Best climate for drying weed, what humidity?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Mrjyayo, Apr 20, 2020.

1. What’s the best way to hold some weight but lovely smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Microwave

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. I do a rough quick wet trim and then hang in the same space they grew but without the lights on and with enough space between buds that they aren't touching. I put a small oscillating fan on low and sitting the floor under the hanging herb. You don't want direct air on them but slow passive air. I try for 60RH and 60F, but in reality I'm only around 50-55RH, sometimes 60RH at the beginning, and 64 - 70F. TBH that range still works great and doesn't take as long as a more intense cure environment would. I do that quick wet trim so they only take about 5-7 days to dry and be smokeable and ready to put in jars to fine tune the rest of the moisture content. I use half gallon jars and fill somewhere between 3/4 - 4/5 full. I will crack the lid for hours (depending on how wet it was), with such a large mass inside (half gallon jars) the moisture fluctuations are less dramatic and its easier to get a more uniform product and buffers your technique a bit. It's hard to really tell just how dry your herb is when its hanging but I like to wait till stems just start to snap and the outside of the buds are "crunchy." As soon as the buds are cut from the stem and jarred their water reserve in the stem is gone so youre now the final regulator of water content it has. Imo the hang gets it about 80% dry and complete while the jars slow down the last 20% for better finishing control and accuracy ect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Thanks foe giving him an answer, I was too busy being a smart ass.
    I jumped to half gallon and gallon jars a while ago only due to volume. Still trying to find a way to cure without needing jars..
    Very nice reply though, good info for anyone, even those who are aware of getting a good dry and cure.

MrJyayo, sorry for my microwave comment, I figured someone would get you a solid answer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol its 420 I figured you were just being funny :)

Ya my partners use tubs, swear by em, but I just like the jars. I've only found half gallon size, I'll have to look for the big 1 gallons. Somehow I lose em, lol, I have to buy new ones all the time. Maybe 1 gal jars wold be harder to lose ect lol.

6. Thankyou for giving my ur answering and I will use my skills to dry to your standard pal cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1