Best GrowLights/Nutrients

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Woofer, Aug 3, 2012.

1. I'm just wondering what the best grow lights and nutrients are to get the highest yield/ best quality fruits.

We'll say that the budget is around $900. If anyone could point me in the direction of these items it would be very appreciated !

Would a combination of different lights be best? To get a wider variety of spectrums ?

Also would a carbon filter or a ozone generator be better for controlling smell/purifying the air?

Thanks ! :cool:

2. Time to start reading the stickies on all of the forums related to what your trying to do. Indoor growing; lighting; Grow Room Design/Setup, etc.
    As for the best, that's for you to decide based on cost & what your trying to achieve.
    Asking for the best is going to give you as many answers as those responding to your question, 100 responses 100 different answers.
    My best advice is start simple & inexpensive, learn to grow & then make your decisions

Cheers :D

3. I second that ^ :D

4. Thats a hard one since most dont go through multiple brands...if it turns out with there set up they tend to keep it that way.

Carbon Filter. Excess ozone can be very harmful breathed in.

For myself I use California Light Works LED lights and Advanced Nutrients. I used to use Fox Farm's line up.

On the nutes beware of genies in a bottle.

5. I hear good things about Fox Farm's Grow Big veg and Big Bloom flower nutes. Also read up on using molasses at the end of flower.

I'm interested in the LED tech out for lighting. I've heard buy nothing less than 1w per LED. I've seen good things on here about UFO. LED has less heat so you can run them closer, not overheat the area, lower power draw, more directed light wavelengths (switchable between veg/flower too)... lots of benefits

6. are you referring to the ancient guano's dolomite's and molasses flushing method?

7. Youd be hard pressed to find LED panels that are less then 1w and I wouldnt touch anything that is less then 3w LED Diodes. Loving my 5 watt ones.

8. Probably wont impact anything at all. Its 13 watts.

9. ahh crap I didn't see that lol. I guess I will just get Metal Halide then.

Thanks for pointing that out man.

10. this is why LED's get a bad name...people get ripped off everyday on ebay by these lights and all they see is 223 red and blue led....AND FOR around 40 bucks or more OMG... One 23 w cfl would blow these crappy panels outta the water...if you want to go led dont try to get anything cheap n check and make sure u look for reviews and also look for people opinions on HERE.. :gc_rocks: