Berry Ryder, Auto#1, Auto sweet tooth - grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Chronicgrowbox, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Hey Chronic:wave:
    Ive been lurking on this thread for a few days, you have some really nice plants goin for ya. You're giving me hope for my next grow in may, in which i want to have a similiar setup . Indoors/autos/strains/ORGANIC!

Ill be checking back later for a smoke report!!
    SMOKE WEED.:smoking:
    N9ne

2. I'm glad to be helping out fellow brothers. What are you thinking about growing?

I started a good thread on organic soil. It's worth checking out. A lot of the guys chimed in on a good recipe for a great organic soil. Keeping in mind, if you do go organic, you won't have to buy nutrients or fuck around with ph of your soil. 100 bucks on soil or 150-200 on soil and nutrients? Those are my thoughts, but whatever you can get your hands on right. My first round was with promix mycrohazae soil and I bought nutes, next round pure organic.

Smoke report won't be for a while. 5 weeks give or take for sweet tooth and berry Ryder. I can't wait. Right now I'm taking advantage of my buddies hydroponics. He grew some critical mass. It's a good smoke. Nice and clean, it's my game weed. I smoke it and I zone in. I'm a goalie for hockey and last game I smoked it and almost got a shut out. I was zoned in all game. The high lasts long and it's an uplifting high. Doesn't burn you out too much. The taste is kinda peppery. I chewed on a stem while I was chopping to roll, and it almost choked me out. Spicy I'd give it. I don't know if its what he's using in his resivoir or what but if that's what the strain is then ya, watch out for this one. I wouldn't recommend smoking it and going to work though, you'll be lost lol.

3. hey stupid question but im germating 10 autos right now in same pellet's with the starter dome.i have them on top of a heat mat and making sure im keeping water in there but do you need to have a light over these or are the ok just in my kitchen for now untill i see the the stems and then put them under my 1k light? i have a t5 light that i could just lay on top of the starter dome. what should i do????? sorry to ask but im a newbiee i will be starting a jorunal soon i have a 5x5 tent with a 1000w mh/hps top of the line set up will be growing 10 autos 5 transiberian and 5 northern lights with 3gl smart pots.

4. o i platnted the seeds sun night i havent not seen any thing yet i just put the seeds in the pellet's. i have just been waiting patiently lol

5. Seeds germinate best in a warm, moist, dark area. What I did was use the paper towel method, and put it on top of my water heater. I used a sandwich bag as a dome. You don't need light until you put them in soil. When you see those babies poking through the soil, you'll want to add the light. I wouldn't shine the light through the dome, the dome will filter light.

6. ok well they are already platend so should i just keep the dome in my kitchen i mean it has light in the room untill i see the plants sticking out of the pellets? how long dose it normally take? then should i go ahead and put them in the tent i have a 1000w og reflector and the 1000w Hortilux Super eys hps and the bad ass blue Hortilux mh. i also have a 5 bulb 24w t-5 that i could use to start with if i needed to

7. #87 Chronicgrowbox, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Sounds like you have no shortage of light, that's for sure. Atta boy! Ya man, just keep the dome on and water the pellets when the dry out. It should take 3-4 days for a nice long root to form, then you will see a stem with two tiny little leaves come out. Sometimes the sprout will have a hard time shedding its seed shell so what I did was very delicately help it off. Tweezers and a steady hand. You should see sprout within 4-5 days from the time you buried them. I started my germ on thursday night and it was in the soil by sunday. Keep an eye on the jiffy pellets though, the dry up quick. If its really light, add more water. Do this in a dish, add water to the dish and stick the pellets in, let it soak up the water till the water is just standing, then repeat for your other babies. Shouldn't take long though man. My buddy did the same with the pellets, and he had his in the dark on the water heater and within a few days all of them were good to go. Just be patient and you'll be rewarded. A lot of people are in a rush, so just remember to keep it simple, they're weeds, they'll grow regardless just as long as there's water and soil

8. Hey Chronic i don't mean to jack your thread ive been watching your grow and its sick but your post made me a little nervous. I germed a seed the other day and put it in soil in a solo cup with some airtight sticky food wrap over the top. i put it under 1 27w daylight cfl. Should i have waited till they sprouted to put the light on?

9. #89 Chronicgrowbox, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Sup dude, no worries. Always glad to help out. Your worried about light? I wouldn't worry about it sox, the seed is in dirt, no light will touch it. The light would be good for heat if anything. If the seed was planted outside, it would get 12-13 hours light every day anyway. The only reason I had it in the dark was because mine was in a glass with paper towel. This is me man, check out my first thread. It gives detail on how I started out, starting with my growing area and environment. http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1117872-beginners-grow-cab-advice-setup-plz.html

Btw, you mentioned that you have an airtight container? That worries me more than anything, plants need air and oxygen. I'd make it so that your container is less air tight just enough for some air to get at it. You'll still retain humidity from the soil.

10. So it's update day. There has been some complications in the grow this past week. The weed has gotten so smelly I had to move them to a buddies place. He's germinating 3 of the autos I mentioned previously in this thread, the ultra lemon haze, Pineapple Express, and northern lights x big bud. If you notice in my last pictures the plants are under light in a different environment. Ill be bringing my supplies and growing environment to his place, Mylar box with PC powered fans for air movement and cooling. Watering is today in a few hours. Ill take pictures while I'm there. I can't wait to see them. Feeding auto #1 with just water and the other two with another feeding of water and original pure blend, full recommended dose. So stay tuned today and you will be updated,
    Cheers

11. I have been looking at the Sweet tooth Auto and i saw the Auto #1 on Attitude Seedbank, you inspired me on that one, but im thinking about doing some ak47/ak48 for sure and maybe some Sour Dee:smoking:
    So many choices!:p
    I believe i read your organic post before i even saw this journal, i have a good soil recipe for a beginner. I would rather initially spend more on an organic soil that will make my babies blossom instead of adding unnatural additives, worry about disease, pests and pH. Im fairly new to growing, especially organics. My saying is "If you wont put it on your body or ingest it, dont feed it to your plants."

