Best Fan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joeya28, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Right now my room is sporting a 150w Hps and 200w Cfls but my crappy axle duct fan isn't cutting it for exhaust. So I've been looking at getting a new fan, but my next buy after the fan will be a 6 inch 400w cool tube so the fan I buy now will run that eventually. so keeping this in mind...

do i buy this..an inexpensive 400 CFM fan with some negative reviews when it comes to sound which is a concern for me....
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Active-Air-inch-Line/dp/B002JQ14F8]Amazon.com: Hydrofarm Active Air 6 inch In-Line Fan 400 CFM: Home & Garden[/ame]

or something like this.. that seem like a better fan but with a much lower CFM rating [ame=http://www.amazon.com/LED-Wholesalers-GYO2401-Centrifugal-Hydroponic/dp/B003YFDY8I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_3]Amazon.com: LED Wholesalers GYO2401 6-Inch 206 CFM Air Duct Inline Centrifugal Hydroponic Exhaust Fan: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

or some other option!? thanks for the help blades.

2. very nice, I wanted to spend around 100 and the fan plus the speedster will be right around there. Ill be over with S&H but whatever..

Do you know anything about how loud this fan is?

I see this stores link is in your sig, you've had good experience with them?

3. #4 BAGZ, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
    I agree about the Valueline fan but it's cheaper from here Plant Lighting Hydroponics Also the fan itself isn't loud, it's the amount of air it pushes that makes 90% of the noise. With mine on full blast if the house is completely silent I can hear the vibration slightly outside the door to the room it's in, but I just changed it so it's hanging from bungees and it seems to be quieter.

4. It's 435CFM so it will be very loud.

If that's an issue then you'll want to consider getting a duct muffler.

5. #6 Tihspeed, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Awesome experience..but that other fan is way cheaper

6. I got the fan/filter combo from htgsupply. It's the 4" version. I believe I spent $120 on it? And it came with the filter. It's quiet, most of the noise comes from the air flowing through the ducting. I have the Speedster hoping it would quiet it but it just makes the fan hum. My cab is so light and air tight I use the speedster to lower the fan so I can get the door open!

7. It looks exactly like the speedster. I do not know anything about it. Sorry

8. All the speed controls like that are the same thing, just a different name on it. Plantlighting Hydroponics is great, I haven't found anywhere that has cheaper prices on fans.

9. plant lighting hydroponics FTW. helpful people, fast/discrete shipping. Ill be using them again for sure.