Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best for variety of ailments...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nancygail, Apr 18, 2019.

1. #21 nancygail, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    The local dispensaries site is linked to leafly... Here is the leafly graphic on one of their items: Green Crack. The thing is there are SO many... a bit overwhelming. I'm a little concerned about cost as I'm on a limited budget. I'm unsure how what I'm reading equates into actual days use depending on what I get. Plus I need a daytime strain and nighttime to help me sleep.

Green Crack
    [​IMG]

It shows how many joints or bowls for each amount... I have a vape pen and no concept of how often I'll need to use it or how it lasts... or how it translates. Here is an example of one of their strains and cost.
    [​IMG]

2. After making a batch does it keep... as in shelf life? I assume its a liquid at the end of the process and then the drops are added to what I'm eating or drinking...

3. Yes it has a very long shelf life both at room temp and for really extended storage either fridge or freezer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one drop capsules I made up for one of my neighbors to get him started on Cannabis treatment for his Cancer.
    He is taking one with each meal and while lightly stoned he is quite functional through the day.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you for the clarification and photos. That helps a lot. Ü

5. love this kind of stuff... thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. A little back story on edibles.
    While harder to learn the sweet spot of edibles make the most sense when working on a limited budget.
    Smoked-vaped-tincture is all Delta-9-THC = hits fast and wear off fast.
    Eaten = 11-Hydroxy-THC = slow to hit and slow to wear off.

11-Hydroxy-THC is what your Liver changes Delta-9-THC into.
    5 times stronger and 10 times longer lasting.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BNW
    Question. The dropper you are using for loading caps
    Is the squeeze bulb made of rubber or silicon?
    I have been wondering about the rubber breaking down when in contact with everclear high proof and any oils Thoughts?

8. Since they came from the gadget isle of the local supermarket I'm guessing low grade rubber.
    I get about a years use out of them before the bulb gets hard and I toss it for a new one.
    Doesn't really pull enough fluid to contact the bulb with oil.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Was hoping to get my card yesterday but should be Monday for sure. In the meantime I'm reading, taking notes etc so I'm ready when I hit the dispensary. I sure appreciate all the great input and info for a newbie. Ü

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. I also just got approved for medical MJ. Here You can just use the ID card approval on email until your card comes in the mail. I don’t know if it’s different there. It’s only been a few weeks when the ban on smoking was overturned. So I went to a disband they seemed very knowledgeable about what would be the best for what your medical issues are. They recommended Lemon OG and I chose Jack Herer. I was in a car accident and have a herniated disc in my neck with severe pain and migraines. The Lemon OG splayed both within a few minutes! It’s a 50/50 hybrid with 23.6 thc. It can be a bit of a knock out that had me sleeping till noon when you smoke more but with small doses I had no trouble at work. The Jack was an enjoyable energetic head high but wasn’t nearly effective with the pain/migraine. You can also google specific strains. This is my first time using dispensary weed and it’s awesome! I hope you will find some relief.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Unfortunately AZ won't do that. Appreciate the idea though. I did call to check. Thanks so much for the added info. I need all I can get!

12. #33 nancygail, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    EDIT: Decided this post was to in depth. Gonna start another thread...

13. I have no experience, but do they even sell it recarbed?

14. Is this considered oil... tincture?

15. Edible oil capsules. It would be considered a direct oil extraction.
    Tincture is done with high proof Alcohol.
    BNW

16. Thanks!

17. Find yourself a sativa dominant strain. C99 or Durban Poison would be excellent. Will definately help with the depression and wanting to get out and do something. I've found that on a 80%+ sativa strain, you generally keep doing what you're doing until it's done. Don't be caught wat hing movies on the couch when she kicks in :) :)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

18. Could you clarify a couple other things for me? You mentioned the strain does not matter so much as long as it has a high enough THC content. Is THC required to treat tumors/cancer? It appears that THC makes me pretty sick. So I was going to look into a lower ratio 1:20

19. I'm finally ready to make a tiny batch of this... I could use a little more info on the process.

1. The decarbed cannabis... I know that means its been heated. Do I need to heat the flower I purchased myself before starting this? If so how do I do this?
    2. Do I combine the ingredients below and bake it in an oven at 220 degrees?
    3. I assume its ready to use then though I can freeze it and if I do so I then need to reheat it again before using it?

RECIPE
    5 grams decarbed Cannabis. Kief-hash-powdered buds-wax-shatter-resin-ect.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil (any cooking oil works but all are slower to take effect)
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin. (any kind, liquid-granules-powder-soy-sunflower)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional softens particles for a better mouth feel)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (can omit if you skipped the freeze)