Best game I've ever played while high, bar none!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mutt420, Feb 1, 2013.

1. -Journey - PS3-

Ok, so this has been the most awesome experience while playing a game completely blazed outta my skull. :)

Journey is by the same developers as Flower and Flow, but where I didn't really care for those two, this game has blown my mind... I was completely immersed in it, and everything's so fluid and the music is just... wow.

Here's the trailer:

JOURNEY - Official Trailer HD 720p - YouTube

My favorite level was this: you basically slide down a desert slope and it had me transfixed :)

[PS3] Journey - The Slide - YouTube

seriously download it from PSN, it's not a very long game (just right IMO) but it's only like 14 bucks.

Enjoy!

2. Yeah the slide sequence blew my fucking mind high. This is probably the best game from last year even though it's more of a visual experience than a game.

3. I have never heard of this game, I wanna look into it. The only thing I played high was zombies lol

4. You'd think a guy with nanaki from ff7 as his avatar would prefer to get baked while playing some final fantasy. Just bustin ya chops :cool:

5. hah, well you get cool points for not calling him ''Red XIII'' :p

Anyway, I do love me some FF, unfortunately they don't make 'em like they used to.

Anyway, like someone else said: Journey is an experience, play it and you won't regret it. You'll finish it in a couple of hours so it's perfect for an evening of smoking.

6. Oh my god I want that game so badly. Unfortunately, I don't think it comes in PC format.. :(

7. What kind of price am I looking at? I mean, sometimes it's cool to just wind down to a "beat it in a day" type of game, but I usually like to get more bang for my buck than that, you know? Don't want to pay like 50 or 60 buckaroones for one stoned evening.

8. #8 Mutt420, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    Well I think I payed 14 bucks for in on PSN. I did finish it in one evening but I've replayed it 4 times since (in a month).

Idunno, it's just relaxing and it calms me when I'm really... really high.

9. I only like high graphic games lol

10. #10 propianotuner, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    That's not bad at all. I'll have to try it out and get back to you about it if I do.

By the way, I agree about FF lately. They've been on a general decline quality wise, and the move to the mmo format was a stab in the heart, hehe. But I absolutely adore the originals. It's a night and day difference. The originals were fresh, imaginative, with interesting characters and charming wit and humor, and more difficult battles. Each had a new spin on the mechanics, and every time it was a great new spin on the mechanics. The variety of spells and summons in 5, and being able to switch everyone back to the proper row during a back attack, or the relics in 6, like sprinting shoes (which was great for the pace of the game), or awesome sauce like genji gloves. Not to mention the soundtracks were way better. 5, 6, & 7 probably had my favorite soundtracks. I can remember how much the surface of the moon music in 5 makes me laugh when I'm stoned, and how I would space out to the awesome moon people theme that you first hear when the main character becomes a paladin. And of course that main theme and those three different variations on it, that you could totally space out to. 6 had some real flair, with the jazz themes, the Veldt theme, etc.

11. Try BF3/Counter Strke 1.6/F.E.A.R 3 / Dirt3/Angry birds , those are the best games for me when i'm stoned !

12. It looks ok but not worth the money for a game that will only last one evening and has no replay value

13. This game looks pretty cool but I haven't bought it. It's too short for me to drop money on.

The best game I've ever played while high has to be either Little Big Planet or Red Dead Redemption.

I suspect Journey is a solid stoney game though.

14. man i wish i could play this game. i dont own a ps3 so i will sadly never get to play it most likely. from the people that played it, i have only heard good things so far.

15. After reading through all these posts stoned, I just had to go download the game. Going to go boot it up on Rogero 4.30