Best DRY HERB vaporizers? (Portable or Pen) I need advice on what to buy

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by BlindHaze, Feb 3, 2014.

1. #41 lFourTwenty, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    Do alot of research before buying one..most portable vaporizers have tradeoffs like battery life, convection vs conduction, stealth, durability, etc.

There is no one BEST vaporizer. A few good ones I can recommend are

Arizer solo
    Pinnacle Pro
    Davinci Ascent
    Firefly
    And the Pax is decent if you can get it for a good price
    I would recommend the MFLB, but it does seem outdated compared to these newer vapes.

They all vaporize weed, but they each have their pros and cons. This is where your researching the vapes comes in. There are youtube videos for all of them..just make a decision based on what you like most.

2. #42 lFourTwenty, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014

The plenty is handheld, not portable. I suppose you could buy a power adapter and try it in your car, but it does not run off battery, nor is it stealthy in any way.

And he is right..a portable volcano? Portable and volcano are totally contradictory when it comes to vaporizers.

3. #43 lwien, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

Concerning vaporizers, High Times has lost all credibility with their reviews with most who know a lot about vaporizers.   They have given high reviews to vaporizers in the past that were total garbage and yet totally skipped some of the most highly regarded vapes on the market.    It seems that they give special kudos to those manufactures who buy advertising in their mag.

Regarding the Plenty, it is not a portable.   It requires AC power.   As long as you are tethered to a power cord, there is no way in hell that it could ever be thought of as a portable.  It is a plug-in home unit.    

Regrading the Pax, what I personally don't like about it is that it works 100% in conduction mode and as such, it is constantly cooking your herb, as it's heating up, in between hits, and as it's cooling down.  What happens with this type of operation is that efficiency takes a major hit, it smells more, and there is increased maintenance as far as a need to keep it clean.   For me, I only want heat applied to my bud when I'm hitting it.    But if someone want's a really stealthy vape (the small size factor) and is not concerned with conserving bud, the added maintenance and the smell, it's a pretty good vape.  Looks really pretty too.

Oh, I'll say something about it in warning people not to buy this garbage.  It is total trash.   It is a cheap Chinese made knock off......plain and simple.   If anyone really wants to know about this piece of crap, from a piece of crap company, read the following 14 page thread on it with reviews done by multiple people who know a lot about vaporizers:  http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dragon-lite-portable.4632/

Also, see the following:  http://www.magic-flight.com/images/counterfeits/Dragon_Light.pdf

4. The firefly seems to be a winner if you're looking for the stealthiest.

I love my clouds and I love vapor-bonging, so obviously stealth isn't a concern for me, but it certainly is for some people.

The only portable vaporizer I can think of that can vapor-bong right out of the box is the pinnacle pro..they come with a standard 14mm adapter.

5. #45 lwien, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

I'm really liking the FireFly as well, but more for the instant on, instant off convection operation rather than the stealthiness.    It's a pretty big vape but it's kinda flat so it slides into your pocket really nicely.

6. The always on mode of the Pax does make for a few issues, but I've yet to see a portable vape that's perfect either, and that is a very dealable thing given that most people whip out and turn their vape on to smoke it anyway. While yes I would love Pax level quality, minus that unfortunate hurdle, I find the always on convection perfectly liveable personally. I got to use a Launch Box leading up to that and it was no contest (also the pushing the battery in to take a hit fast became rather annoying).

Always on convection?   Which vape are you talking about?

8. The Pax. I was referring to the conduction mode you mentioned above and just used the wrong word.

9. The MLB. Hands down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I LOVE my MFLB but to say that it is the best, hands down is bullshit.