Berry Ryder, Auto#1, Auto sweet tooth - grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Chronicgrowbox, Oct 18, 2012.

1. You are probably right Chronic. I was actually looking through some old grow pictures and noticed some reddish purple stems on some leaves. I don't know if I ever noticed them at the time and never had any issues with it. I guess the main thing is that new growth and bud production are moving along nicely. Looking forward to the update.:smoking:

2. I'd probably fuck the plant up trying to fix the problem with the red stems, I'm not too worried about it anymore. I look to the new growth to see if the plant is healthy ;) I read that somewhere. I just took all of the dead leaves off the plants, now they look really healthy. Buds are getting bigger. Auto #1 is coming along the best. Buds are getting bigger. The other two seem to be a week behind. Kinda like their taking the short bus to school (cuz they're autos, they stay short). bad joke i know.. But see for yourself.

Btw, anyone growing Auto #1.. Anyone get a hint of citrus in the smell of the bud? or fruityness? maybe a grapefruityness? I have a cold right now so I dunno if my nose is playing tricks on me.

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      269 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      432.3 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      220.3 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      262.2 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      183.8 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      222.5 KB
      Views:
    • 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      244.9 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      173.8 KB
      Views:
    • 034.jpg
      034.jpg
      File size:
      237.1 KB
      Views:
    • 037.jpg
      037.jpg
      File size:
      541.1 KB
      Views:
  3. #43 Chronicgrowbox, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    Took a trip to the Hydro store and picked up Botanicare The Original Pure Blend Metabolic Bloom Formula . I'm going to be feeding my plants with this for now on. The guy at the store told me not to use it with anything else but I'm going to say fuck that and still add my molasses. Never does me wrong. I think that's like adding Bud Candy for Carbs.

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      138.3 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      298.8 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      198.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Hey man, ur plants are looking good. Love seeing them buds start to take over. I'm sure they will love that new juice too. Whats are the plants heights at now?

5. listen man...fuck the nutes. just add WATER and BAT SHIT.

i kid you not youll be a lot better off. if the strain is fire...youll know regardless of whatever bs u put in it. i learned the heard way nuting the fuck outta first set. just use water trust me.

6. What's up bud! Last time I measured my auto #1 it was at 16 inches. Sorry for the metric it's the only tape measure I have. The berry Ryder is 16 inches and my sweet tooth is shorter by by an inch or two. I'm at work right now so I can't post multiple pictures but ill post a pic of the berry Ryder. The top of my plant looks really thin and whispy. Is that common for this strain or will this sucker explode this week? I guess we'll wait and find out.

I'm definitely doing auto #1 again.. That's if it's potent enough. Grows like a champ.

Attached Files:

7. No worries on the measurements, its all I ever use at work, at least the inches and feet. I think that's actually imperial tho isn't it? I don't think I've ever had an auto grow as large as 16''. Is it just me or does that Berry Ryder seem to have some sativa qualities? Tall and stretchy with those long finger leaves coming out at the top? The description on Attitude says it's a cross of all 3 plant types. I'm sure they will all pack on some good weight anyways.

8. I was thinking the same thing. Sativa like. Very leafy, small little leaves everywhere lol. I wish there was a guide on every strain like a user manual. Would be helpful to know what to expect from a certain strain. Hopefully good things come from that feeding I gave it.

9. Very nice plant dude. It's truly starting to look a beauty :D Subbed

10. Thanks man. Welcome to the grow. Started week 6 this passed Sunday from seed.

Btw, the nutrients I gave it really boosted bud production. Leaves are looking shinier, crystal is starting to form. It's looking real good. Hoping and praying for Denser buds on the berry Ryder. The aromas are starting to come out. Auto #1 is citrusy kinda like grapefruit, and the sweet tooth kinda smells like maple syrup, like a sugary sweet smell. The berry Ryder doesn't really smell like anything.

Attached Files:

11. Auto #1

Attached Files:

12. Auto sweet tooth

Attached Files:

13. Berry Ryder automatic

Attached Files:

14. Okay guys, finally have a bit of time for an update. As you already know, I started using Pure Blend Original Bloom formula with molasses for feeding. I fed my plants this a few days ago. I was talking about leaves dying off and so forth. I took off a good amount of leaves as they were dying and ones that looked sick. The plants are looking much nicer and more open for light to shine through the plant. I did more LST last night for a few hours, ya i take my time and show them love. Hoping for a big yeild. But after the LST there is a lot more light for under growth to start producing more as well as the smaller buds on the side branches. the high of my plants are 16.5". I lowered my HPS last night about a couple inches and my T5's about 4-5 inches. the main cola is almost touching, 1 inch away with no heat or signs of stress. Actually looks like the leaves are loving it. I'm hoping for more side growth. Looking good though in my opinion.

