Berry's First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Berry, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hey everybody, I finally moved somewhere that I can grow.

I'm starting with some bagseed from some decent mids I got a couple of years ago. I almost never have any seeds in my weed so I kept all of them and started germinating 6 of them yesterday. I germinated them in a wet paper towel in a tupperware container. Two of them germinated overnight, and the rest germinated today after I put the container outside to heat them up.

I planted them all in some seed starter mix, and plan on transplanting them later into some Fox Farm's Ocean Forest. I haven't bought the soil yet so if anybody has a suggestion for a better mix then feel free to tell me.

I plan on vegging all the plants until their of sufficient size for me to take some clones from each one. Then I'm going to flower the clones as soon as they are rooted just to see which of my plants are females and which are males, and then keep the best female as a mother.

I'll post some pics as soon as they sprout, wish me luck.

2. Sounds like a plan man, good luck with your grow.

3. Thanks, I'm still waiting for them to sprout. In the meantime I'm working on my growroom and thinking of building my own LED lights.

I have a large walk-in closet that I can use, I will have a 2'x3'x7' veg and mother area, and a 2'x5'x7' flowering area.

I'll be making a DIY bubble cloner in the next couple of weeks too. After I get good enough at cloning and finish my first batch of clones I'll order some seeds with better genetics.

I also want to try some experiments with grafting, I'm a horticultural science major so I'm planning on doing a bunch of experiments with different techniques I learn in school. I think it would be cool to see how many different strains I can graft onto a single mother plant.

4. When I order my seeds I'm going to try and do this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGhWLaTopL4]Urban Grower Talks About Grafting Cannabis Plants - YouTube[/ame]

I've already done it with tomatoes, I had one plant that had 4 completely different size tomatoes on it.

5. That should be interesting man. Im new as well, but wouldnt even tackle grafting yet.

6. Its not as hard as it seems, if you can clone then you can graft, its a very similar process. When I do it I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.