best fan for small LED setup?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by a J a day, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Hey yall got a small room in the making (200W diamond series LED)

2.5 ft tall
    4 ft wide
    2 ft deep

I want my room to be stealth so any suggestions for quiet inline fans? I was going to get a bigger fan with a speed controller so it would be quiet. Any input would be appreciated!!

2. I grow with LEDs. Being that you will want a Carbon Filter smallest is a 4 inch inline fan. I would get a variable speed controller...there universal so will work with all of them. That way you can turn the fan down.

If the noise is still a bother you can get a muffler to muffle the sound coming outta the fan or just get a box with egg crate foam in it...which is what the mufflers they sell do.

3. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']I grow with LEDs. Being that you will want a Carbon Filter smallest is a 4 inch inline fan. I would get a variable speed controller...there universal so will work with all of them. That way you can turn the fan down.

If the noise is still a bother you can get a muffler to muffle the sound coming outta the fan or just get a box with egg crate foam in it...which is what the mufflers they sell do.[/quote]

Thanks for the input brotha! I was going to have a carbon filter with a DIY muffler and rubber bushings/hangers for more noise reduction

4. The vast amount of noise coming from your fan will be the fan itself and the rushing air.

You can go to home depot/lowes and get insulated ducting. Costs more but substainally lowers the sound.

THe biggest lowering of sound you will get is by getting the variable speed control box...about 20 bucks I think. Without it your fan runs at max which you probably wont need it to at that size of a grow area. Turning that switch to like half way cuts the noise down like a ton.

5. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

The vast amount of noise coming from your fan will be the fan itself and the rushing air.

You can go to home depot/lowes and get insulated ducting. Costs more but substainally lowers the sound.

THe biggest lowering of sound you will get is by getting the variable speed control box...about 20 bucks I think. Without it your fan runs at max which you probably wont need it to at that size of a grow area. Turning that switch to like half way cuts the noise down like a ton.[/QUOT
    Any recommendations for a fan? Thanks alot man

6. Got mine off HTGSupply.com One of there combo fan/carbon filter combos. At the bottom is a selection for there variable speed box add on.