Best band to trip out to

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by GreenLeaf, Nov 10, 2002.

?

Whats your choice of stoned tunes?

1. Tool

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Led Zepplin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A Perfect Circle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Grateful Dead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sublime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Smashing pumpkins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Moe by far they are the best.
    phish
    dead
    pink floyd
    Rage against the machine
    metallica old school of course
    jimi hendrix
    bob marley
    tool
    widespread panic
    eccustic hookah
    stringcheese inccident
    strangefolk

2. Definitely - PRIMUS - without a doubt.

3. Here's another vote for Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon. The whole Album! The only problem I have with it is that I may listen to it too much.

4. System of a Down, The music is so powerful

5. the first time i tripped on shrooms my friend started blasting slayey, it was very good music to trip out to

6. PINK FLOYD, hands down best stoner band ever. PEACE!

7. Dave matthews band
    phish
    Pink Floyd
    Jefferson airplane (listened to their 'the worst of' for the entire duration of my first-ever shroom trip (which was also my first trip, period))
    sublime
    RHCP
    Brand New
    Porcupine Tree
    Radiohead
    counting crows
    Phil Collins
    Pearl Jam
    Snoop Dogg
    ... and the list goes on

8. some of you guys listen to some angry music that i dont think i could handle while trippin. slayer? SOAD? that just doesnt sound like a good trip to me.

by the way, the correct answer is the Grateful Dead

9. YES!!!! god tool is amazing, and maynard is just... the most talented man alive in my opinion! there is nothing like being high and listening to tool. APC is wonderful too, mostly because of maynard (by 'mostly' i mean soley because of...) =). WOOT hahaha... damnit.. i want to SMOKE!

10. I dunno about a list right now, all i know is im listenin to some beatles right now, ive listened to a lot so far tonight but right now im listenin to beatles, and im too high to type anymore...

11. who's a big fan of O.A.R. in here?

12. Can any of you tool fans let me know which albums you would consider the best?

13. incubus and modest mouse are my favorite bands to trip out to, i love the long strange guitar solos of incubus and the crazy shit you hear in modest mouse

14. out of those i chose tool cuz lateralus is so fuckin' trippy even unblazified.. led zeppelin is from the psychedelic era but isn't psychedelic, except maybe for "no quarter" and some cool beats from bonham but that's it.. and besides, tool has the fuckin' wickedest music videos!

15. out of the ones you mentioned, Pink Floyd

but...the best band ever THE BEATLES, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (long title, i know) is the trippiest/best album I have ever heard. ever.

totally the best ever

16. the mars volta, coheed and cambria, and a little dub band called de facto will fuck your skull

17. King Crimson "Larks tongue in aspic"
    All Day :smoke:

18. The Animal Collective
    I can't drive when I play this song
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF2Galu9Rsw]YouTube - Animal Collective - Daily Routine (Hills can Sea)[/ame]

19. #39 Footshroom2, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    My trippy bands and albums are-

Astra- the Weirding

Pink Floyd- all of their albums are awesome but my favorite to trip to would definitely be piper at the gates of dawn

The Dead - Aoxomoxoa is fantastic

My Sleeping Karma- the Intention EP

Gong- 2032

and lastly although extremely obscure and mind fuckingly strange, the 1969 band Cromagnon and their only album Orgasm [or also re-released as "cave rock"] is the most scary, spiritual, and incredible album to listen to while tripping balls. But i warn you to listen to it before you trip, because i wouldn't be surprised if could actually fuck someones mind up.

20. Got a big list but been searching for a long time for great trippy music. Here is my list.
    The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed, In Search of the Lost Chord
    Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Atom Heart Mother, and basically all their stuff before Dark Side of the Moon.
    King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson
    The Beatles - Revolver, Sgt Pepper, and Magical Mystery Tour
    Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesty
    The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
    Love - Forever Changes
    The Pretty Things - SF Sorrow
    Porcupine Tree - Up the Downstair, The Sky Moves Sideways
    Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, A Salty Dog
    Radiohead - The Bends, OK Computer
    Scorpions - In Trance, Taken By Force
    Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear
    Aphrodite's Child - Complete Collection