Best and cheapest dry herb vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ecoburn7, Jan 21, 2014.

1. [quote name="ecoburn7" post="19400010" timestamp="1390600798"]Thinking about getting the micro g pen for oil , its 100 dollars is it worth it?[/quote] Look up the afterburner on puffnugs.com its nice and cheaper. It also has a screen to conserve concentrates.Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. [quote name="Loonygoon" post="19384668" timestamp="1390372000"]Google vhit reload, it combusts or vapes when not packed but its very discreet long as u dont hotbox 5 bowls or exhale in your shirt... my current go to method of smoking[/quote] Where'd you get yours? I'm looking and only see a piece that attached to a battery. And it doesnt use herb Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. MFLB is ~$75 all over eBay. I got mine the other week and love it. I was thinking about getting a cheap pen to use as a e 1 hitter for stealth. Which sure works fine if someone sees you hitting it in your car or something. But if there anywhere you can smell it you need to get something that actually vapes. From my research the mflb is the best for anyone on a budget.

As of right now, vape pens are for oils/waxes, not herbs.  Like Iwien said, the Grasshopper aims to change that, but its not released yet so you can't buy it at the moment.

The cheapest way you could go for herbs as far as I know would be a MFLB, they are like $60-80 on ebay, but if you want extras like the PA you will have to pay more.  It's not technically a pen tho.

You could also go for a vaporgenie, which is a vape pipe that you use a lighter with but vapes your herbs.  I'm not a huge fan of it simply because I don't want to deal with a lighter, but I know a bunch of people who are, and its cheaper than the MFLB.

5. There are vape pens for herb. They're everywhere. It's a fact, educate yourself. I saw various selections if them.

6. #26 lwien, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014

So let me get this straight.    You believe that just because a manufacturer states that a vape pen is for herbs, that the pen will actually vaporize herbs?    And you're telling HIM to educated HIMSELF?   Muhhahahahahahha.............. :laughing:

7. Why do you think its such a farfetched idea? Herb can obviously be vaped through a pen, there wouldn't be so many products advertising it and people agreeing that it does. Its actually comical how you don't think there's a device out there besides the mflb and vaporgenie that vapes herb. And to your comment about 'just because a manufacturer states that the pen is for herbs' LOL when did I say the manufacturer EVER? Quote me please. And do you really think that there hasn't been a single puff of vapor produced from the hundreds of different vape pens out there? Can you honestly tell me that you fully believe that?Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #28 lwien, Jan 27, 2014

Absolutely.   Just look at how these pens are made and it becomes obvious that there is no way in hell that they can vaporize dry herbs properly.   The Grasshopper, however, could change all that.

And as far as your comment that I think that only the VaporGenie and the MFLB can vaporizer herbs, that is insane.   There are TONS of vapes out on the market that can properly vape herbs.

Here's the deal Joe.   I wouldn't have commented at all, but after you said "It's a fact, educate yourself." to James, I felt the need to reply.   it is in fact YOU that needs to educate yourself about vaporizers before you can ever make a comment like that make any sense at all.   What you may want to do is to spend some time over at the FC site and do some reading...............especially about pen vapes.

Here's the deal.   I know very little about most things, but the one thing that I do know a LOT about is vaporizers so please understand that when I make a statement about something in regards to vapes, I will ONLY do so if I "fully believe" what it is that I am saying.

9. I just think its wasteful that you still go to great extremities to try and prove me wrong on what we know already. Herbs can be vaped via pen and I think that's pretty easy to prove. If it can he done for wax and you believe that what's so hard for you to grasp about herbs being vaped? If you modify vape pens with screens it can EASILY be done and some pens don't even need modification. I don't see how you can sit there and still believe that there isn't a VAPORIZER PEN on the market that actually DOES what its supposed to. Blows my mind. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Do you know what a Pax is? It VAPORIZES fantastically. If you don't believe me then just don't. But you're wrong lolSent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #31 lwien, Jan 27, 2014
    Ok, Joe, if you truly believe that the current crop of vape pens can properly vaporizer dry herbs, either make a vid yourself or post up a youtube vid of a typical cheap pen vape doing the following:

Loading up the vape with dry herbs.
    Vaping? the dry herbs
    And then dumping out the ABV on a white sheet of paper with a close up to see how the spent herbs looks.   
    All of the above without any editing cuts.

