Best Headphones for Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by iDoja, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Dunno if this the best place to ask but thought id try....

Im in the market for the best headphones for Movies n Music.

Been lookin at Beats n Bose...but cant decide.

Anybody have any experiemce w em or have an opinion?

Thanks

2. Beats suck. I would go with either Bose, Sennheiser, or Audio-technica

• Like Like x 2
  3. f*ck beats.... go with audio-technica ATH-M50X without spending too much $, they're great, I use them to mix as well and they're going strong for years now, I actually have the M50, the M50x are the new removable chord which is a nice option.. Even cheaper is the classic Sony MDR7506... Sennheiser as well, can't go wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'll second exactly what sgt baker said above. The M50s and the MDR7506s are probably the best bang for your buck and outperform more expensive headphones. The M50s have more dynamic sound, probably from boosted base and treble. The MDRs are considered to have very accurate reproduction of sound and are widely used in professional audio fields such as engineering and radio.

Here's a good link for ya...The Best Wireless Exercise Headphones

Not sure why it says "exercise" cause the page is for all kinds of headphones. Oh well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dont get beats, they are bad.
    My recommendation is the Beyer DT-770
    bonus tip: if your reasoning for watching movies is because others are around you making noise/not watching/your on a train or flight (as apposed to your mimimising your own nosie and trying to not wake the baby up) then go for the DT-770M version, they have higher isolation from ambient noise (they claim something like 35dB simplified noise reduction- which is better than some ear defenders) so I can sit there in my own little world undisturbed by the outside world without having to run the volume any louder than if i were in an empty room- I cant ever see myself going back to semi-open headphones from here again.
    One thing to note: theyre available in a variety of impediences, some really need a proper headphone amp to get anything out of them, theres one thats designed for laptops/phones etc, just make sure youve found the one you think youve found.

• Like Like x 1