Best book-to-movie?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by MyHeadHurts, May 13, 2015.

1. #1 MyHeadHurts, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    What's one of your favorite books that played out so well when created into a movie?

I'd have to go with LOTR. The battle scenes, music, scenery all flowed together near perfectly.

Also, A Series of Unfortunate Events was kind of fun watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fight Club was a great book and the movie was almost word for word the book.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Like Water for Chocolate

4. I say The Perks of Being a Wallflower - because the author got to write, direct, and cast the movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lord of the rings (all three) the hobbit (all three).

6. It's Kind of a Funny Story
    The Princess Bride. Seriously, read the book. It's so great.
    Don't know if I agree with LOTR and and The Hobbit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the movies. They're cinematic treasures, but great movie doesn't always mean great adaptation. Having read the books there are some key plot points left out of the films. And some totally unnecessary new ones added (looking at you, Tauriel).
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Trainspotting

8. The Martian:
    Shawshank Redemption
    Gone Girl
    The Shining

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Stand By Me

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm gonna say LOTR - the extended versions.

I found the extended versions nicely filled in a lot of the gaps that the theatrical version left out.

Martian was great. The only 2 things I recall different was the Ironman BS at the end and them leaving out the Chinese astronaut blackmail for obvious reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fried Green Tomatoes. The Hours.

12. Fear and loathing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jurassic park

• Like Like x 1
  14. Book was better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I Agree, a little different. Michael chricton books were good though, i really liked the sphere, that movie sucked sweaty balls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. #16 astrohammer, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Magicians
    Fuck it's not a movie.

17. Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

18. i'd say gone girl or forest gump

19. For me it is To Kill a Mockingbird. That's just a masterpiece that I love sooooo much
    You should watch/read it if you don't by that time
    Funny thing my teacher gave this topic to me to write an essay review
    I had much fun!)

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. I’m reading Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. The story is described so realistically that it seems to you that you are also now in Australia and watching the events. Every story of the main characters touches the soul and you are sincerely worried about them. It is an engaging story filled with murder and mystery. The idea is very interesting. On the first page you will find out that the murder happened. But throughout the story, you have no idea who is the victim. At the same time, the genre cannot be called a detective story. A fascinating book about relationships.