Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Design for a Crutch

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dynex77, Dec 15, 2011.

1. So I have had some discussions with my smoking buddies about whats the best design for a crutch. Now to clarify, a crutch is the thicker paper(like a business card) rolled and put into the end of your joint or blunt. Simply clarifying the term I will be using here.

So, we basically came to the conclusion a joint or blunt is best smoked using a crutch, unless you roll them tight or cone shaped. However, we then got deeper into the discussion about the best way to create your crutch and how to design it.
    We brought it down to our own personal preference(Kind of a signature to your work).

My Preferred: Rolling up a piece of paper; creating one circle for the outer support then rolling/folding the rest into an M shape within that outer circle. The outer circle gives you support for the mouth and the inner M holds back the bud and creates structure. This also allows you to crunch down the crutch to get a better hold of it when it gets close to be doing.

1st Buddy: Rolling a paper into a spherical spiral and allowing it to "expand" once set in the mouth end. This keeps all the bud in the wrap, and adds support.

2nd Buddy: Same set-up as my preference(1st one); however, instead of using an M design, he prefers a V shape. This he says allows you to get an initial hold on the wrap, and keeps the bud in the wrap without it closing up when it gets down to the roach.

These were all great designs and was an even greater hour conversation/argument. Let me know what you think about these designs or what you think a better design is.

2. My friend likes OCB slims rolling papers, and the came with thick paper to bhe used for crutches. LIke you unfolded a flap and they came down...Anyways he rolled some really good joints with them, and part of what made them so good was that he put in a crutch. I personally think crutches make a joint really enjoyable. Well directions on how to fold the thick papers into crutches came with the papers, and I remember him making an M shape, or a crown as the directions explained. MY question to you is how to you make the M shape? It seems like it would be easy but I fuck it up everytime I try.

3. dude crutches blow, if you can roll well there is no need for one. just roll s nice classic j and save the roach and smoke it later, there great for when your dry

4. To make the M shape is just use the ends of my thumb and index finger and use pressure to bend them in. Getting the correct pressure is difficult, but comes with practice. Another way is to instead of hard folding the paper you can roll it into the M and then just crinch the paper after you make the M.

5. I only put crutches in spliffs. and i use the method your "Buddy 1" uses. its just easier.

FYI: if you're using business cards don't use your own, or at least not the part with ur name.

6. When I do use a crutch, I use the same methods as your Friend 1.

I find that a piece of the rolling paper pack when torn off makes a great material for crutches.

7. I would definelty agree that the joint papers pack is the best for crutch's. The flap covering the paper. Not sure why i used business card as my example, maybe cause I got them sitting out :confused:

8. I used to make W/M filters, but those are just annoying to make. The spiral filters are just as good if you roll them up nicely and are way easier to make. Buddy 1 is a boss. And as for the letters, I think the S is the best. Not as open as the V, but not as constricting as the W

9. My only problem with the spherical spiral is that it has a tendency to come out easier, it just doesnt fit and stay in the end as nicely.

10. there's a place I go to that sells a whole bunch of thin cardboard strips. like a notepad. they're about 1cm from top to bottom and 6 or 7 wide. Makes perfect roaches every time.

a good tip is to roll it up. then unravel it and roll it the other way. stops it from opening up while you're trying to roll the j.

11. Halfway expected to see a crutch...like the walking kind haha

man I'm high

12. Nice shot Dank, thats about how I roll mine. Perfect combination of support and air flow.

13. I love the RAW hemp papers they have combo packs come with crutches they're pretty sweet. Usually i just cut to length and roll them up.

14. Now I'm curious to know whether people call them filters, crutches, or roach. I call 'em roach myself, filters would confuse me because of cigarette filters which you do not want to be using in joints, and no one calls 'em crutches here. Anyway, for the book, I roll an 'M' roach.

15. #17 Dynex77, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
    Well while reading through this thread again it made me think about it as well. and i think i kinda use all 3. and i can even see myself in the situation when i would. so when the blunt is still full and and were making it, I would call it a crutch. Once it starts to burn to the end ill say, "watch out, its getting close to the filter". And then a roach for me would be when the remains are put out and its not burning anymore..to use another day.

wow, never really thought how i actually would use 3 different terms in one sesh

Edit: yup, thanks for that stoneheir. changed from 2 to 3

16. [quote name='"Dynex77"']

Well while reading through this thread again it made me think about it as well. and i think i kinda use all 3. and i can even see myself in the situation when i would. so when the blunt is still full and and were making it, I would call it a crutch. Once it starts to burn to the end ill say, "watch out, its getting close to the filter". And then a roach for me would be when the remains are put out and its not burning anymore..to use another day.

wow, never really thought how i actually would use 2 different terms in one sesh[/quote]

Don't you mean three? :poke: :smoke:

17. Roll it into a tight spiral. Simple as that.

18. ehh, just as much as some people dont like crutches in there wraps, other people dont like the tight spiral or cone wraps