Best Concentrate Set-up for Me?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by freakp8ntbaler, Mar 24, 2012.

1. #1 freakp8ntbaler, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Ok so i've recently gotten into making BHO. I have a nice glass on glass bong with a 7 arm tree perc, hits like a beast and although i do use a glass wand, im really looking to get into the dabbing world.

What would be the least costly/best option for me? I know this probably comes down to preference but i am looking for any advice/experiences you have. I would be open to order online but i do have a good selection of oil accessories at my LHS. Considering im in NY i dont think that they get much action of that section so i might be able to get a good deal.

Attached is a picture of a bong that is the same as mine (left) except mine is a straight tube.

Attached Files:

2. i would go with a dome and nail

3. What ever you buy, make sure it's quality glass ;)

4. And a quality nail! Titanium tastes like shit!!! Have fun dabbin!!!!
    :smoke:

5. Well you could just get an adapter with dome/nail to use on that bong. Or you could buy a totally different rig. I suggest a different rig if the budget allows it.

6. #6 ignila, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    The most cost effective way you could get going would be a hot-hit slide. Its just a push slide but with several holes high on the walls (Illadelph makes them so you can see what they look like). You use a hot glass wand to vaporize your hash or oil. They cost about $20 for cheap ones and are good for a wide variety of hashes.

You could also try a birdhouse, although they tend to break from heating and cooling over and over. They are available for as little as $20 too.

All of your curves, domes and puddles are going to start at a higher price but if you are willing to spend the money they are all quite nice. (I'm a curve guy myself)

7. @Ignila-can you please post a pic of the hot hit slide?
    Thanks!
    DebbieDoes :)

8. #8 ignila, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    Left is what hot hit slides look like. Basically a push slide but with no hole in the bottom. There are usually multiple holes are up near the top of the bowl. You put your hash or oil into the bottom of the bowl and use a heated glass wand to vaporize it. As you draw through your glass, the vapor from the oil/hash gets pulled though the holes around the top of the bowl and into your piece. After many repeated uses you can expect to break your wand, but the bowls should last forever.

I hope that makes sense.

I'll also toss in another pic I stole from MTP glass's thread here on GC of a birdhouse (right). I have never used one so all of this is just here-say, but you heat that tab of glass and dab onto it so vapor gets pulled inside. Pretty basic, but if you have ever used glass nails or wands alot, you know they tend to break after you have used them for a long time (from rapid heating and cooling over and over). If you buy a cheap birdhouse or are not very careful with yours, they tend to get fragile with use.

Attached Files:

9. Thank you sir!!

10. Now that I have a bong, I can see what you all are talking about, almost!
    Thanks for the pictures, they help a lot!
    I've dabbed off a rig with a Ti nail (titanium tastes like shit!). I can see where the birdhouse would probably not last long.
    Now, I can start adding on!!
    Thanks again!!
    Debbie :)

11. #11 G13adsAMY, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    [quote name='"freakp8ntbaler"']Ok so i've recently gotten into making BHO. I have a nice glass on glass bong with a 7 arm tree perc, hits like a beast and although i do use a glass wand, im really looking to get into the dabbing world.

What would be the least costly/best option for me? I know this probably comes down to preference but i am looking for any advice/experiences you have. I would be open to order online but i do have a good selection of oil accessories at my LHS. Considering im in NY i dont think that they get much action of that section so i might be able to get a good deal.

Attached is a picture of a bong that is the same as mine (left) except mine is a straight tube.[/quote]

Sorry if this offends you. I have seen that pick before. Il go with ti nail and dome
    Edit- differant color illys the shot angle and placement is very simular.

12. #1 who ever said titanium tastes like shit is retarded.

#2 I'd suggest picking up an Eclipse essential vape. You can even get the version that attaches to your bong so it's super smooth.

I prefer that over my titanium skillet. Which has no flavor change for the record.

13. What is it with people constantly calling others names?
    I have an Essential Vape-and why I'm explaining anything to you?

14. Titanium all day every day. Curves or domes both work fine.