berry ryder autos help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by missmarijay512, Dec 10, 2012.

1. is it okay to plant an auto in less than -gal pots until harvest. whats the limit if i want the plants small. Help>?

2. I'm actually growing this strain now, in 3 gal pots. Growing an auto in a small pot isn't ideal because you wanna get the most out of out. If you want a bigger yield, you need a bigger plants, I.e. Bigger pots.

Hope this helps.

3. That being said, auto's rootballs are smaller than bigger photosensitive (vegged) plants. I would say 1 gallon would be good enough, but like shorty said, you will want to get the most out of your auto since it'll be so small.

If it gets rootbound, it will stall, and being an auto, probably not recover all that well.

4. okay so if i transplant an auto when would b the right tyme? 2nd week?

5. As soon as you have a decent root structure. I would say around the 2nd week yes, about when you have a couple sets of true leaves.

6. Don't transplant an auto start it straight in its final pot.. Autos arnt keen on being transplanted because the roots do all there growing in the first 2/3 weeks

7. I just popped in soil these same beans. They haven't popped soil but im using 5g smartpots

8. Perfect! :)

9. Just hoping the ff soil. In conjunction with a 400w hps at 22" above isn't too much for it to pop. Planted these for a test run

10. I use bio bizz all mix an they love it but not sure what fert is in ff soil but its commonly used so it must be ok.. Keeping your light a good distance away for the first 4/5 days of sprouting is a good call an you can gradually lower it to about 12" above your canopy after that.. Good luck!

11. Yea ill be back in Cali in a week to check on them, had to run to Kentucky but it's setup on light cycle and auto water schedule, to spray spot 6x(mist) during lights off once every 36hrs