Best bang for buck.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Mr.Wiggles, Apr 14, 2009.

1. I'm definitely on a budget here...college student...still living at home. I'm looking to invest in a good quality bong that also happens to be on the cheaper side financially. Don't get me confused for wanting some piece of shit, I still want quality for sure. So far I'm not 100% on which I want to buy...when I start to factor in finances.

Looking at either the Roor Lil sister with ice catcher red 3.2 or the molino mad scientist or G-spot classic ice cylinder bong black label 3.5. Now I have already read plenty of mixed reviews on the mad scientist...that it is cheap..the glass is too think etc. However, I'm wondering on the quality of G-spot bongs. I'm looking for a good smooth hit, from a basic bong, preferably with an ice catcher. I'd invest in a difuser and ash catcher later on, I'm just looking for a basic unit right now. How would you say the Gspot classic ice catcher straight tube compares to the red label lil sister with ice catcher? As far as smoothness, durability etc. From what I can see they are basically the same glass thickness...and the g-spot is about 50$ less? Any input from you guys would be great, as I'm a newb. Thanks a lot guys.

2. I didnt read you're whole post, because im lazy, but instead of buying a name brand, go to your local head shop and look. You can get some very good quality bongs for cheap, that are also art peices. Just because it dosent have a RooR sticker on the tube, dosent mean its not a champ.

3. Truth, but this forum worships brand names and you'd have a bigger e-dick if you did invest in one, your call.

4. if you're on a budget, don't go name brand. hit up the shops and get something locally blown.

5. Based on your post, I'm guessing that you're looking at EDIT. If thats the case, the best Bang for buck for sure are the Ehles. I've never used one, but I hear nothing but great reviews, and they're SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive on there than the ROOR stuff. If I'm mistaken and you're looking at a local shop, then yeah, locally blown no-name glass can be good, but make sure to examine the piece before you buy it because they can vary a lot.

6. Locally blown stuff is the best, screw those name brands.

7. The local shop around here...they are ridiculously overpriced. And there isn't another one around for about 2 hours away. The lil sister isn't that pricey, like 150$ and the G-spot I mentioned is like 90$. They had all no name stuff at the local shop for like 150$ and up...

8. I went to my local headshop last september and had $100. They had a few nice glass bongs in that price range but i started looking at acrylic bongs and i found a 18 inch blue bubble acrlyic bong for $22 with a PULL OUT SLIDE which was a must have for me. Since the slide was metal and two pieces i can take it apart and clean it. I could also buy other bowls that could be screwed on. So i could pack up a couple bowls and just switch bowl pieces. I still have it and it works perfectly. its unbreakable and somewhat portable and if its found you only lose $22 not the 100 you would've spent on a glass bong.

9. who buys a bong to impress people on an online smoking site?

To the op, if your on a budget i would most definitely check out your local head shops and find a piece buy a piece made by a local artist. Don't read into brand names too much ya know.

10. I just bought a glass on glass locally blown tube with a 3d shroom and a huge marble with pepe le pews stoned face in it.I got it for $98 with a phat slide at a local shop.Locally blowns usually nice and one of a kind.:bongin:

11. Does anyone know anything about the ehle 3.2mm? The one with the ball shaped base? With ice catcher? It's about 80$...

12. #12 ModderXtr, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    Sarcasm: 1
    You: 0

Now, your thread is titled best bang for the buck. Glass is definitely worth the initial investment. Id rather spend 100 on a glass bong than 20 on an acrylic one.

If you have the money by all means get a glass bong. You won't regret it. Craigslist sometimes has people selling theirs, search "water pipe"

13. bought my zob with a four arm perc, ice catcher roor a/c for 250 and it rips amazingly supposidly ZOB is three people from roor who quit....sorry if my post makes no sense im super high

14. Lol..it makes sense. Zob? I'll look that up thanks man.

15. Throw out the idea of the molino. It's not bad but it's also nothing special. I'd pick the RooR Little Sista before I'd pick the Mad Scientist. But look into it, go to the head shop and see what's on the rack.

16. Yea man, I've pretty much tossed the idea of the molino. It's either the roor little sista with ice catcher, or an EHLE ball base with ice catcher, or a 500ml ehle.

17. #17 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    If your willing to pay for it get a real quality name brand tube that's really thick, if you can't go to a store. Then you can get a cheap Roor, an Ehle, maybe US tubes if you want something to last forever. If your gonna spend at least 100 bucks then are lots of no name stuff but be careful of sketchy sites.
    Edit: get the straight ehle

18. i have an 11" gong with a dome perc and ice notches, not the best quality but it was only 56 dollars ( with s&h) and it rips like crazy, if your a college student like me and need something that hits very well and is affordable, that would do the job very well, and its very easy to hide. PM me for a link

19. ZOB isnt 3 people from RooR who quit, as far as I've read. Their newer tubes are good, their older ones suck. Best bang for your buck is EHLE or US Tubes. Guaranteed quality with a low price tag.

20. If you can manage to round up 200 I would highly reccomend getting a lux mini. They're great daily smokers.