Best Dog Breed?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Feathertop_2064, Apr 21, 2016.

1. i was surprised to learn that they are in the hound classification. i dont think they would make much of a guard dog. only for intimidation for their size, but even then, they run up to you and want to hug you, kind of gentle giants in a way.

2. For exclusive work as a guard dog I don't think you can go too far from with French mastiffs and Rottweilers. The first is the only dog that had ever bitten me...bastard dogs...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #43 hellmutt boones, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    GSD

4. Lab. I have two kids that she loves and protects like here own would not get a diff dog. I have had a lot of breeds.lab has been the best so far

5. #46 SirInfi, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    I'd have my jindos over a German Shepard any day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other siblings, living at my mom's estate
    [​IMG]
    They're dominant from birth and constantly fight each other for alpha position.
    Loves my buddies boxer, but will fuck it up. She was about 5 months in this picture.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. All dogs are good dogs and we're lucky to have such amazing little creatures like them in our lives.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LOL The fucking Sophie's Choice of questions hahaha

8. I personally think corgi's are an amazing breed. Just look at their cute little stubby legs!

9. Yorkshire Terriers are dickheads.

• Like Like x 2
  10. well i might be in the market for a guard dog. i have a house that is going to be vaccant and it will get robbed. i think i would like to have a nice o mean dog ready and waiting for them
    i thought about rottwilers
    only problem is, i dont want the dog to attack me either because it will most likely see me every few days or so

11. You be keeping the dogs outside?

My cousin has five French mastiffs that he keeps outside and they do an awesome job. They are fine with me as I've handled them since puppies and they sometimes get walked with my
    Dogs...everyone else they attack on site without hesitation.

Personally if I were to have outside guard dogs I would go with half a dozen boerboels.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. What he said.

:p

13. My first thought was Golden Retriever.. BEST DOGS EVER.

But since you're in an Apt.. Teacup Yorkie. They're incredibly intelligent with huge personalities for their small size. I wouldn't feel bad about keeping one in a small apt/house. Take them out once a day.