Best "classical" metal-band...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Zylark, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Iron Maiden rocks. Run to the Hills is a great song. Also ya gotta love AC/DC.

2. dude i love maiden very much too, but Dream Theater far surpasses them in the time change department. :)

3. yep.. seen maiden in 99' and seen DT this past August..

of course Maiden was totally awsome like i imagined

but DT was just fucking spectacular. i love technical shit... oh and Joe Satriani opened for them and he was fucking amazing as well :)

4. Is it possible for me to rename this thread to "Iron Maiden Rocks!!!"

:)

5. i don't understand how one can not love the songs of iron maiden, seriously. it is musicly light years past most any classic rock band, altho i know some of that 70s rock is kick-ass. thank god they keep cranking out albums, there isn't much left nowadays in the NEW dept that i like its all hip hop and new rock is a joke, sum 41 is the only new band out i care to hear at all.

Attached Files:

6. Thats wild- I havn't heard of those bands!! I'm out of touch w/ new bands. I did however listen to Venom, King Diamond/Merciful Fate, Destruction(German band) Posessed.

7. dude you heard of Children of Bodom?...if not, check em out...i think you might dig them... they do a cover of Aces High and although i dont care for dudes voice too much...they rock!

also get the songs "Black Widow" and "Children of Bodom"

oh and these dudes are like in their early 20's and are great musicians