Best germination technique?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bgibs, Apr 6, 2016.

1. finally got my seeds and was wondering what you guys think is the most efficient way to germinate your seeds.

2. Without question the BEST is a damp paper towel in a Tupperware container sitting on top of a cable box, DVD player etc. Seeds need moisture and warmth.

3. Damp paper towel between two plates. Germinate in dark cool area.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Idk which one to go with both sound good but both are different.

5. Wet not soaked., Paper towel in a zip lock bag in a dry place.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. There all right ways! And will work. You can put it in a shot glass of water if you want! Everyone uses different techniques. Paper towel, shot glass. @HotBunz that sounds like a Good way never heard of it but I'm sure it works great

7. The wet paper towel method is the worst method. It pointless and only puts you back a day.

This guys proves it.
    Watch and learn

In the time you waste with the paper towel you could already have a sprout

• Like Like x 1
  8. I use straight into coco pellets in a propagator and a heating mat... Works every time I also stick mykos in with the bean and I water with seaweed extract.. Usually I see a sprout in 2 days.. Hope this helps.. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. I put mine about half an inch deep into a party cup of moist soil with holes cut in the bottom. Then I cover it with saran wrap, poke about 8 holes in it, and put it under a CFL. It's surprisingly effective. As soon as it makes it out of the dirt I take off the saran wrap. A rubber band helps the wrap cling to the cup.

10. Questions on first grow Garden_viking I remember you saying you kept your seeds in a sock drawer. Everyone does it different!

11. My fault that's where you said you stored your seeds not germinating them.Good video

12. I have had 100% success rate with my paper towel method. I have had tap rooted seeds in as little as 18 hours without soaking seeds in a cup of water. The whole no light thing this guy rants about in his little video is a joke as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The whole no light thing I don't agree with either. But what I do agree with is while your seed is in a paper towel pooping it's root my seed is in soil already starting to grow

• Like Like x 2