Best Downstem for Tree Percolator?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by BudKiiiLLA, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Can anyone tell me the best type of downstem for a Tree Perc. piece?

Something free flowing, but not too "chuggy".

2. prolly a diffisued downstem, with slits. and open ended.

3. showerhead style
    but now luke released their 6arms avaiable to order

4. The 6 arm downstems seem sick man. Only thing is I dont think I would buy one for a tube with a perc in it because you would have to tilt the bong to get all the arms diffusing on the downstem, but then only half would be working on the perc.

Wow I really hope that made sense, I'm really stoned right now haha.

5. yah it does, i know exactly what you mean.
    instead, why not fill it with tiny glass beads?

6. id say that the roor diffuser style with just a bunch of tiny holes in the bottom works the best, as the showerhead and arm diffusers need to be tilted back for optimum diffusion

7. #7 bluntman889, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
    I had my local headshop blow me two downstems for my bong (one for the actual bong, one for the ashcatcher) that each have 4 holes in them. 1 at the very bottom and then three going around the bottom in place of diffuser slits. I used to be a believer in getting the most diffusion possible, but after accidentally breaking the end off of one of my diffused downstems and noticing how much easier the bong was to milk and clear i immediately had these blown. It makes milking and clearing very easy, but not so much you suck all your bud down...its just right. (with 2 broken downstems it burned the bud way too quick...this is a great in between). Used to take a good 5-6secs of sucking to clear the entire bong with the original diffused downstems. I can clear it in about 2 seconds now with a strong rip. Also, didnt notice any difference in taste or smoothness since I've switched. The percolator and ashcatcher do plenty.

btw my bong is a HVY 14'' beaker bottom with a 10 tree perc, to relate what all I was talking about

I know that was alot, but I think this was more what you were asking about. Hope this helps some