Berry Ryder Auto: T5/cfl Hydro Cabinet Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by freedomisamyth, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Day 25:
    PH seems to have leveled out at 5.5
    TDS are at 485ppm
    Reservoir temperature is a little high at 80F.
    I'm cautious about adding frozen water bottles because I think that caused root breakage earlier in the grow. The root ball is a lot bigger now but I'm still too afraid to risk it. I'll add one once the roots are a bit stronger or the temperature gets higher, whichever comes first.

2. Pictures, day 25
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373059237.622032.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373059249.841566.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373059262.237724.jpg

3. Barb seems to be wilting a little. I don't know what could be causing this other than the change in nutrient levels. Is 485ppm too high for this stage? She's showing preflowers all over, but no buds yet.

4. I found a small spider and a web last night. I don't think it was a spidermite because there was only one. I killed it and wiped away the web. Hopefully that's the last I have to deal with this.

5. Ms Lahey hasn't grown much in size lately. I think that since she's starting to flower she's concentrating on root growth for now. I bet she'll take off again in a couple days.

6. She's starting to get little buds all over. I'll get pictures up later during lights on.

7. Lookin good so far man

8. Thank you. She's definitely in the flowering stage now. Ill get pictures up soon.

9. Pictures, Day 29:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373416003.099098.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373416017.080875.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373416032.076784.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373416045.665948.jpg

10. I'm starting to realize how impatient I am. It's hard when you see small buds, but you know there's at least another month and a half before I can burn it.

11. Barb's buds are getting bigger. Some of them are almost pea sized but she's absolutely covered in pistils, meaning bud sites. I'm very excited to see how much weight this little gal can put out. Today is only day 32, about halfway to harvest, so I'm getting there.

Ph is steady at 5.8
    Reservoir temp is 80F (a little high)
    And nutrients are at 485ppm.

So far, so good.

12. The lower fan leaves are yellowing, should I prune them or is this normal for a flowering plant?

I see a lot of people prune they're fan leaves when flowering begins, does anyone have experience with this?

13. Day 35:
    I just pruned all of the dead or yellow leaves. She looks like she can breathe a lot better. Most of those leaves were blocking light from getting to healthy leaves and smaller bud sites.

I also raised the nutrient level to 525ppm. I think the yellowing/dying leaves were affected by low nitrogen. That's why I raised the nutrients. Hopefully I did this right.

14. I'm attempting to make iso hash with the clippings from yesterday. I've got the clippings in the freezer soaking in iso alcohol. I hope it turns out.

15. I don't think I have enough oil to smoke any. I'm going to let it dry all day and see what I can scrape up.

16. #56 freedomisamyth, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
    Day 41:

She seems to be flowering well aside from some stretching. I had to remove two of my cfl's because it was getting way too got in the cabinet and some leaves were slightly burnt.

She's already about 2.5ft tall, which is higher than she's rated at. There are bud sites all over and she's blooming nicely.

My only concern right now, other than heat and less light, is her size. I may have to take the top shelf out of my cabinet in order to raise the t5 assembly any more. She hasn't grown much in the past two days so I think she's just concentrating on her flowers now.

Pictures soon.

Is anyone still following?

17. Day 42:
    I'm running out of room. I'm going to have to try some light LST with barb's top. Maybe I can get it to lean towards a corner. I'm afraid I may have to chop the top off early. I don't know any other way to make room.

Any ideas?

18. im still following.. id try to tie it down before i chop it early, especially if you're close!

19. I'm about 20 days away. I'd really hate to lose the top for any reason. I'm going to try LSTing once she's hitting the light again.

20. i wouldnt go too crazy but i wouldnt let it get close enough to burn!