Best friend being exs brother issue

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by AARON915, Jan 12, 2015.

1. So I dated this girl on and off for a year and a half. We met through my friend, named J, who was the girl's, named A, step brother. Me and her brother weren't good friend before that, but we ended up becoming best friends.

Now, I'm completely done with A. Don't want her in my life at all. She's off my mind less and less everyday but my best friend being A's brother is setting me back when it comes to forgetting about her. Go over to his house, see pictures of her, her dad (bit awkward), etc.

Thankfully, A doesn't go to her dads house for certain reasons.

Now, point I'm getting to: I want this girl completely out of my life/mind but I don't think I can do it being best friends with her brother. Should I stop being friends with him? Permanently, temporarily? Or should I just try and get over her without doing that

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Carne Seca, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    Let me get this straight (harder for me than you might think),  he doesn't see her dad very much (assuming that's where his step-sister is living).  He has little contact with his step-sister and you want to end the friendship because of memories?   Are you so rich in "best" friends that you can throw one away like so much garbage? 

I think he's the one who should be considering whether the friendship is worth it.  So, basically, the only reason you befriended him was to get in good with his step-sister?  You realize that's what this looks like, right?  

3. Bros before hoes.

4. Step sister lives with her mom, she doesn't see the dad often. He lives with his mom and her dad. He has a lot of contact with his sister. And I didn't befriend him to get with his sister. He introduced his sister to me, I didn't know she existed before that. Then me and him ended up becoming best friends.

I've decided that I'm going to keep him as a friend and just stay away from the house for awhile

5. Sounds like you believe you're doing this guy a favor by being friends with him.

So in other words you are not really friend, don't know what kind of friend would want to abandon his friend for something like this.

6. I don't want to abandon him, and I'm not doing him a favor being his friend. I'm concerned about my happiness is all this was about

7. I think you are making the right choice hombre. Don't let these people talk bad about you. Keep your friend and get over the chick at the same time.