best friend fucking up his life

Discussion in 'General' started by GSMOKES, Feb 9, 2009.

1. my best friend is seriously fucking up. he goes to school high just about every day, he'll pop any pill that someone gives him and might get him the least bit fucked up, he doesn't do his work, and he's not that smart to begin with. his mom has taken every anti depressant there is, and his dad did coke and other drugs before he got sent to jail for killing his second wife. every time i see him he seems to be coming down from a high, completely fucked up, or getting ready to go get high. and if he's not any of those, he says "dude i gotta get some more shit". i started him smoking weed, but i do my work and i don't smoke that much. his girlfriend is also pretty worried about him, but we don't know what to do. when i told him he didn't need to smoke cigarettes, he acted like i was worrying over nothing and got mad at me for even thinking he shouldn't. is there anything i can do to stop him from hitting rock bottom?

2. If he keeps what he doing and not listening then the best bet is just leave him off. Let him learn his leason.

3. Tell him wassup.
    But dont keep pressing him your not his babysitter.
    He'll find out sooner or later that hes fucking up.
    Unless hes happy...

4. buy him like a half ounce of dro and a big bag of vicondins and hand it to him and say have fun

5. i went through this with my best friend... i stayed on him enough for him to change his ways, he's one of the lucky ones

6. i haven't been pressuring him. i just kind of ignore it when he says stuff about drugs. "yep dude, that's cool" i guess all i can do is tell him to chill the fuck out before he ends up in jail or some shit, and then jus let him figure his own shit out if he doesn't listen.

7. #7 poodog313, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    I have a similar friend. There is little you can do to help some who doesn't want to be helped or changed. My friend recently told me he's been smoking meth and crack behind my back for years, which explains alot of his behavior. AKA owing people large sums of money in which he would steal from his own family to pay off, stealing his dads work check book and cashing checks to get his dick hard.

Because of my friends behavior, I basically had to just stop talking to him for along time, which wasn't cool, but I despise being lied to, something he would do all the time.

Alot of people may disagree, but dude needs to take responsibilty and help himself instead of putting his friends in the position to dig him out of the shit hole he got himself into.

Maybe I'm not such a great friend, but I say the same about him. People make mistakes and I dont hold anything against him in the long run. I still smoke with him once a month or so, has changed but not alot. Guy has a baby now which I'm more concerned about than him to be honest.

I tried

8. man alot of people need to hit rock bottom before they can get back up.

its the sad unfortunate truth.

9. ^^ yea, sometimes you just gotta cut them off... i cut my friend off and thats what maede him realize he was losing everything that actually mattered

10. what do you mean "cut him off" i can't stop him from doing drugs, he doesn't live with me. if you mean cut him off from our friendship, i guess that's plausible. but he doesn't have any good friends other than me and his girlfriend. and by good, i mean people who actually care about his well being, and don't waste their lives getting high.

11. Exactly.

Talk to his GF and get her to help you, then the 2 of you explain shit how you see it to him, but make sure he understands your just sayin it, that you're not gunna judge him or even bring it up again, but that you see he's sinking and they you guys are ready to help him if he wants, other than that you're still his friend and all, same as always, you let his problems be his problems.

After that it's up to him.

12. Have had way too many friends who have fucked up their life. They regret it. Some have changed and some haven't. I honestly think their just lost causes. Not much you can do. Let him figure out that its causing him nothing but problems. He'll get it down the road.

13. well that kinda blows. i'll talk to him next time he chills at my place.

14. All you can do is be the best friend to him that you can be in your eyes. If you feel he is going down a self destructive path, you need to tell him how and why you feel that way. Do this knowing that it's not totally in your control.

I lost my closest friend a few years ago because he went down a similar road and I know this is something tons of people deal with.

15. Its depression dude. Some people got a lot of demons haunting them and from the way you described the dude's family life, he's bound to have a shit load of demons. I'm sure that's the root of his problem. So, you have to deal with it that way. I don't think you can go to a person like that and just be like "wtf are you doing"... that's prolly not gonna help him if his addiction to drugs is a symptom of depression. And yes, you are describing addiction. Not to any one drug in particular, just with being high. whatever he does to get high, he HAS to get high. All the time. That's addiction. The problem is that the addiction itself is gonna actuall make the depression worse. Honestly, I'd talk to a professional about what ou can do. There are hotlines and shit you can call to get advice if you don't know a counselor or whatever you could trust. Tread lightly dude. Who knows what he's really been through and how his mind is working right now. Good luck.

16. Sometimes you just have to learn things on your own ya know?
    You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
    You can lead a man to beer fest, but you cant make him drink, but he proly likes beer or he wouldnt be there in the first place.

17. i have friends like this people are stubborn and always think that they are above it all and that bad stuff wont happen to me because im smart and i have it all planned out there isnt much you can do other then let them learn there lesson and not chill with them when thye do stupid stuff

18. You can't do anything.

Sorry, but it is up to him to have a self-realization (if he does).
    You can't force him to change.

19. #19 Smokentoke420, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    Dude, I had the same problem your friend had. After enough overdoses, mental breakdowns, complete loss of memory, hearing really evil shit, twisted, insane nightmares that would make a BBQ with Jeffrey Dahmer seem like a trip to disneyland as a child. I lost my friends (broke friendships) and saw a lot of my friends die because of drugs.

In all honesty, you should let him know your there for him, express your concerns, but dont preach or youll lose his friendship too, I think its something you have to learn on your own homie. Just make sure your there for him.

Just ask some of the older blades here, I was out of hand for quite a while.... real bad.

20. you cant change him just let him sink or swim.

my advise would be quit hangin with him and shit but dont completely shun him either