill Rd
    Arlington, TX 76011
    (817) 649-8720
    Comments: Excellent Selection of RooRs, BlueDots, ph(x), ADS, and others as well as great local heady selection. Staff is not very knowledgable. Have ID ready. RooR accessories. Slightly Pricey.
    SmoCo3100 South Congress Ste 2E
    Austin, TX 78704(512) 447-6626Comments: To find quality locally hand blown glass.... THIS IS THE PLACE. You get the best prices in town from one hitters to hookahs . Located in South Austin, on South Congress (SoCo). Custom pieces and repairs at your request.
    The Dragons Breath
    2301 Central Dr
    Bedford, Tx 76021
    (817) 355-8877

101 E. SW. PKWY
    Lewisville, Tx 75067
    (469) 671-0033
    http://www.thedragonsbreath.com
    Comments: Have a little of everything, expanding on our glass line along with a Tattoo and Piercing Studio / Small Hookah Lounge and Lots of pretty girls to wait on you - And we're Growing.
    GA Magazine Retailer

The GlassHole9022 Garland RoadDallas, Texas 75218(214) 324-3993Comments: A small shop that's full of Pyrex (and a other) glasswares and low prices. Lots of colorful pieces and friendly staff~members.

3. #3 hobgoblin9000, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    I live in H-Town as well.
    Would High Times on Gessner & Bellaire have any good smoking stuff?

4. Yeah High Times on Gessner and Bellaire has some nice smoking stuff but I must warn you, the prices around Houston are high, no pun intended. You won't find the nicest stuff there but the prices they show might make you feel that it is. Only place I'd spend my cash would be at BC Smoke Shop in Cypress or the one on Westheimer

5. Where in Cypress is BC Smoke Shop? I've never heard of it. I'm out in Sugar Land trying to find some places to get good bowls and a new bong.

6. I'm just looking for a good bowl. How much would it run at High Times for your average bowl? I go by that place daily but I've never been in.

7. Go with Smoke Dreamz, if you let them know you're on a budget but still want a nice spoon instead of a one hitter, they'll work something out. Probably the nicest people I've ever met in any kind of shop to be honest. And tipping = free lighters/papers

8. Im on the nawf side of town so to me i would go with up n smoke!

Up N smoke at 8650 North Houston Rosslyn Street, Ste C, Houston, TX 77088.

THEY HAVE a mad selection of bongs, pipes, scales, jordans, algierz shirts and there
    location is amazing because if you love old school swishahouse tapes or just some good
    h-town gangsta rap theres a cd store next door, and if you need a tight fade theres a barber
    shop next to the cd store! now AINT THAT AMAZING? back on the bongs and stuff i got a
    2 footer for like 50 bucks! its a clear glass one, they have sales on some things and most of those thing are worth your money honestly!

9. #9 BuryMeInTrichs, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
    I highly recommend Bomdiggity off of mason road in katy. Its a little bit outside of houston but worth it. they blow a lot of the glass right there in their fully equipped studio. Pretty legit and great prices.... plus they always have amazing pieces and unique things. literally everytime i go i see something totally new that ive never seen before, and that really impresses me. 10/10

And i do not recommend BC at all...overpriced. they order from bomdiggity. they say their the best, but go hangout with the guys over in katy and tell me whos trying to just make a buck and who is trying to bring you great glass for a good price

10. I will say hands down the best shop in Houston to get your stuff from is BC Smoke Shop, I've purchased quite a bit from those guys and they're always pretty chill and have a lot of neat pieces.

I did see something here about High Times on Fry Rd, they do carry "roors" however, they're fakes, their prices are a bit steep and most of the people there haven't a clue about their stuff. I've been in there and have asked questions and most of the time the answer I get is " I don't know ".

My money goes to BC.

11. Having been a loyal BC customer for many years, I must say that I have found a shop that IMO beats BC on almost everything.  Price, selection, size of store, knowledge/friendliness of staff.

That store is Smoke Alley, on Dacoma street and 290.

I still count the BC as one of the most superior shops I've ever been lucky enough to wander accross, but their customer service is severely lacking, and prices are simply marked up too high. 

Check out Smoke Alley, I'm sure you wont be disappointed.