Best Girl Scout Cookies grow technique.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by FuzzyNugz, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Hey peeps I am a noob to growing and have chosen to start with one of my favorites, GSC! I want to achieve great results, though I know that growing takes time, patience, and dedication. Anyhow, I am asking the growers in here whatever medium and size of grow to share their techniques and knowledge about growing the best Girl Scout Cookies to date. I am growing in a supersonics setup deep water culture and top feed. I am running a 150 Watt HPS in a 2X2X5 foot grow cabinet. I started from seed which I feel is a mistake because of my inexperience. While my seedlings are recovering I will be throwing some GSC clones in the Veg Chamber. I will put my seedlings into my seedling/clone chamber under two T5 high output Sunblaze 21 the clones are going under the HPS. For the clones I am using TechnaFlora nutes they will have 4-6 inches of root growth already. I am using distilled water, MagiCal, BC Grow, BC Boost, Sugar Daddy, and Thrive Alive B-1 Red at 75% strength. Water will be maintained at 5.8-6.2 PH, 68-72°f, air temp is harder for me to control even with two carbon filters with outlet fans and internal 6 inch fan, I still have to leave the door open to let it vent better at times (not something I really want to do especially since with the clones I will be using a CO2 emitter, and smell when I start flowering). I'll figure it out, obviously another internal fan is in the works. What else?.... I plan on let my plants veg to about a foot then flower them.

I will be posting pics in the next week. Please people fell free to show off your best Girls Scout Cookies grow! Please share as much info as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You should try and do Metal Halide for Veg and HPS for flower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Cool, any reason as to why?

4. MH has a color spectrum that promotes growth and HPS spectrum is best for flower.
    However most HPS bulbs now have a wide enough spectrum to use for both stages of growth. Check the box the bulb came in...it is usually spec'ed there.

GSC is now my strain of choice. I grow it along with some Violator Kush. Both are extremely high in thc content but I prefer to smoke the GSC myself. It also has a higher yield per plant than the VK.
    It is easy to grow, clones easily and matures in 8 weeks from 12/12. Great strain overall.
    I veg mine to about three feet and they stretch to four and a half feet or so in bud. I average a quarter to a half lb per plant this way.
    I try to keep my res temps closer to 60 than 70 deg
    G/L

5. Yeah my HPS is full spectrum. I've been trying to keep my Rez temp around 68. It's hard because my setup is pretty small so getting a water chiller isn't feasible, so I'm using lunch box coolers in constant rotation. Whatever it takes!

6. Any pitfalls or things to look out for this strain? What are you running? Pics? Thanks!!!

7. Don't overfeed em. End of veg I'm at about 600 ppm and I work the PPMs up to, but don't go over, about 1200 ppm during bud.
    I early veg in 6" net pots on a flood table using hydroton pebbles and a 600 watt MH light after they leave the clone machine.
    Pic shows spare bedroom I use for cloning, early veg and a Violator Kush mother
    When I move them into my main rooms I use 3 gallon pots filled with hydroton and top feed with a hydroponic system that returns runoff to the res. I have four 1000 watt lights in each room. Rooms are 12x15 each and grow area is 12x12. I mix my own nutes from dry chemicals and add very little more to the res. Lights are off now but I'll post a pic tomorrow

Attached Files:

8. pic 1 is GSC 5 weeks into bud
    Pic 2 is other room with GSC and Violator Kush in 1st week of bud

Attached Files:

9. Nice grow! How much did you feed them during veg? I'm using TechnaFlora nutes. [​IMG]

I'm using 50percent strength in the veg solution. [​IMG][​IMG]

Any suggestions?

10. You got some issues with what I see in the pics. I'm gonna guess your nutes are way too strong. What's the PPMs? PH may also be an issue. What ph are u keeping your nutes at?

11. the way it looks like it is turning yellow lights too close maybe?

12. #12 FuzzyNugz, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016

It's a 150 watt HPS and its 1 foot over the plants. Can't be that?

13. Do you own a ph and a ppm tester? If not, you really need to go buy them.
    Following manufacturers suggested nute strengths is a recipe for disaster. The plants in your pics are in early veg stage. I would be feeding them at 300 to 400 ppm at their life stage.
    The ph is even more important..!
    I doubt the light is causing your problems. If it was too close it would burn and kill the plant tops. If u can keep your hand over the tops and it doesn't burn, or you don't have to pull it away it's ok.

14. Thanks for the advice! Yes I have both a ph tester and TDS METER. I've already switched out the 150 watt HPS for some T5s. I will use the T5s for veg and switch to the HPS when I flip for flower. I also picked up some two part nutrient schedule, Supernatural Aqua Gro, and Aqua Bloom. I have been seeing some improvement so far.