Best all round drummer

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by foreverandaday, Dec 11, 2003.

?

Best all round drummer ?

1. Chad Smith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dennis Chambers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dave Weckl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Steve Gadd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Spag

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Steve White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Vinnie Colaiuta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Jimmy Degrasso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Matt Sorum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Buudy Rich

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. so being a session drummer myself of ten years experience i would pick Chad Smith, most of the non-drummers would of only heard chads stuff in rhcp but it goes beyond that and he is an amazing drummer :)

2. my 2 fav's have to be john bohnam, and keith moon........Peace out.......Sid

ps you say your a sesssion drummer, played with anyone famous that i'll know?.......

3. Jimmy Chamberlain, with my boyfriend at a close second (he's been playing for 18 years):D

[​IMG]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Me and Jimmy when I met him last summer :D

4. The best drummer is ...

Neil Pert of rush.

5. Wheres chad sexton from 311 or danny carey from tool?

6. I think Dave Grohl should be on there. He's not the greatest ever (Bonham) but he still belongs on the list.

7. heh no one majorly massive Sid, you might of heard of Gabriel? well i did some of the tracks on her latest album. Dave Grohl?? no way should he be on that list.. he is the most overrated drummer to hit the scene, under no curcumstances should he be in the best round all drummer poll....

8. Listen to Song For The Dead and then say that, dude.

It's by Queens of the Stone Age btw.

9. Mike Portnoy is pretty dang good.

10. whoever drums for the Mars Volta. he'd drum the shit out of most other drummers. other favourites are Mudvayne(is it Spag? i can never remember) Danny Carey..

and Mitch mitchell! drummer for the Hendrix Experience. he's amazing. very underrated. but i think he did for drumming what jimi did for the guitar.

11. hey fritos, first of all dave is NOT even close to being anywhere near in top 10 all round drummers hence the name "all round" meaning not just punk/metal drumming im affraid, and even if there was a list for punk/metal drummers he wouldnt be in there but then again i think its down to the persons knowladge of drumming and prefrences
    Peace out x

12. WHAT?!?!..no danny carrae(cant spell..Drummer From Tool)