Best 4x4 LED for 2020 under $1,000?!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Pluto3000, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Hello,

I had great success with my first 2x4 grow using a MarsHydro SP250(Now discontinued). I'm now looking at the MarsHydro TS300, SpiderFarmer, SF4000, and HLG 550 to name a few. I'll be growing autoflowers in a 4x4 in 5 gallon pots.
    IMG_4711.PNG

2. I got a used fluence spydr 2i still under warranty for 900 through ebay.. Absolutely awesome light.. For new my vote under 1000 is hlg 550

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Got the HLG 550 on sale in feb. 1 crop in and was amazed. in a 4x4. Dimming is great, didn't hit max power until into flower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Buy 4 qb96’s and build a frame for your 4x4, the footprint of a qb96 is 2x2 for flower

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HLG 550 is what I'd do. But I may be biased as I love my HLG 650R lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Would the 650R be too much for a 4x4 tent?

7. Nope, I'd put one in a 4x4 in a heartbeat. I have mine in a 5x5 but I use some supplemental lighting in the corners when the plants get too close to the light as they start to shade out the corners a little.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zero issues with heat in a 5x5? Nice. Now I have another light to contemplate. Ugh..

9. I’m getting the hlg 600w kit as soon as it’s back in stock... I’m tired of hps and the electric bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks for the feedback ladies and gents. I am now contemplating the HLG 650R. Waiting on a reply back from their customer support.

11. #14 MrCoffee, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Helllo,
    This light is similar to the 650r.
    Slim 600H Dimmable LED Grow Light 600w (120 Degree) 3500k
    slightly more energy efficient and allows the grower to put the light closer to the canopy, giving the grower more head space.
    Personally, I think they’re both expensive at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  12. THANKS!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to show this to me. This one looks promising.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You’re welcome,
    It’s a lil expensive, (like I said) but it has a master controller option allow which can be attributed to the added price.
    I use their Optic 1 for veg. They kick ass. Got two of them.
    Best of luck with whichever light you choose.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I ordered the Optic Slim 600H with the light controller. Called their commercial grow number and got a nice discount code over the phone. The controller allows you to program the light for sunrise and sunset which I thought was pretty neat. Anything to mimic mother nature helps!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nice brother! You should start a grow journal an show us how you do with it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I just ordered the 650r from hlg!! I got $164 off from a discount code they gave me.... finally upgraded!!!

17. You will love it!

Protip: Wear sunglasses around it lol! It's like the freakin sun!

• Like Like x 1