best/easiest way to feed co2 to your plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jennybunny, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Looking for some easy techniques to use co2 to your plants. I dont have access to dry ice so thats out of the picture.

2. For CO2 to make any real difference you need a full grow room setup which can be costly, I know beacuse I used to use it for a couple of grows. Really it was more hassle than it was worth IMO, when the regulator broke I tried to run it just by turning the fans off and blasting them with the CO2 gas but it made no difference to the grow.

Harvest was only slightly less without CO2 so I have never bothered with it since. Sure I think it makes a grow even better but its one of the last things that I would buy, you need to keep the ppm around 1500 which can mean turning the fans on and off and other kinds of hassle.

So if running CO2 without a regulator is no good them Im sure the homebrew methods must be a complete waste of time. If you really want to add more CO2 then just spend more time near your plants :smoke:

3. #3 jennybunny, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
    well i pretty much have a room set up atm and heard that you can easily yeild ounces more useing co2. Dont get me wrong just what i heard thats why i made this thread :p but if im growing some good OG kush id want to do as much as i could to yeild more :) although like you said in your eyes its not worth it so maybe i should avoid it for now. Thought maybe there was an easy way to rig up and give your plants some.

4. You want the best or the easiest?

Easiest is to provide lots of constant fresh air ventilation, let nature do the work.

5. I feed mine with a CO2 bottle, regulator, and a C.A.P air-4 meter that shuts it off when the fan comes on. A ppm meter is handy as well, but expensive. CO2 is expensive, but if done right its worth it. If you DIY it, probably not gonna help much. Get a professional setup with a Bottle/regulator or a propane burner if you want it to be worth it. I do use the DIY milkjug method on my babies/clones though. They need a lot less CO2. I save my Bottled CO2 for the adult flowering stage.