I realize the smoke report is a ways out but im as excited as you are lmao

Thats unfortunate you had to move the girls, did you have a carbonfilter/scrubber in your setup? BTW im thinking of doing a cabinet in a storage space likewise to you but with my own personal touches.

Sorry for the rant:rolleyes: GL with the grow my friend
    Nine

12. Ni worries about the ranting, im come on here to read and learn what people do. its fun ;). Dude! I spend so much time looking at my next grow its crazy. Few strains I want to check out or try growing is dr.greenspoon, super lemon haze, strawberry haze for pheno types and purple cheese, ultra lemon haze, pineapple chunk and blueberry for auto type. Purple cheese seems to be sold out everywhere all the time. But auto #1, is a really nice looking plant, grew great! Smells great, bet you it smokes great too lol. Ill be growing that one again depending on smoke report lol. Thanks for the nice words man. I started out wanting strains that weren't as potent in terms of smell, so I waited to see if I needed a carbon filter or not and yup definitely needed one. Cash flow won't allow me to invest in a blower for the filter so I just gave them up. Keeping in mind a couple more weeks won't hurt being somewhere else. Makes the heart grow fonder lol. So ya to answer your question I didn't and next grow, it's a must have. Gonna invest in a small tent too. It's worth it. Wood cost me $100 to build the cab and I think a tent setup would be a lot better for what I want. Another 300+ $ ... Worth it after a few months though.
    Let me know how it goes man.
    Peace

13. So lookin back on my grow journal my first problem I encountered, I now know that it was the heat that caused my plants to burn. I thought I had I normal 45 watt cfl, turned out to be a heat lamp. Heat lamp for the win.... Lol so ya, if you encounter the same thing on your babies, make sure your lights are at proper height and watch the temperature. Prolly stunted the growth a few days.

14. Finally update time.

Got my environment set up again for final stages. 1 week for auto #1 and two weeks for berry Ryder and sweet tooth. We fed pure water for the auto #1 and full nutes for the other two. Next week is chop time for the sweet little auto.

The new kids on the block ultra lemon haze, pineapple expeess and northern lights big bud is also in the mix as well. Weird growth on Pineapple Express. 3 leaves, then another set of three leaves.. Have you ever seen this? This is one to watch, that's for sure!

Auto#1 day 55
    image-3592142431.jpg

image-111185013.jpg

Berry Ryder Automatic day 55
    image-2014626912.jpg

image-1764339473.jpg

image-1556132425.jpg

Auto Sweet Tooth
    image-2192102091.jpg

image-2256815689.jpg

image-1888164015.jpg

15. Okay update #2

Northern lights x big bud automatic
    image-1641666983.jpg

image-4209588986.jpg

Ultra Lemon Haze Automatic
    image-503955066.jpg

image-322602308.jpg

Pineapple Express Automatic
    image-4265659168.jpg

image-1786824740.jpg

This is the weird growth I was talking about. 3 centre leaves and 3 outer leaves.
    image-57520890.jpg

image-3422593786.jpg

16. Looks good, the girls are fillin out nicely. Are you monitoring the pistils for chopping time?

17. #97 Chronicgrowbox, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    Thx technine
    I don't have a magnifying glass yet lol. Gonna hit up a dollar store this week to check out the cloudyness of the crystal. Since I don't have access to the plants, the decision to chop will be made Thursday or Friday. I'm 90% sure that my auto #1 will be good to go, the other I believe need at least another week to fill out more and become more colorfull ;). They are dank little beasts.

Btw I'm looking into some seeds for my next grow, if anyone wants to give me some suggestions on strains that are good for energetic high, cerebral highs, and good highs for gaming, please share with me what you believe would be good for this. Maybe some really tasty bud.

I want to try something different this grow as well like a "World of Seeds Sweet Coffee Ryder Autoflowering".

Sweet Coffee Ryder is another great strain from the WORLD OF SEEDS AUTOFLOWERING COLLECTION. This is a strain that can be grown indoors and outdoors. This strain has a low resistance to mushrooms and plague as well as a low irrigation tolerancy. Its breading is Low Rudelaris x Colombian Santa Marta and can be expected to flower in 8-9 weeks and grown to a height of 40 - 120cm. You can also expect a yield of 450 - 550 gr/m² indoors and 25 - 60 gr/plant outdoors. It also has a THC level of 17-19% .

I heard Santa Marta is a really good strain. It would be really interesting. Any thoughts

Also any thoughts on purple cheese? Supposed to be an intense body stone..

18. ive had purple wreck and its and intense body buzz and it can easily get you so stoned you forget what youre saying in mid sentence.

19. I was eyein that purple cheese! Presonally i like a really good hybrid or indica.
    fuckin high.:smoking:

You should try some auto diesel or lemon haze auto. You are sticking with the auto's aren't you?

20. I like anything that will get me high but if I can cultivate a really tasty bud that'll knock me out, I'd be proud of it ;) something keep on the shelf.

I'm actually growing the ultra lemon haze, 50 odd days left on it. Definitely sticking to autos right now. Going outdoor during the summer. So ill be getting some super lemon haze for that. Purely auto for my indoor. Ill be doing 6 at a time 3 at my place and 3 at my buddies. I'm the seed supplier with the credit card ;) lol