Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best alternative to joints?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BeyondIndigo32, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Hi guys. I'm a tobacco smoker (among other things ofc) but I'm going to try and quit smoking tobacco in the new year. The thing is, I don't intend to give up smoking weed (no way!) so I'm trying to decide what the best alternative to smoking joints (which I roll with tobacco) is. I've never used a bong or vape (all my friends who smoke, smoke joints rolled w/tobacco.) I sometimes find inhaling a bit difficult, so I want something smooth as possible. What would you guys recommend?

TBH I'm leaning towards getting a vape as I've heard good things about them. Also they're apparently better at not creating a strong weed smell, which is important for me as I'm in rented accommodation and don't want my landlord smelling anything suspicious :cool: however, vapes seem to be expensive...£300 for some of 'em, and I really don't wanna spend that much.

Also...I have no idea how you use a bong or vape (derp!) so does anyone have a link to a guide or anything?

2. Bong, there easy to use its not that hard.

3. get some "knaster" its smokable herbs that u can mix with ur joints.. i use it since i recently quit tobacco and it works just fine :)

4. get a nice glass pipe, nothing can go wrong with it, a stoners best friend is his bowl:D

bongs are pretty nice also, i hate papers unless im smoking blunts with my black friends, hah

5. blunts = tobacco, guys

6. for some reason i feel knaster is knasty.....

:p

OP why cant you just roll joints with just weed in it? Just refrain from putting in tobacco...

other than that im gonna have to say get a bong and a chillum. bong for at your house cause well....bongs are by far the greatest smoking apparatus in existence.

and chillums are THE BEST for on the go. In the car or just out with friends...chillums are the shit man.

7. How hard is it to just roll a joint and not a spliff?

8. The magic flight launch box vaporizer is 80$-100$ and it is really good for the money.

Reviews:
    Magic-Flight Launch Box Review - Marijuana.com
    The Magic-Flight Box Review (Page 1) / Vaporizer Discussion / FC - Vaporizer Review Forum

Order at:
    Magic-Flight

9. Knaster is knasty LOL! That made me laugh :)

One thing I've figured out is that across the pond, people tend to smoke weed-only joints. Here in England, I've never ever seen a joint rolled with just weed. I'm not really sure why that is, it just seems to be how it is here *shrugs*

But as I said I sometimes find inhaling a bit tough on the lungs (I didn't start smoking tobacco till I was 24, which was a year ago, and I'm like the world's worst smoker of everything. Must have weak lungs or some shit.) so I think a weed-only joint would cane my sad lungs. And my stash would go down twice as quick!! DO NOT WANT! LMAO.

I'm going to do some research on different apparatus before making a decision. I need something simple to use too, because I have very limited patience with trying to figure things out! It will be my Christmas present to myself :cool:

10. do it the american way no tabacco lol easiest solution
    bong is amazing ( all you do is break up your bud put it in the bowl and spark, if it hasa carb, cover drag the smoke threw then let go the carb and inhale. if the bowl is removable spark, drag, the take bowl out and inhale) and fly high lol

have fun:smoke:

11. See my above post! ^^^

12. Bong.
    Bubbler.
    Hurricane Pipe.
    Anything with water filtering.

13. dude..if you have pussy lungs use a vape. thats the healthiest way to enjoy marijuana. The next best way is making edibles.
    Joints, Bongs, Blunts all involve smoking which hurts the lungs.. so those two above arre your only healthy options

14. To say that because your quitting tobacco you wouldn't be able to get high off of or inhale properly from a joint rolled with weed is absolute nonsense. If I was you I'd either:
    A) Stick to what I know, man up and start rolling weed joints.
    B) Buy a glass bong and put a bunch of ice in it. Smooth as shit. It's pretty straight forward to use. Put the broken up weed in the slide, inhale slowly from mouthpiece while lighting herb (and covering carb, aka "rush", if their is one). When you have as much smoke in their as you think you can handle you uncover the carb if their is one, and if their's not you remove the slide (making sure not to spill your weed) and inhale all the smoke quickly

15. I'm confused by what you mean, stonercharmer...? Do you mean a joint rolled with weed and tobacco, or one rolled with weed alone? And I don't think I ever said I couldn't get high from a joint...? Also, I think I'm confusing my terms. I use 'spliff' 'joint' etc interchangably, not sure whether, in other countries, one means with tobacco and one without? Like I said, in the UK, we don't roll with weed alone so there's no need to make the distinction. Sorry, finding it hard to decode this sentence and would like to respond to the allegations of 'talking nonsense'. Not that I don't talk nonsense on a regular basis :cool:

It's all very well to say "Man up and do X" but it can be easier said than done. I'd rather have the easiest thing for my lungs to cope with rather than just charge ahead with doing something I find physically difficult, which is just going to somewhat spoil the experience. I'm not sure what the reason is for my weak lungs, but I'd rather have sommat I could sit back and enjoy rather than hacking up my innards with every toke, you know? Kinda kills the buzz.

16. im in the same boat as you tbh.. i quit tobacco 3 months ago so i decided to go to my headshop and get some herbs i can mix with my joint... i havent tried the other flavours but u should def give it a try... or by a spoon and take baby hits :p

17. I love my volcano vaporizer. I still like using my bong though.:smoke:

18. A pure weed joint should be less harsh on your lungs, if that is what you are worried about. You can also tear off the end once you've gotten your fill on the joint and smoke the rest later.

19. Joints without tobacco..