Best Dog Breeds

Discussion in 'Pets' started by slackattack, Aug 31, 2012.

1. I'm looking into getting a dog, but there are requirements.
    1. Small -- 25 lbs or less
    2. Cuddly
    3. Non-yappy

I've done my research, but I'd like to hear from real people about what breeds and experiences y'all have had with dogs that fit these descriptions.

Thanks!

2. As for small dogs that fit that description, Ive always loved pugs. They are cute as hell. Really energetic but not yappy. Other small breeds like that from experience Ive seen are chows but sometimes they get a little mean later in life. They are fluffy as shit though.

3. [quote name='"DARKKNT420"']As for small dogs that fit that description, Ive always loved pugs. They are cute as hell. Really energetic but not yappy. Other small breeds like that from experience Ive seen are chows but sometimes they get a little mean later in life. They are fluffy as shit though.[/quote]

Yes, pugs get one

4. [quote name='"420tokerdude"']

Yes, pugs get one[/quote]

See this guy knows what im talking about.

5. My gf and I have a miniature australian shepherd...he's badass and meets all your requirements but one...he is about 30lbs or so, but his hair alone must make up 5lbs of that 30.

He's cuddly (laying at the foot of the bed as I type this :smoke:, but not over cuddly..he comes over to my gf and I and sleeps right in between us. He loves attention, but what puppy doesn't?

He barks, only when someone is at the door to alert us, of course this bugs me mostly because it scared the shit out of me, haha...but it's not too bad! :bongin:

6. [quote name='"RooRgle"']My gf and I have a miniature australian shepherd...he's badass and meets all your requirements but one...he is about 30lbs or so, but his hair alone must make up 5lbs of that 30.

He's cuddly (laying at the foot of the bed as I type this :smoke:, but not over cuddly..he comes over to my gf and I and sleeps right in between us. He loves attention, but what puppy doesn't?

He barks, only when someone is at the door to alert us, of course this bugs me mostly because it scared the shit out of me, haha...but it's not too bad! :bongin:[/quote]

Aussies are some of the best dogs Ive ever met. I forgot all about that breed. They are so loyal.

7. He is a very loyal dog, and he has a face that would make anyone instantly love him...he knows this though and uses it to his advantage when he gets in trouble :cool:

8. [quote name='"RooRgle"']

He is a very loyal dog, and he has a face that would make anyone instantly love him...he knows this though and uses it to his advantage when he gets in trouble :cool:[/quote]

What color is he? Most ive seen have been black and white.

9. He's a red tri...we were going to get one of his two brothers (a blue merle and a black and white tri...but he was so pretty, and his eyes are an olive brown to go with his coat..if I can find a good pic I will post. :smoke: :wave:

10. [quote name='"RooRgle"']

He's a red tri...we were going to get one of his two brothers (a blue merle and a black and white tri...but he was so pretty, and his eyes are an olive brown to go with his coat..if I can find a good pic I will post. :smoke: :wave:[/quote]

Their eyes are one of the most striking features about them. And he sounds like a really nice looking dog man. :wave:

11. [quote name='"slackattack"']I'm looking into getting a dog, but there are requirements.
    1. Small -- 25 lbs or less
    2. Cuddly
    3. Non-yappy

I've done my research, but I'd like to hear from real people about what breeds and experiences y'all have had with dogs that fit these descriptions.

Thanks![/quote]

Youd probably love a maltese

12. Thank you very much he has been a great companion, and yeah his eyes are striking, best word for it right there, thanks again man :bongin:

13. [quote name='"RooRgle"']

Thank you very much he has been a great companion, and yeah his eyes are striking, best word for it right there, thanks again man :bongin:[/quote]

No problem man. :) dogs have always been a part of my life and I can appreciate any dog. Myself I just lost mine 2 months ago. She was a golden retriever. She lived to be 11 though. So I got a lot out of her.

14. I used to want small & cuddly too until I couldn't find one that wouldn't pee everywhere. I've had a Chow for six years. BEST dog EVER. She's quiet, loyal, very affectionate, goofy, loves to play ball. I hated dogs until I got her - I thought they were dumb and slobbery. I eventually found one that was small and cuddly but she was an *adult already. Pomeranian. Freaking spoiled. Great dog, though. You may like those. But they're hard to housebreak so I suggest trying to find one that's older.

15. get a siberian husky or an alaskan malamute.

16. If I could get a bigger dog, I would but my landlord doesn't allow big pets. So I'm stuck getting a small dog or ... God forbid, a cat. Yuck.

17. [quote name='"slackattack"']If I could get a bigger dog, I would but my landlord doesn't allow big pets. So I'm stuck getting a small dog or ... God forbid, a cat. Yuck.[/quote]

Maltese

18. My parents have a Bichon, not all fluffed up like on dog shows but just trimmed. Soooo fucking cute, all she wants to do is lay all over you and by you and be scratched. Most laid back dog ever. you could drag her around the floor by her tail if you wanted to >_<.

Not very yappy either, I mean she'll bark sometimes but its rather low for her size.

19. Sorry for your loss man, that is never easy! Glad you two were able to spend those 11 years to the fullest, that's what it's all about! :bongin:

20. Oh, well then id go with these get an italian greyhound,rat terrier or a pembroke welsh corgi

DO NOT get a chihuahua fuck that dog ....they pee everywhere especially if they're the type to get scared of everything worst breed i've ever delt with "my ex had one" i hated it.