BEST Growing Advice EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DeltaIX, May 2, 2012.

1. I've been reading alot of threads recently and it seems like most posters on here seem to have forgotten to do what may be the most important thing necessary for a successful harvest. It effects every part of your grow, will solve almost any problem and costs practicaly nothing in comparison to your other expenses. Are you ready?.........READ A BOOK!!!!
    I DON'T mean a book on growing marijuana. BASIC BOTANY. Reading a college botany 101 text book will make all the difference in your grow. Everybody seem to know that if you do "A" then "B" should happen, but hardly anyone seem to know why the hell that is and if "B" doesn't happen their shocked and confused. Folks can tell you that photosynthesis is what a plant does to grow but how many people know the cellular process. I'm not talking PhD level stuff here. Just get some knowledge of what actually goes on inside the plant and I promise you that your results will improve and you'll be glad you did.

2. preaching to the choir i totally agree the whole point is to improve ur skill and understanding i love it when u try to help but ive givin to techy advice and went over there heads and im the 18 YEAR HYDRO GROWER/BOTANY AND CHEMISTRY BACKROUNDS
    great post DeltaIX

3. you must understand the box to think outside of the box.

4. I could not agree more, I read and researched for a couple months before I put the seeds in the rockwool. My first grow was successful and I give the credit to the knowledge that was in print.

5. any book recommendations ?

6. Best growing advice, stay away from hydroponics.

7. Get yourself a grow bible, google it
    Good luck!

8. Torrents; the torrent sites are full of grow bibles, High Times 'how too' movies, and all kinds of other guides.

...and ignore the snide remark about hydroponics...haters gonna hate ya know...:p

9. LOL - so true.

I would also add in Marijuana Horticulture by Cervantes. That's a must read.

(And yes folks, you need to read.)

I mean, trial and error are also good lessons, but they take a lot longer and tend to be more expensive.

I also watched a lot of Advanced Nutrients videos on YouTube and on their Growers Underground. I mean, it makes sense to watch the advice of the nutrient company. They know how to use their own nutrients.

10. four years ago when I started my journey into marijuana cultivation i paid the $50 and ended up with jorge cervantes marijuana horticulture .indoor / outdoor growers bible . It was the best money i could have ever spent.It helped me threw many difficult times . but DeltaIX comented on basic botany books not bookes on growing marijuana . that is what i am more interested in .anyone can water and feed a weedplant to make it grow . hey if i can do it thats proof in itself . :smoke:

11. I totally agree that books on growing marijuana are important. Anything by Cervantes, Rosenthal or Greg Green is sure to help. They are a few of the best authors on the subject, and they each explain aspects of plant biology. It's just much easier to understand when you already grasp non plant specific basics. You wouldn't try to master the mechanics of a Ferrarri without first learning how internal combustion engines & transmitions operate, would you?

12. Let me look through some closets and I'll give you the names of some great basic & and advanced botany books. It's been a while since I've look at them. Besides, do you remember the names of any text books, who the hell does. Lol.

13. Great advise OP..If only I had read a basic botany book before starting out..Would've saved me a few penny's err dollas...Thanks a lot, now I'm depressed.LOL..
    Cheers!.

14. Its alll common sence. Y get into the game if you not no basic rules concept of growing. Most people like smoking it but just do your best growing it.