Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best for variety of ailments...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nancygail, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Hello!
    I was just approved for a MM card in AZ. Never used it before and while I've been researching things my psychological issues make that difficult as there is SO much info and I get confused easily.

I was looking for simplistic insight into what I might do for the following: I have severe anxiety and depression along with fibromyalgia and a thyroid tumor which may or may not be cancerous.

My Goals:
    • Reduce anxiety & depression
    • Increase motivation. (lack of most likely due to depression.)
    • Ease pain.
    • Shrink tumor.
    Sleep can be an issue but mainly because of anxiety and/or pain. If I can get my anxiety/depression under control it helps everything else. I know it can not only treat but heal, though I realized no claims can be made to that fact.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Nancy Ü

2. Strong indica strains are good for sleep and pain relief.
    Edibles take longer to kick in, but last much longer than smoking/vaping.
    Consider using some CBD and/or sativa strains during the day.
    If you use a dispensary, ask them for their strongest indica strain.
    Many dispensary edibles are weaker than claimed, so making your own from herb might be a long term goal, and people here can help.
    CBD harms sleep for some of us, but helps provide good sleep for most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Appreciate that! I do have a book on making edibles. Just need to get the basics down first.

4. That book might not be the best.
    I've seen dozens of weak recipes in many different books.
    If you decide to make your own, check back here before you do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 pickerman, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Hi Nancy

Check out what Storm Crow has to say here
    She is the 1st poster in response to the question
    Click on this link will take you to the thread
    Can/does marijuana inhibit the growth of thyroid tumors?
    Have you ever used MJ products before
    You need to be careful at 1st some may cause your anxiety levels to become worse and make you paranoid or mind racing.
    My buddy has had great luck with treating his and his graves disease.

6. What lvl are you WOW?
    Use to love that game

7. Terpenes are the smell and taste of the plant. We are finding out they have much to do with the overall feeling we get from cannabis. Take the time to read and learn about them because you will find some really work well with lifting one's spirits due to depression.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks so much. I'll check the link out. I've not used MJ before so I know to start low. I've read about how it can make some anxiety worse. Just depends on the person. I'm hoping to go into the dispensary with a little info. Not sure how much they are allowed to help when it comes to deciding what I might try.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you get a good and knowledgeable Bud Tender they sould be able to help steer you
    But go in informed as you seem to be planning to do.

10. For most Cancers and Tumors we recommend edibles as they pack the most punch per milligram making them both the most potent and the most cost effective.
    Edibles need to have the Cannabis activated first called Decarboxylation and this step changes the inactive THC-A and CBD-A into the active forms THC and CBD.

It's nothing more then baking the herb in the oven for 40 minutes at 240 F.

Do this for anything you intend to make into food or drink.
    ======================================
    5 grams decarbed Cannabis. Kief-hash-powdered buds-wax-shatter-resin-ect.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil (any cooking oil works but all are slower to take effect)
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin. (any kind, liquid-granules-powder-soy-sunflower)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional softens particles for a better mouth feel)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (can omit if you skipped the freeze)
    ======================================
    Done.
    Start with 1 drop of this. Add a second drop after 2 hours. Add a 3rd after 2 more hours. Continue this until you feel it. Keep track of how many drops it takes.
    Now you have a baseline number of drops required to work from on your second try. If one drop is to much thin accordingly.
    While slow this is the safe way to learn what you need and can tolerate as far as edibles go.
    Smoking usually lasts 45-60 minutes. Edibles can be an all day high lasting 6-8-10 hours or longer depending on the individual. This is part of why we advise new users to sneak up on the first few attempts very slowly and carefully as to much edible can be a real intense trip and a nightmare of colors, sensations and feelings. Even for a very experienced user it can get to be a really heavy trip that lasts for hours and hours.

I make and take this stuff every day for my own medical issues and it works very well. I gift it to several other people close to me with issues of their own and it works for a very wide range of things.

I don't find strains to be all that critical for my issue as long as the THC content is high enough it works for me. I grow Indica, Sativa and Hybrids and they all work equally well at controlling my issues. Get a sample of each and smoke a bit of each a day apart and see what you like. They do have a different feel to most people with Sativa being a more brain spinning get up and go type of high.
    Indica tend to be more set back and watch some TV
    Hybrids something mid way.
    It's all good to me and I zoom around on all of it.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. I very much appreciate that info. So I assume I ask for decarbed Cannabis? The drops are confusing me... does this process make a liquid I then add drops to whatever I'm eating or drinking?

12. #13 WeedCat, Apr 19, 2019
    That's the budtenders job. They weirdly get paid the lowest but are acting as a pharmacist in a sense. Some are a little behind on the science of cannabis so the more you know ahead of time, the better. Make sure you ask for a 1:1 at the least. That means it has as much THC to CBD. CBD will calm down any anxiety you get from the THC. They work beautifully together. And ask if their products have a label for the terpene profile. If so, take a look at the product labels to see if you can find a terpene that will aide you in your quest to calm down and elevate your mood. Which Cannabis Terpenes Reduce Anxiety & Where Can You Find Them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #14 WeedCat, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  14. Thanks for all the great info! I'm taking notes to take with me to the dispensary. Ü

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. My main is lvl 120... human mage. I have about a dozen alts that are 100 but I stopped leveling them 2 expansions ago as they changed things up so much it became confusing. I've played since dec 2008 when my son got me into it. It's the only game I play... well... 'game' doesn't' really do it justice. Ü

16. There is one dispensary close that I will use as soon as my card comes... any day now. Am I allowed to post a link to it? They list what they have but seem to be missing much of the specs. I'm looking over it and its all greek to me. :-/

17. #18 BrassNwood, Apr 19, 2019
    For now your just going to buy some flowers-buds as it is your first visit.
    Get some Indica and Sativa.
    Stop at the local Tobacco shop and pick up a small pipe and a 5 pack of screens.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Start off smoking a bit. Scissor some up and take a toke or 2. Wait 15 minutes between tokes and see what it does.

We'll try edibles in a while after you get used to the feeling of the herb.
    Don't need to be concerned about Decarbing until then.

Smoking is fast acting and wears off fairly fast so it's a good place to start for new users.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm probably going to have to start that way until I learn a bit more on how to do this. I actually have a vape pen ready as I assume that might be better for my lungs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I think it should be fine to show the lab test label so we can help you read it.