Best Durban Poison Genetics?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by jawlessbody, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Title says it all. I'm getting into growing and Durban Poison is my all time favorite strain. I'm wondering if you guys can point me to the best genetics. People tell me Dutch Passion is sub par. Looking for regular seeds so I can open pollinate my first run for more seeds.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Hmmmm. Id grow a couple first and find the best phenomenon and breed that one. Good luck hunting it down. Great strain, perfect for breakfast lunch and dinner.

• Like Like x 2
  3. you can grow fems and still pollenate with silver nitrate. just spay a limb and watch the magic happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. think id go for Sensi seeds Durban Poison..its a good yielder too ..mac,,

5. Just to clarify what does the silver nitrate do? I've heard of plants herming because of stress. Is silver nitrate a foolproof way to do this?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. yep

turns a limb male and pollenates the plant

7. Or you could open pollinate em if you buy regular seeds and if the genetics you get are bomb have a lifetime supply. But the silver will duplicate the existing plant basically so find one you love and make female seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. true i didnt I forgot to mention that if you grow a bag seed its 50-50 male female (opinions differ) if you pull the seeds from the male its still 50-50. if you use the silver nitrate on a feminized plant you will get only female seeds.

9. I would add a vote for Sensi's genetics as well. fairly easy to find both regular and female...another option is Durban by Cannabiogen. The genetics on those beautiful plants were outstanding- three plants that grew to the size of trees when they had finished their full cycle. the size reminded me a lot of vintage Kali Mist grows or some Colombian/Acapulco Gold.

Best of luck with your search!

10. I know I will probably be in the minority but I wouldn't try and tackle a true Durban indoor on your first grow. There are some great faster finishing sativa's and sativa acting hybrids that I think would be better suited for a first time tent grower. If you're planning to run outdoor or have a mentor just disregard my post best of luck

11. I clearly did not read the full post! haha I agree with Shane, I would absolutely not run Durban if you are a new grower. Big and tall landrace based sativa's can be extremely temperamental and can lead to a really tough grow. Durban can run for 14 weeks of growth...it is a pretty intense plant. There are several good hybrids created b y crossing durban or tons of other great sativa based hybrids to start with and I am sure you would get plenty of help in the community if you are struggling to choose what to start with.

Wishing you lots of luck with your next grow!