Best DRY HERB vaporizers? (Portable or Pen) I need advice on what to buy

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by BlindHaze, Feb 3, 2014.

Being that this thread is about vaping dry herbs, the v3 is a piece of shit.   For oils though.....................I have no idea.  

2. I've always seen it as the Magic Flight Launch Box being the best (before the Pax came out anyway, and/or if you needed something cheaper), and of course, if your budget was higher, I'd just say the Pax, because as far as I can tell that appears to be the best portable dry herb vape still, assuming you had a higher budget anyway.

The Magic Flight being the best at what?    It's one of the best for being the stealthiest, but it isn't the best in regards to taste and it's not the best in regards to vapor production.    The Pax, while a very nice vape and VERY stealthy, is also not the best in regards to taste.

WAYYY too many variables to claim that ANY portable is the best but if I was in the market for another portable, I'd seriously consider the FireFly being that it is convection based with heat being instantly applied and instantly cooled off rather than in constant cook mode.

4. K thanks iwien I was talking dry herb. I'm just gonna go with what my gut told me when I first started checking the portable vapes out and buy the solo. I see they r about 100 cheaper on eBay than on arizers site. The eBay sais it's the improved 2013 model so I don't really know why such the price difference. Does anyone know? This will be my first vape and am looking forward to it and don't want to be disappointed. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The Solo is a real safe bet.    Great vape.   LOTS of people really like it with many saying that it is the best portable that they've ever used, but it isn't really stealthy.    A bit too big for that unless you got really bulky pockets.

6. Got my MFLB in 2 days from puffitup.com. I got the bundle with extra batteries, grinders, glass stems, and a carrying case for literally like $100 with a 15% coupon I found on Google. Best hundred bucks I've ever spent. I've only used it once thus far but it's stealthy and portable as all hell and got me super duper stoned off not that much weed. MFLB is what you're looking for especially on that budget.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

7. #27 spincut, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    It's all around best. I did my research before buying it to find the best hitting non-butane portable vape, and that's why I got it and I haven't regretted it since. The next best one I tried was the magic flight at the time, which was alright for the price point, albeit not incredibly stealthy (and didn't seem to hit as well as a pax in most senses).

I didn't take in the presumption that the OP may have wanted a butane powered portable vape, but I generally do not presume that was on their mind.

8. The MFLB(or it's cheap knock off, theDragon Lite) works greatSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. what about snoops new one micro g any one used it?

Do NOT get the Dragon Lite.   Arguably one of the worst vapes ever to hit the market.

11. I was looking at it a few weeks ago, I heard its the same exact thing as the original gpen with graphics, and people say the gpen sucks so.

12. [quote name="BlindHaze" post="19463768" timestamp="1391528868"]I was looking at it a few weeks ago, I heard its the same exact thing as the original gpen with graphics, and people say the gpen sucks so.[/quote]It burns the weed, not a true vaporizer. Why do you think it's so cheap?Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

13. so pax is king?, going to be hard going from bong to vape pen 

14. get a Da Vinci Vaporizer. it only cost 108 dollars on ebay and works great. some reviewer even claim it to be the portable volcano. 

15. #35 lwien, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014

Pax is king?   King of what?    It may be the king for some, but for many others, it's not even a pawn.   Not a bad vape though.

btw, you can vape through a bong.   Vaporbonging is really, really nice.

A portable Volcano?  LOL...................that reviewer should be shot.   And what does that even mean?   A portable that can blow up bags? 

16. No no I think you got the concept wrong. Similar to the volcano, it provides a lcd support for customizable temperatures. In essence it's a mini version of the volcano, without the blow up bags.

here's the reviewer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o3qsJ4RsM4

Ok, thanks for the clarification.   I understand what you're saying but also please understand that the title of his video "Best portable herb vaporizer" is totally bogus.    It may be the best for HIM, but there are some great portables on the market and for many those other portables would blow the DV out of the water.

18. Well, High Times does some pretty thorough roundups each year, and when the Pax came out they lauded it as their favorite all around, and after using it personally I can see why. I understand your point about there possibly being other portable vapes that excel in certain particular areas, but unless you have some particular niche need (butane, special features, ect), the Pax seems to hold up and work the best (as long as you can afford it).

As for the portable Volcano thing...well..not as laughable a concept as you think. Well, ok maybe it is, but my point is that Storz and Bickel actually do make a portable vape called the "Plenty", which isn't exactly portable if you look at it, but apparently it hits really well (no big surprise there at least).

19. I'm glad you understood what I meant. I accordance with the title, of course it's totally absurd, I never mentioned anything about it being the best portable vaporizer. Also your reasoning behind it can be said true for just about any product out there with different choices. In a capitalistic society one has choices to find his/her preferred service and product. 

20. [quote name="lwien" post="19463692" timestamp="1391527954"]Do NOT get the Dragon Lite. Arguably one of the worst vapes ever to hit the market.[/quote]I have it with 4 2900m/ah batteries. Works like a dream. Great purchase. Did you use it? If not then don't say anything about it.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum