Best Concert you have ever attended?

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by hockeyman07, Jun 5, 2009.

1. STS9 at the tabernacle in atl on new years. IT was truly amazing. If you are into instrumental music I highly recommend them. Great band they are top notch performers.

2. Take action tour 08'

Every Time I Die
    From First To Last
    The Bled
    August Burns Red
    The Human Abstract.

It was a nasty show.

3. I've seen some pretty intense concerts.. I'd have to say Radiohead in Hollywood, Dave Matthews at the Hollywood bowl, and pretty much any slightly stoopid show too (they are just the best band to get stoned and listen to).
    Blazed and Confused this summer is probably going to jump to the top of my list... its got Slightly Stoopid with Snoop dogg, and Stephen Marley. Also, Mickey avalon (kind of weird, but kind of trippy too)

[​IMG]

4. dude i cant wait for this show...will be the 4th time ive seen SS. Im in the pit at lrge venue for this concert nd i will at least be on acid (i wanna candyflip but i dont wanna have to go up and down the whole place to get more water)...this shit will be insne...but mickey avalon is a loser...ill be in the parking lot when hes playin lol....like all my friends are going too...t the end of the summer this will be my favorite all time concert i think

5. i was at the roger waters show in West Palm, one of my top 3 for sure

but Bob Weir and Ratdog take the cake for concert experience

6. Seeing my mates play a venue they outgrew years ago, and having as much fun as they did when they played their first show.
    Seeing Amon Amarth for the 3rd time (Twilight of the Thundergod tour).
    Paganfest 2009, or the recent Amebix tour. <33

7. alice in chains in kansas city in 1996. i was a freshmen in highschool, and it was one of laynes last live performances..

or nine inch nails/david bowie in omaha in 1996

8. slayer. undisputed attitude tour 96.
    they played at the odeon in cleveland. the place is small as fuck. the double bass just ripped threw your chest.:metal:

9. zombie, rob.

10. Iron Maiden on the Somewhere back in time tour in '07. Fucking incredible show.

11. Rush was great live. I was really surprised that Geddy Lee had the energy that he has. They played for hours and hours and hours man. Great show. Seen them in Virginia Beach outside at the Amphitheather kicking back on the grass, smoking a little grass and maybe sipping a little liquor I snuck in taped to the inside of my leg. ;) Neil Pert's drum solo went on for like 45 minutes, I shit you not.

Pantera with White Zombie.

Pantera with Anthrax.

Chili Peppers on Mother's Milk tour with Faith No More and Circus of Power when they were unknown.

Metallica And Justice For All Tour.

Metallica Black Album Tour.

Pennywise with The Offspring opening back before The Offspring got big.

Hank Williams Jr., 38 Special and The Marshall Tucker Band.

The Oak Ridge Boys.

Elton John is 100% amazing live. Anything live is good, but EJ is fucking spot on as my friends in the U.K. would say.:wave:

Actually saw The Jason Bonham Band, which was kinda neat. He's John Bonham from Led Zeppelin's son. He plays drums and doubles ala Phil Collins style as the lead singer, which is cool. They cover a lot of LZ songs mostly, but they sound really really good. Like if you close your eyes, and smoke a bunch of pot...it's almost like hearing the real thing.

There are some other shows (Toby Keith? Uugh...) that I won't mention but those are my fav's.

12. Keller Williams last weekend at Wanee Music Festival.

At the time, I was at my peak on 2 hits of Family Fluff and that K-Dub show was the best show I've seen yet. The acid could have played a small part in this, was a great trip :p

13. Kings of Leon........no doubt best concert

14. its a contest between Roger waters, Tool, Clapton/Robert Cray, and Buddy guy...all excellent shows :smoke: and i was baked for all of them

15. Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra Plays the Music of Led Zeppelin

I know--weird, right? I might pick something else on a different day as memories come back to me. I mean, I've seen The Pixies live, and was at the first Lalapaloosa, but this is the one that comes to mind when picturing myself wigging out with joy at a concert.

The orchestra was brilliant, and very true to the sounds and the vibes of all the songs I love. There was a very good rock band for some of the percussion, guitar, and vocals (He was pretty good. His reverence and enthusiasm made up for a lot. Plus, who the fuck can be Robert Plant? No one, that's who), plus a soloist with an electric violin.

It was like every sun-drenched, placid meadow and sweeping, icy wind and crackling thunderstorm I was in while listening to the albums whirled out and enveloped us all. You were IN Kashmir. You were a raindrop trickling down a windowpane on a warm spring day. You were seated behind and holding on for dear life to someone racing through a dark woods on horseback. No, I wasn't high. Not on weed, anyway.

Classically trained musicians are the shit.

16. Rage Against the Machine--Lollapalooza 2008 Anybody who was there will tell you that it was FUCKING INTENSE and they played the best setlist i could have asked for.

Buckethead/That One Guy, Bham-- I was front row center in a small ass venue leaning on the stage while Buckethead was shredding Soothsayer 2 feet from my face. Fucking awesome:hello:
    Tool, Atlanta-- My favorite band and was an awesome show

The Machine-- They are a Pink Floyd cover band and they are fucking legit. I saw them at the same venue that i saw Buckethead at and everything they played sounded amazing.

17. Tool, the one band I've always wanted to see but never have. :(

I read up there Buddy Guy and Robert Cray too? Damn, I bet that shit was amazing.

18. damn rage is one band i would love to see live...every show they have is intense.

19. Kurtis Blow

[​IMG]

Seriously, this guy still kicks ass on stage.

20. This is such a hard question!!! I'm a hardcore live music junkie :eek:

During so many shows I'm thinking HOLY SHIT BEST SHOW EVARRR

But then I look back and think ahead at all the awesome music that I've seen and know I will see and think there's no way I could pick a favourite show yet!

I can do a list of my favourite shows though probably
    (Most recent first)

- STS9 last Saturday :hello: seen them many times, but this was by far the best for me
    - Umphreys @ Harvest Fest

- Widespread: Bonnaroo '05/'07

- Madonna :D

- No Doubt