Best COB LED Recommendations

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Johnmon, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Hey Y'all,

I am adding a 10'x10' flower room in addition to my existing flower and veg rooms. I have 3200 watts of HPS in my other flower room but I am looking to go for something a little more cost efficient in the long run in regards to electricity. Does anyone have some great recommendations for a serious grow room. Willing to shell out some money but obviously would like to be cost effective. Have also been looking into 315 or 630w CMH's. Thoughts??? Reviews and links welcomed.

Thanks

2. For every 1000w 600w in cobs will replace hid from what i understand in umole/ppfd performance
    More cobs ran at lower Amps will be more efficient but will cost more initially

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Quantum Boards or check out Timber Grow Lights. If you dont mind a little DIY check out Cobkits. If you ask nice Cobkits might design the whole light(s) for you.

4. I initially spent $1100 for 640watts of cob... Running 8 cobs in total 1cobb/sq foot.

And hind sight is a bitch. That same money I spent would of got me 960watts worth of quantum boards. With a far better spread then the cobs.

The quantum board setup I'm talking about is three qb304's with a meanwell 480watt driver. I haven't tried it out yet but it's my next light build