Best bong for 300?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by johnkraemer3, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Looking for the best bong POSSIBLE With at most $300.any suggestions? This is the one I've been thinking about getting.or would a one perc bong with an inline perc ash catcher be better? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436633511.346732.jpg

2. Can't fix stupid I guess

3. It all comes down to personal preference. I personally don't like pieces with multiple percs, I would go with something more functional like a stemless to showerhead or something.

4. Why does every person want multiple tree percs?? They are. Outdated, break easy, and are draggy.

5. My point exactly

6. #6 helloeveryone420, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    Find a nice thick 18" classic down stem beaker /w ice catch. that's what I'd do. Aesthetically I like the 18.8mm>14.5mm down stems so the down stem and bowl doesn't poke way out. $100-$150
    1.jpg

or if you want percs, find a stemless with a honeycomb and a showerhead. Honeycombs and shower heads have the least drag. Any more than two percs and that you're going to start getting a good amount of drag. Plus in this case, you'll still have the option of adding an ash catcher if you want one more perc later. 2 percs sounds perfect and I wouldn't want more than 3 (including ash catch). I like the ice option too because why not? This one even has water reservoir for melted ice, so it doesn't fuck up your water levels. $300
    2.jpg

Also I wouldn't get the one you suggested because two tier bongs have that middle chamber that is going to be hard to empty/clean since it's trapped between percs.

That's my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. If you walk into a good head shop with that budget you should be able to get a great quality piece that you can feel in your hands before you buy it. That's my real advice.

8. Like this one? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436677006.844584.jpg

9. Buy 3 packs of papers for 3$ and smoke 300 joints

10. Oh for real helloeveryone420? Lol so I'm getting closer. I have narrowed it down to TWO choices. This one...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436715228.534073.jpg
    Roor straight tube with ice notches and one of these inline perc ash catchers...good because it's a ROOR then u have the three Percolators in the ash catcher..little more expensive but would be a good quality piece.not a ton of drag and would be easy to clear
    Or number two...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436715289.377901.jpg
    I really want an ash catcher to keep my piece clean.i guess I could get a standard dry one for this piece.i don't want to add another perc and add drag...
    Or something like this ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436715348.891147.jpg

What do u think

Attached Files:

11. Buy a Roor bong. I heard they are the best. As for me, $2 pack of zig zags and $298 worth of weed would do me just fine thank you.

12. #13 helloeveryone420, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
    For the roor, what you're getting for the extra money is the brand name and artwork quality seams. Also I think I remember someone saying they use better quality glass, so that 5mm thickness should be stronger than the average 5mm thickness. Functionality wise though, they're identical to a $100-$150 piece.

For the other ones the only difference I see is the single vs double vs triple showerhead. The triple will help when your dragging hard, so you won't get a big bubble coming out from underneath the showerhead. Also I noticed that the last one does not have the water reservoir for melted ice.

The rest is aesthetics, so it's completely up to your preference. Personally when I think of the traditional bong I think beaker. And I'm not a fan of ash catchers on traditional ones either. I like the simplicity and the traditional idea.

...and for percs I like straight tubes and stemless. I think stemless looks more scientific. I like the way completely straight tubes too; I don't like when the tube gets wider and narrower. That's just my preferences, it's completely up to you.

Alright my ramble is over. Later.

13. #14 helloeveryone420, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
    Oops looks like I was wrong about the showerhead logic. It looks like showerheads are sealed at the bottom and the only openings for smoke are the actual showerhead holes. ...but none the less, more showerheads are better because they will make clearing it easier. More showerheads holes = more potential airflow = less drag when you're clearing really fast. Deuces!

14. I would consider looking into something make by Burner Glassworks or Honey Supply Glass, both of these companies are less known compared to companies like ROOR and Illadelph, but I guarantee they make pieces that are just as quality as those two companies. You will be pleasantly surprised to see some really nice pieces by both of these brands that are very under priced.

15. All i got to say is dhgate.com