Best Bong for the buck

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by McPuffin35, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Been smoking for awhile now and it became time to sell my old bong after some great years of use.  I'm familiar with very many of todays brand name scientific glass as well as perculators however I'm not sure how they all pull obviously as unfortunately I can't hit them all at once.  I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to drag which is I guess why I'm posting this, my friend had a 400 dollar Hi Si with double bell percs and while it looked cool I absolutely hated the drag as it felt like you had to try and pull the life out of it to get it through the water.  Obviously thats an example of what Im most certainly not looking for, I prefer a bong where you can feel like you're getting ahold of the smoke so to speak and don't feel like you're ripping a bong with no water in it, so often people label that as "smooth" which is simply not the case.  Don't have many other preferences other than what I said above and i'm pretty open to all designs, my budget is $400 or less.  Trying to get the best grip on todays market to get a bong I can enjoy.

2. You should really just go to your LHS and buy any type of bong with a downsteam  and an ice pinch.  Then buy a nicer type of ash catcher to go with it and you'll be set.  In my collection I have a 16" RooR with ice pinch with a 32 perculater disc ash catcher attachment for it.

3. There are alot of nice percs out there now with minimal drag. For instance my syn double showerhead clears as soon as you pull the slide. There are many others. Just watch some milk vids and see what you think you'd like.

4. Check out the up line it think it's called from American glass fr brotherwithglass. It's 85 for a gridded stemline which is a steal IMO.

5. I got a really nice little like 10inch bong with slitted downstem, 5percs and icepinches for 85$..its tough too :p iv dropped it a few times..its toke glassSent from my GT-S5660M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I had a liquid-sci straight tube with the double jacuzzi perc and it was quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever had the pleasure of smokingMy friend broke it though :'(

7. Illadelph straight tubes, stupid flow, i feel like im smoking a dry pipe when it comes to drag on these tubes

8. #8 worlddomnit, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    Go for a roor with a shower head. Sick piece. The best bongs for the money are around 300 $. If you don't want drag a roor with a tree arm would be the best. Straight tube illadelphs are 220 $ here, and nice as shit.Hisci is a great brand. You can get a double turbine for 300$.I just got a simba with a frit for 300.Honestly, roor makes incredible shit and I highly recommend anything they have.One of my friends had a SYN with the double shower head and it wasn't very nice. My other friend's Mobius 65T with the stereo matrix is much better and is around the same price.If you want a Mobius PM me and I'll show you where to get them online for cheaper than aqualab

9. Everyone is going to have their own opinions. And in this case... like assholes, we all have them... BUT they don't necessarily stink. However, there really isn't an answer to your question. You say you've got $400 to spend? I could buy any piece I currently own and have money left over. Granted, some of the higher priced items, I got significant discounts on and one was a gift... But the point is, there's lots of choices.

Don't get stuck on the names either. There's a lot of really good glass out there, that you've never heard of. Facebook and Instagram are awesome sources to expose yourself to a lot of HQ glass and some absolute steals.

At this moment in time, for $400... I'd have something made for me.

10. you know, the pieces i make are really.smooth to pull. pick a bottle or select one, customize your smoking experience! message me for details and.pix

The OP inquires in the 400$ range with reference to Hi-si so you refer him to a 40 ounce bottle you drilled a hole  and put a bowl in?? 

teh fuck?

12. yes. yes i did.  Just because theres money to throw around doesnt negate the quality of custom hand made piece.

13. #13 gbt34, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013

You don't hand make anything..... you drill a hole in an old liquor bottle. Something people have been doing since the 60's

Also, just curious. What's custom about it??? where you drill the hole? neato!

Generally you would try and keep replies similar to the original topic, or even a latter post in said topic.

Likeeeeeeeeeeeee would you go into a post about Ferrari telling them to get a honda? Ijs

14. yea.  glad you have enough time to invalidate and judge others. 

so im guna go sell another one of my neato pieces now. 

haters gona hate.

yay for holiday cheer!

15. #15 gbt34, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013

Well its fact.... sorry that you were validated by a falsehood. But you're not really doing anything new, inventive or even remotely creative

There is literally a tutorial of how to do this on grasscity, so at that point your trying to charge for something that another member was so nice to come here and share the information on FOR FREE. Gee how nice of you

So yay for letting your creativity flow... 

Maybe you could decorate them??? Stack smaller bottles inside for percs? Something new bro. If i was forced to guess i would say you're really young and not aware that everyone knows about these type of things.

16. If she's making her own bongs, props to her. what do you care man? Ease up on her she never said her shit was roor quality. The guys looking for a bong with good airflow. Girl was just trying to help/make a buck and you start bashing her for no reason, let her do her thing and chill. @[member="gbt34"] and @[member="jellie320"] sorry but I'm pretty sure its against forum policy to advertise your merchandise or services here. Could be wrong thoughSent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #17 BongRips247, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    [quote name="jellie320" post="19174021" timestamp="1387221067"]you know, the pieces i make are really.smooth to pull. pick a bottle or select one, customize your smoking experience! message me for details and.pix[/quote]Yea get outta here with that, OP is looking for high quality glass not something he could do himself. Anyway OP, for 400$ you should look into sovereignty glass, möbius glass, stone glass works for nice tubes for 400$ or less or leisure glass if you are looking for a really nice bubbler all can be found on aqua lab DO NOT GO HI-SI FOR 400$ your boy got ripped.

18. Good for you, plenty of people like acrylic bongs or pipes made from repurposed liquor bottles.  The point is that that's your advice to someone with real money to spend, not some 17-year-old who can't even get in a head shop.

They're not making fun of your incredible bong making skills, they were mocking your inability to post on topic (which happened to be about your trash treasures).

@OP: If you want a quality piece of glass to kick your ass, look at a Sovereignty downgrid stemline.
    People seem to agree that up gives an airier hit.  You'll be able to taste your delicious herbs, and depending on your lung capacity there are multiple sizes to choose from.  More gridded holes/slits means more diffusion and an airier hit as well, so there's a couple factors to balance.  You should be able to find in the 350 range (though I saw someone selling one on a fb group this week for 250).

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387586826.835606.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387586862.115422.jpg

Looove my illy

20. If you have the money go to your local lhs if you dont have too much too spend you can find good deals online.