Best concert you've ever been to

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by CosmicSerpent, Oct 22, 2007.

1. So, what would you say is the best concert you've ever been to in your life? Or pick your top 5, whatever. My personal favorite was John Butler Trio at The Music Farm in Charleston. I was already a fan, but the show was incredible and made me like them even more. Their performance was perfect and full of energy.

Some other good ones I've been to are:
    Umphrey's McGee (4 times)
    Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (twice)
    Phil Lesh and Friends
    Keller Williams (3 times)
    Jurassic 5
    Coheed and Cambria

2. Last year I decided I wanted to see Air live (one of my favourite bands to chill to) but didnt really want to see them in England because I thought a British audience wouldnt be the best environment to see them in, so I travelled to Amsterdam to see them. Everything about it was amazing, the sound quality, the venue and the fact that there was no security or barriers at the front so I could take pictures from the very front of the stage...also I was brilliantly baked just to make the whole experience that bit better.

Mars Volta would also have to be up there.

3. any Wayne Krantz show.

4. 311 summer of 05

was the best atmosphere with the best company. one of my favorite weekends i remember.

5. best concert i have ever been to by far was at blackbaud stadium when i went to see string cheese incident.....it was magical....and i was tripping baallllllllllllllsssssssss

6. Either Against Me! and Blood Brothers like 4 years ago in a high school gym, or Cracktoberfest 3 years ago, or Global Gathering 06/07

7. Chemical Brothers
    Phil Lesh and Friends
    Les Claypool with Two Gallants
    RJD2
    Benevento Russo Duo

Chemical Brothers was awesome!!

8. summer jam 2006, 13 rows back dead center

9. John Butler Trio. He played in Glasgow a bit over a month ago. Fcking amazing set, was at the front. They all have such amazing skill. There a tons of vids of them on youtube, here are a couple from the gig I was at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYMlIhS12qY (Used To Get High; 1st song of teh night)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i73gjmEXMo (Treat Yo Mama; lapsteel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIl5BKJqtUc (Peaches & Cream; whole crowd was singing along. haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4jK5kOkkOI (Ocean; always incredible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xm_bJjp7tg (Drums; all 3 of em started playing together on the drums, lol)

10. CMR's Top 5 shows after my favorite.... (not in any order)

1) Keller Williams at the Acoustic Cafe in Bridgeport, CT (2001)
    2) Candiria at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT (2005)
    3) Widespread Panic at Bonnaroo (2005)
    4) The Allman Brothers at The Meadows in Hartford, CT (2003)
    5) Phil Lesh and Friends w/Bob Weir at Bonnaroo (2002)

My most favorite show I ever saw.....

moe at moe.down '04...(sept. 4th set)

11. i couldnt say. to date ive seen thousands and thousands of shows and of all music styles.

i am music.

bela flec and chris thyle at mtn stage was....also dave was w/warren and my ears rejoiced.

man im going to see jimi and dave tonight.

i worked/work the industry now. Nashville baby. i lived on tour buses. life is good.

the farm is a cool venue. they ever open that big ass venue between florence and myrtle beach?

12. 5 best concerts? Ok, no order:

Al Di Meola - 2006
    Symphony X - 2007
    Opeth/Dark Tranquillity - 2006
    Opeth/Nevermore - 2007
    Ozzfest (Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Mastodon, In Flames, etc) - 2005

13. 1. Tool in June. Saw them Last year too, but this year they were more powerful.

2. Serj Tankian. Man, everything was just perfect about this concert, venue, atmosphere, buddies, the music, the bass, it was amazing.

3. Mushroomhead. Pure energy man, had nothing but a few beers in me, but their music just gets me pumped.

14. well since ive only been to weird al and reggaefest
    im gonna have to go with reggaefest in delmar

15. Rock the Bells this past summer with RATM, Cypress, and WU-TANG!

[​IMG]

16. Nine Inch Nails , Ghostface Killah

17. the expendables and pepper this past saturday it was soo sweet n i was in front row n they said it was their best show on the whole tour!

REP THAT ILLADELPHIA

18. i gotta start w/ the concert that began a life full of shows, Cinderella opening for BonJovi's slippery when wet tour.

next would be... a tie between Disturbed opening for Godsmack & STP and warren haynes Xmas Jam #13 w/Blues Traveler.

to date, in this last grouping, i'd have to say one of the most memorable was Beale Street Festival w/ Default, Nickel Creek, B52's,& ZZ Top.

thing is of all the shows i've been to it'd be easier to list the rare bad ones.

19. slightly stoopid and g love at the crossroads was siiiick, so many people smoking, we were exchanging pipes/joints/blunts with strangers all night long. and then my friend got dehyrdrated and passed out and some dudes had to carry him lol.

20. Damn man I'm jealous. I wish Slightly Stoopid would hurry up and start a European tour.. that or I'm gonna have to just fly over to the US to see 'em..