Best and worst of the decade 2000-2010

Discussion in 'General' started by masterfuol7, Dec 16, 2009.

1. It's pretty obvious that the best part of this decade was the snuggie.

[​IMG]

and the worst part was Billy Mays dying :(

2. Snuggies are a waste of money.

Sweater + blanket = snuggie.

3. autotune is alright lil wayne got a new autotune tape with beats from twista, jay z, and dorrough its the same old beats but some of his dopest verses are on there. damn evrybody on here hate wayne,i can smell the flames a comin:eek:

4. i really dont know how anyone can respect lil wayne...like seriously come on...and hes mainstream which doenst help him at all...mainstream music is so shitty (especially mainstream rap, no offense, i like some rap but like all ofther mainstream music, mainstream rap blows dick pretty hard)...one of the only mainstream bands i listen to that is part of this decade is RHCP..thats mostly it

5. I don't hate Wayne, I hate all rap and hip hop equally. :smoking:

6. #26 light green, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdWhrZrBw3o]YouTube - Why? - A Little Titanic[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5O8-MOCew8"]YouTube- Why? -The Fall of Mr Fifths[/ame]

listen to that, if you hate that as much as you hate lil wayne that's cool. but that's considered hip hop.

7. i like em cuz hes kinda crazy he'll just be spittin some random shit that will have you goin "what the fuck this dude just say?!!?!??!?!?" he aint my favorite rapper anyhow theres much better mainstream type dudes out there like boosie and jeezy.

8. Tiger Woods Y'all, Tiger Woods Y'all!, Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Woods Y'all!

that about sums up the decade for me. it was(is still) pretty fucking epic.

9. dude honestly i have no idea what he did...anyone wanna fill me in? lol

10. I agree completely and its a shame.

and also I guess I didn't mean all music from this decade was bad just the crap pushed onto by the media machine. If you dig good music is good for the taking but most people are content with the top 40 bullshit and never even bother.

I think politics in general this decade were just bad. It seems everyone everywhere has a hidden agenda and is looking to fuck the general public anyway they can just to make a buck. All these lobbyists and corporations have really screwed us all over pretty good.:mad:

11. Mikey Dread died in 2008

RIP

12. Definitely the fall of the Berlin Wall.

13. best- technology i guess even though its turning us all to shit
    worst- everything that happened besides technology
    this was probably the worst decade in every way possible, can only get worse from here

14. But what kinds of bands are these, mainly? Emo? Pop-punk? Velvet Underground rehash? Do you hold bands like the The White Stripes in prominence? Because I think bands like The White Stripes are the worst thing to ever happened to popular music, because this band and the popular culture elite decided to switch from digital right back to analog. What I mean is that the 1990s contained, but barely tapped into the potential of electronic music and what it could be. People like Momus and Cornelius and Add N 2 X certainly did, but never broke their glass ceiling and remained heavily influential to just about everyone else you can think of who makes records using the same sound in 2009 for Madonna and Mariah Carey.

Then, as I said, we devolved back into Analog, a technology used 30-40 YEARS prior and now even I -- a man who sits behind a pophype firescreen six layers deep wearing pophype shades thicker than the bottoms of blackened Coke bottles; Can easily see that popular music is so moribund there's telling between a song by Lady Gaga and the pepsi programme it's pimping her on.

I don't think Grindcore or any of its cousins are in way enjoyable or powerful, that kind of music is my 'musical taliban' and I don't like the way the people look or sound who are fans of it.

Again, are these progressive or regressive? All of those genres retread instead of invent. Can you name one genre of music around today that sounds 'fresh' or 'otherworldly' - The 80s and 90s contained 'otherwordly' music. The 2000s mostly contained 'other-otherworldly music'.

The average hard-working, child-rearing citizen isn't worried about fantasy and violent 'progressive metal' themes that you're going about. And this is another thing with metal fans, I'm often attacked for speaking out against noise and 'metal brotherhood' - so Nickleback certainly works, but if you're going to professional enter the music scene you should always pledge to move forward and never backward because once you adopt that mentality you are just as responsible for Nickleback and their onslaught popular music.

What!!? Big colourful images and CGI isn't interesting or special, it's just more mental junk food for the already hyper-stimulated kids of America to feast their dysfunction. Metal and video games fall in this category.

Not America - Corporate America - the 'Popular Culture Elite' allowed lusty blonde women to permanently distort the feminine image. Most Americans don't have any dollars to sell and when they do they go to Wal-Mart and Mcdonalds and spend it on abunch of stuff they've had a million times before.

Now! I don't think this decade was a total loss; I remember when the IPhone first came out in Summer 2007 I went in to the bathroom and cried when I got my first phone, this wasn't the postmodernism Bertolt Brecht was talking about it.

15. you sure? see...

1. 2000
    2. 2001
    3. 2002
    4. 2003
    5. 2004
    6. 2005
    7. 2006
    8. 2007
    9. 2008
    10. 2009

i don't know you could be right. i'm blitzed.:smoke:

but the worst... 9/11 or Katrina
    the best... i don't know.

16. Worst: Windows Vista

Best: Windows 7

17. #37 NORRIN RADD, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    Best: The ill hip hop albums that came out this decade, Bush out of office, too many "best"s.
    Worst: Obama, the lack of help the Katrina victims received from our gov't, the war, auto tune, the radio.

18. Sounds like the average hard-working, child-rearing citizen is an idiot without an imagination. You don't like noise and metal brotherhood? Not sure what you're going on about. You don't like heavy metal because it's loud, or violent? So you judge an entire genre based on a few songs/bands? That would be like judging country music entirely by the songs written and sung by David Allan Coe.

What mentality are you talking about exactly? A good band can be recognized by their passion. Whether or not you like their music, you can still respect their love for music. Are you saying that musicians with passion for their art no longer exist? Maybe instead of being pretentious you could find some bands that you like. :)

19. :hello:

Personally, for me its been being able to backpack through Europe twice (with two stops to Amsterdam to put the icing on the cake), and starting up plans for a Latin American backpack trip in 2011.

But there's been some rough times as well. Loosing a best friend has forever changed my perspective on the world not to mention the state the world is in.

20. #40 NORRIN RADD, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    Six One Cynic what the fuck are you talking about? You are making no sense whatsoever.