Regarding the above, if there is any black specks or ash in that ABV, it is NOT vaporizing the herbs properly.    The ABV should come out a uniform golden to very dark brown with no black whatsoever.

If there is such a vid that you can provide, than I will reverse my stance on this and stand corrected, but from the thousands of posts that I have read here as well as over at FC and the hundreds of vids that I have viewed,  along with many hours spent in conversation with the inventors and creators of some of the most popular vapes on the market, as well as being a beta tester for many of them,  I have not yet heard any reports of the current crop of Chinese made vape pens (most of them coming out of the exact same knock-off factory in China with different names slapped on them) that can properly vape dry herbs.

But again, while I know a lot about this industry, there is still so much to learn, so I could be wrong on this, but I highly doubt it.

I've never seen a pen that is as thick as a PAX.  Have you?   Calling the PAX a pen vape is akin to calling an LSV a portable.

I'm done with this.   Over............and out.

12. The Pax is a vape pen. I've used it and it vapes. Listen man... it might not fully vaped and some parts of the plant matter might combust but regatdless....IT VAPES. Why don't you get that?

13. Hahah if you're saying it is big or anything you might want to start being realistic and accept you are wrong.

14. #34 lwien, Jan 27, 2014

Ok, one more post and then I'm done.

These are pen vapes:
    [​IMG]
    These are PAX's:  [​IMG]
    Do the pen vapes look like pens?   Do the PAX's look like pens?   The PAX is about 5 times as thick, if not more.   There's no way in hell that you're gonna clip a PAX to your shirt pocket and have anyone believe that it's just a pen.

Not only that but the PAX works on a whole different principle than the Pens.   The PAX does not use a heating coil whereas all the pens do.

And if any part of the plant material combusts than it is not vaping properly.........plain and simple.

Ok, now I'm done.

15. Dude its just thicker. You're overexaggerating, its still a vape pen at least in my mind and many other peoples. So many people refer to it as a vape pen and thats what it does. How are you disagreeing with thafSent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Under $50? YouTube lightbulb vaporizer how to.... You can buy 40 of em and ten lighters, or five lighters and five scented candles..... But you better hurry, I hear they are going to quit making them in favor of bulbs that are better at polluting the environment, and only cost three times as much. You know how our government loves efficiency... Lol

17. Sorry dude.. I'm with lwien. Not the same, very different. And both of us have far more experience with vaporizers across a very broad spectrum of shape, sizes, manufacturers, operating principles. So I have no idea why you are even arguing with him. Try Google. Educate yourself, come back and apologize. It's OK... We were inexperienced, uneducated and eager at one time too. We'll forgive you.

Yup.    Totally agree.   I don't think any of us were born knowing a lot about anything, but one thing I NEVER did, was to come onto a site and tell someone that they needed to get educated and that they didn't know what they were talking about without first making sure that I knew what in the hell I was talking about.      I guess it's that whole concept of not knowing what you don't know that is kinda playing out here, eh?

19. I didnt literally mean it was a pen. Still just as portable and serves the same purpose so its like the dame thing... but whatever Mr. PhD in vaporizers

20. Right. It's one thing to disagree on opinion.. Easy to disagree when facts are absent... Impossible to disagree with Fact! But the old boy tried didn't he? Lol.
    I was under the assumption he was talking about the ploom pen at first, but he'd have been wrong on that too. I gave him a minute tho...

But he gave me a great idea for my next vape invention. Pen style, PAX guts, and have the air drawn around, under then through the heating element and through the consumables like an iolite. Battery will be problematic tho.... Might get him aging about batteries and see what he can come up with. LOL