Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Cannabis Strain for Anxiety

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SineDieDCLXVI, Apr 25, 2010.

1. #1 SineDieDCLXVI, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
    Okay, so I've searched Google a million times and nothing came up for my specific question.

The story is, I have anxiety and Bipolar disorder... sometimes I have bad experiences and most of the time good ones.
    Mainly because of my anxiety.

The type of "high" that I get is like a falling feeling, as in I feel like I'm falling. When I have good experiences, it's because I'm going with the fall and enjoying the floating sensation. When I have bad ones, its because I'm falling too fast and my anxiety makes me freak out and want to stop falling... basically, "turning the high off".

The question is, why exactly do I have these "attacks" when I'm high?
    And also, what strain of marijuana is best for not having them?

I have read around and gathered that Indicas are better, but also read that Sativas are better.
    If I could find a strain that's best for me, then I'll buy some seeds from a bank.
    Most places say a heavy Indica like Northern Lights.

If I don't make sense in any of my post, it's because I'm baked :smoking:
    Also, I'm on Zoloft and Depakote.

Also, Also, I'm a super lightweight... one hit of mids gets me high and two makes me stoned.

2. Breathe deeply, relax, lean back in your chair. Remind yourself that this is all natural, it won't hurt you.

Some people say the creeper buzz overwhelms them when it hits, thus causing these panic attacks.

3. The creeper buzz?

4. Yes, when the actual high kicks in. People call it the creeper buzz.

5. The actual High?

hahaha :D

6. Creeper is a buzz that takes a while to kick into it's full potential

I use creeper like an adjective. i.e.
    "That weed was hella creeper!"
    "Cartman, stop saying hella you fag"

7. #7 whiskey, Apr 25, 2010
    I think a nice hybrid that's more indica dominate would be nice for you. It would give you more a calm, body high instead of a high that is mainly in your head.

I know that I personally have a hard time letting go of feelings of control and when I first started smoking every day, I spent most of my time fighting the high. Once I stopped doing that my experiences were much more pleasant.

A really good hybrid strain I like is LA Confidential, it's nice and mood enhancing. White Widow and Blueberry are also good strains.

I would further recommend you focus on strains that are euphoric, typically a nice sativa like Pineapple has really been uplifting for me, Grapefruit, and Super Silver Haze is a really nice sativa as well. Further I would recommend avoiding sativas that are racy in their high.

8. #8 SineDieDCLXVI, Apr 25, 2010
    So I should buy both Indica and Sativa?
    I have noticed Sour D made me fucked up and little anxiety where as G13 (x) Kush was the best one I have smoked.

Wow, I had two hits off some dank. Only two hits.
    Now I'm hearing a baby crying but there's nowhere it could be coming from.

9. I would try to get a good hybrid, or a nice balanced sativa. I think that sativas are really highly medicinal especially when it comes to mood disorders, BUT I think if you're having anxiety when you smoke you should start with something that's more balanced between a mind/body high than something that is a total body high or total head high.

I just saw you editted your first post and said that you're a super lightweight, you may be smoking too much for your tolerance, try taking one small hit, waiting a few minutes and seeing how you feel. Only smoke enough to get you high - don't over do it until you're comfortable with the feelings of being high.

10. I laughed when I saw the title. Lol, thought you wanted to find a strain that creates the most anxiety, so you can smoke it.

11. I would say a heavy indica. Northern Lights is a good one. I don't know if they're indicas or not but I'll list the buds I got that had very little anxiety:

-Jack Herer (Very mellow, relaxed, overwhelming feelings of happiness. I remember zero anxiety)

-Sour Diesel (Very heavy, relaxing high. Makes me happy but very disoriented and slow)

-AK 47 (somewhat paranoid, but not huge)

-Critical Haze (one of my favorite strains)

-OG Kush (sativa feeling high but definitely no paranoia whatsoever)

12. Its named after a gun...of course it has to make you a little paranoid.:cool:

13. Alright... well I've decided to order a good Sativa strain, a good Indica strain and then a mixture of the two.
    This will better help to determine which plant best suits me.

14. I have anxiety too. There's nothing better than closing your eyes and taking a deep breathe. My friend taught me a trick where you breathe in for 4 seconds, hold your breathe for 4 seconds and then exhale for 8 seconds. Seems to help me relax even when I'm not high.