Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best California City For Chronic Pain Sufferer?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MJRay, Jun 25, 2014.

1. #1 MJRay, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Hello,
    Moving to California, buy  small Condo out there. Any advice, tips, suggestions, etc. Just looking for a place on the west coast to chill, meet new friends, have fun, etc.

I like the vibe of NorCal but never been up there.

Retired and financially good. 

Thanks

2. #2 Monkey55, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
    This can be different for everyone. I live on the OC/LA border. There are so many people with so many personalities and "issues" living near a big city will make it easier to find like minded people.

One of the reasons I like SoCal is the weather. I would not like to live up North , where it's cold.

I do not think I would ever live North of LA. I really like San Diego and Carlsbad., but I also like some areas up north.

You really should take a lot of vacations here because the environment can drastically change in just a few miles. Some people like the urban lifstyle and others like the suburbs.

So, it really depends on what you want.

I know this was probably not what you were looking for. However, I hope it helps.

There are a lot of dispensaries in LA and Santa Ana.

Oh yeah, LA traffic sucks. It can take 1.5 hours just to drive 30 miles.

E

3. #3 scrambledegg81, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    Pretty much anything within a 30-mile drive of the coast is gonna cost you. Unfortunately, the further inland you go, the more conservative (and, hence, the more restrictive on cannabis access) you get. Riverside co. is definitely a no-no, considering they've banned dispensaries AND delivery services outright, and here in San Luis Obispo county, there's a fairly strict ban on dispensaries, although delivery services are allowed.

4. I'm from slo county like the poster above & The central coast is beautiful!! Right in between LA & frisco, great weed, great quality of life, no big city traffic & bs, not gang infested & beautiful beaches.. Just a little bit pricier but you'll def see why

5. Hell yea carlsbad is the place to be...although cops fuck card holders over in the "barrio" (def not a barrio like other places) which is BS.

6. Carlsbad is great if you have the $. I lived on La Costa Ave. for a few years, and although it was seriously pricey, it was a great place to live. Cannabis-wise, though, I can't say for sure what the atmosphere is like since I moved away before the crackdown in 2010-2012.

7. Oh yeah, LA traffic sucks. It can take 1.5 hours just to drive 30 miles.

This prett much sums up so cal. Great to visit never to live. Come up north you won't be disappointed.
    An 1.5 half drive and you are at the ocean or the Tahoe or the big city or the middle of no where.
    And our weed is so much cheaper and more abundant.

8. That's actually really close to my childhood home and police weren't too tough on me as a kid. I could be high as a kite around them and they wouldn't go out of their way to fuck with me. Encinitas sheriffs, on the other hand, will fuck with you. Be prepared. As far as dispensaries/ delivery services go, there were a lot of them within a 10 or 15 minute drive and street weed is everywhere. That goes for the entire San Diego county. 

9. #9 MJRay, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014

10. #10 MJRay, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014

11. Is weed up in NorCal still that much cheaper? Granted I havent lived up there for a while but from what I remeber Basically $10 a G for the bomb stuff. Here in LA its come down to $15 a G for bomb(at most places).

If your going NorCal I would say Humboldt coast like Trinidad. If you want more of a city life then somewhere coastal in San Diego or Santa Barbra.

Santa Barbra would prob be your best bet as you get the best of everything SoCal has to offer without all the traffic and big city crap.

12. Location but for the most part fuck yeah. Way cheaper.
    We grow thousands and thousands of lb killer od and green house. If you know the growers you can get lbs for 800 bucks. And that is the fire straight out if the mountains of the golden triangle.
    Now if you drive to sf you will still be paying 40-60 8th
    250-350oz.

13. I lived in Arcata back in the day. I remember around harvest time ppl would walk around with back packs full of herb and hash.

14. Good times.

15. The SFV or San Fernando Valley has very good weed if you're close. Prepare for lots of traffic lol.

If you have some spare time check out Venice beach, such a cool place.

16. Are you more interested in growing your own or quality dispensaries. NorCal is chiller for grows from what I've heard, but I can say from experience that SoCal has much more and better quality dispensaries, and you can find way better prices here (25-30 dollar 8ths of top shelf in the right places).

17. Since you're not set on anywhere particular in CA, I'd suggest a different state. 

18. #18 MJRay, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks Everyone!
    To be clear I have chronic pain and am a Florida Resident but it's gonna be at lest 3 years before I can walk in to a local Pot Shop and buy MM. I will keep my Florida home and buy a 2nd home, like a small Condo in CA or CO. I'm leaning toward CA because I lived some years in the SFV = San Fernando Valley-late 80s. But I recently went back to the SGV and today the SFV is over-crowded, bad traffic, immigrants, rude people, etc. I want to be able to walk in a local Store and by high grade MM. Make note, I have zero experience growing MM so maybe later down the line I will try that if it's legal and I have the space. I prefer to live in relaxed area outside the major cities. Near the beach or in the desert around adults. I don't like to be around kids or college kids. I am early 50s, divorced, no kids, self made, retired. I am financially secure and will not be a burden to society. My hobbies are gym, walking, yoga, swimming, old school BMX, muscle cars, 4x4s, beach, helping animals. I have 3 buddies in CA and none in CO. South Orange County, Sacramento and Navato. I like warm weather. My budget is $500k for a small Condo. Again, I am 100% self made and financially secure. Thanks again to all of you because your experience is huge and any comments, feedback, etc is very much appreciated.

Thank you again everyone.

19. Check weed maps, they show dispensaries, doctors and delivery services ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404874383.208751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. FOLKS: Imagine you were me and had very few contacts in CA, where would you hang your hat, or live?