Best day of my life, NOT GUILTY

Discussion in 'General' started by kshock, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ok so basically this is the best day of my life, and my parents lives.

So back in march on my 18th birthday i threw a party at my house and had about 15-20 friends over just drinking and hanging out in the garage. I know this was dumb but my parents were upstairs asleep during all of this. So anyways around 12:30 the police raided my house as part of a new "Operation Party Crashers" taskforce set up just for busting high school parties. Since my parents were there they got charged with 4 counts of contributing to the delinquency of minors. anyways heres the news story.

"Henrico County's Party Crashers police patrol has sent drinking teens running for the hills. Yesterday, a March bust by the unit resulted in jail sentences for two parents.
    Retired Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judge William G. Boice issued a maximum one-year sentence on each of four charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor in the case, suspending all but one month on each charge. But the four-month active sentences against Gordon Hutson ______ and his wife, Lou Anne, amount to the toughest levied in the Party Crashers operation, which has resulted in more than 300 arrests since last fall. Most of the charges have been issued against juveniles for underage possession.William H. Parcell III, who represented Tiller, could not be reached last night. But Peter B. Baruch, who represented Lou Anne Tiller, said he and Parcell will file appeals, sending the cases to circuit court. When police raided the ____'s home in western Henrico in the 11800 block of Crown Prince Circle early Saturday morning March 24, they found a teenager passed out on the front lawn with two towels draped over his head. The ____'s were asleep. But, according to testimony yesterday, Gordon _____ acknowledged to police that his son's 18th birthday party that night would involve drinking. Three days after the arrests, the parent of one of the boys arrested said that she was unaware her son had been charged. ____'s son was not arrested because under Virginia law alcohol can be served to an underage person who is in the presence of his or her parents in the home, according to police. Teenagers 18 or older are usually released on summonses, and parents are not notified. Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Robert M. Wood prosecuted the case and asked for active jail time against the parents, both of whom pleaded not guilty. Gordon Tiller is a sales representative, according to arrest records. Lou Anne _____ is a homemaker. The couple remained free last night on $10,000 bond pending appeal.
    Police said in March that students at the party attended J.R. Tucker, Mills E. Godwin and Douglas S. Freeman high schools."

The news twisted the real story as they always do. They tried to pin the beer that was there on my parents, even though they did not provide it and were not charged with providing alcohol, the news stations were still saying they PROVIDED alcohol, when really all they did was sleep upstairs. My parents aren't bad people and don't deserve this kind of slander, shit, even in the neighborhood our neighbors stopped waving to us, parents would try to protect their kids from me whenever i would walk by them, even one kid was walking home from school when i was getting out of my car, stared me in the eyes, then ran as fast as he could home. pretty fucked up shit, we aren't bad people we just made a big mistake.

Anyways at their first court date they both received 4 months of jail time, they appealed and today was the court date.

After 7 months of my mom almost going insane, both my parents being put on anti-depressants, me not knowing whether my parents were going to be suffering in jail because of something I did...

so today was their appeal date and they got off with NO CHARGES.
    :hello::hello::hello:
    for a while there i was thinking there was no god

2. Thats stupid, what a waste of taxpayers money.

3. Good to hear something actually good happened in the legal system! (meaning your appeal worked)

half of the stuff i hear about they would have put your parents in jail anyway... The legal system blows everything out of proportion these days

4. Your entire town needs to burn to the ground if that is what they are wasting their time and money on.

5. Your parents went to jail for 4 months?

6. I'm so glad that the party patrol thing got canned. It was absolutely uconstitutional and relied on pitting neighbor against neighbor.

Congrats that you got off the hook and sorry you got this treatment because of this crappy idea.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, my friend's brother was over there. (or at least at a similarly sized party patrol busted event)

7. I'm so happy for your family.

Good to hear they got off with no charges.

8. no they both got sentanced to 4 months on the original court date, then they appealed so they were waiting for the next court date

9. a kid stared you in the eyes and then ran as fast he could home? hahahha that's too fucking hilarious

10. ha yeah now its pretty funny since all this over, but when it happened i was just likeeee

WTF MATE?

this is the happiest ive seen my parents in a long time, thanks everyone

11. Great news, congrats man.

12. Damn if i we're your parents and have to go through all that i would have been PISSED

Good lookin though Glad everything worked out :smoke:

13. wtf? your town sucks ass!!

fuck that shit dude ill drink when I fucking want

glad your parents are not guilty though

14. must be a huge relief man i'm really happy for you and your parents..you should buy them a gift or something or take them out to dinner

again man i'm real happy for you, i hate hearing about people losing htier houses and stupid shit like that becasue of technicalities

15. Party Crashers Taskforce? What will they think of next?

Glad that everything worked out for your parents. That is crazy that there was a news article about it and your parents name was dragged through the mud. WTF?

16. party crashers task force? that is fuckin ridiculous man! i feel bad for the under agers in your town. best of luck getting away with all sorts of shit. damn im still in disbelief.. congrats on the dropped charges though

17. How is sleeping contributing to delinquincy??? (that could be considered almost ANYTHING, as delinquincy is anything against the establishment. that could be an exertion of free speech even)

18. That's one of the stupidest policies I've ever heard. With that logic, someone could drive by, drop off some beer for a kid in the middle of the night, and the parents still get charged with distributing alcohol to a minor. What the fuck? Do the police expect parents to never sleep and to be with their kids 24 hours a day? If a kid wants to get drunk, he's gonna be able to get a hold of alcohol somehow. Just curious... how did the cops catch you in the first place? Was the party loud and the neighbors called? I'm glad they don't have that law here... my good friend's mom would probably be serving a life sentence for all the times she's let us get fucked up at her house.

19. Ok so this is what happened when they came, I was outside with 3-4 people not being loud or anything, just talking normally. The music inside wasnt that loud you could barely hear it right outside of my garage which is on the neighbors side that called. When the police came they came from all angles, 2 up the driveway, 2 up the other side of the house, one hopped our back fence. It was pretty messed up once they "crashed" it. They seperated the minors from the 18 year olds, wouldnt let anyone go to the bathroom at all, one girl was about to piss her pants until she just ran in, only to get yelled at buy a couple cops. One kid was in the living room hiding behind a couch that he moved completely out of place and the cops never found him, he was a room away and the cops supposedly secured the area. In all there were atleast 10 cops, maybe more i cant remember for sure

20. haha yea i saw this in the news. was it in short pump ? at least you aren't in the type of shit the 16 year old chick from Deep Run who killed some guy last new years drunk driving is in...