Was thinking of investing in an air pump to make a bubbler for my water, anyone know much about that and if there's much of a difference when you use it in comparison to if it's not used?

Attached Files:

• 068.jpg
      068.jpg
      File size:
      303.2 KB
      Views:
    • 069.jpg
      069.jpg
      File size:
      317.6 KB
      Views:
    • 074.jpg
      074.jpg
      File size:
      247 KB
      Views:
    • 076.jpg
      076.jpg
      File size:
      279.9 KB
      Views:
    • 079.jpg
      079.jpg
      File size:
      540.9 KB
      Views:
    • 087.jpg
      087.jpg
      File size:
      288.1 KB
      Views:
    • 088.jpg
      088.jpg
      File size:
      269.8 KB
      Views:
    • 090.jpg
      090.jpg
      File size:
      231.3 KB
      Views:
    • 095.jpg
      095.jpg
      File size:
      316.5 KB
      Views:
  15. close up pictures!

Attached Files:

• 083.jpg
      083.jpg
      File size:
      201.1 KB
      Views:
    • 086.jpg
      086.jpg
      File size:
      264 KB
      Views:
  16. plants are looking great bro

17. End of week 6!

Feeding time is tonight. I'm cutting out the molasses and just feeding with Original Pure Blend. I'm going full feeding of nutes. Recommended dose, not cutting back like everyone says. Full strength!

So, the weed is starting to smell pretty bad now. It's like walking into heaven every time I walk into the grow room. The house kinda smells like the ganj so I went out to Wal-Mart and picked up a glad time release spray and a tub of odor remover, and stuck it in the furnace room so the smell doesn't travel through the house. Living in a basement apartment. gotta be carefull of that shit. Next pay im getting a scrubber for sure. I have to finish this box before it's done growing, it's gonna get DANK! Was also thinking of a grow tent, but I don't know if they sell them that are 4- 5 feet high. guess its worth a look. I have my eye set on a DIY cool tube with a glass candle cover. future projects. But for now, I have some pictures before feeding.

Auto #1 - Growing more dense buds, getting more crystals. The white hairs are turning amber, slowely. Aroma smells like citrus, a bit skunky, I'm sure when it's ripe, it'll burn your nose hairs off. The bud is super sticky as well.

Auto Sweet Tooth - This girl is 2nd to the finish line out of the three, the white hairs are super long, leaves are a deep green, Seems like she's the healthiest out of the lot. The crystals that are forming seem smaller than normal crystal, It definitely seems different. There are some brown hairs forming. I don't know if it's just my eye's or if they are really turning amber but I'm just a retard?! who knows lol. No Aroma. Small faint hint of generic vegitation.

Berry Ryder Automatic - This one is the least developed out of the 3, Very leafy, small little leaves everywhere. I say it's more Sativa than indica because of it's whisky leafy canopy. I don't know if it's like that because I LST'ed her back when she was a runt or if it's just how it is. There is a tiny hint of an aroma to her. I couldn't put my finger on it, ( i still have a bit of a cold) Id say fruity. Lots of growing for her yet.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      268.6 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      294.5 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      214.4 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      295.3 KB
      Views:
    • 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      230.5 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      275.3 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      287.8 KB
      Views:
  18. man that auto #1 is looking good chronic. i know the feeling of having a stinky house. it can take the whole house over real quick and can be hard to get rid of. it is actually the number one reason why i have ever chopped early. i hope that scrubber works for ya. it shouldn't be too hard to find a tent that short. wont give ya too much room to work but if thats what ya need, then i am sure you will make it work. keep up the good work bud

19. looking nice. ive been looking a lot into autoflowers lately. i have always been a bit skeptical with their potency/yield but i gotta say, youre giving me hope.

20. #60 Chronicgrowbox, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
    Hi Tony! Welcome to the start of week 7 of my grow, day 44 from seed. I'm trying to put some faith in the Autoflower. Not a lot of people dig them but I'm sure if you really want to start growing and you have space restraints, you'll find a way. There's some pretty good strains that are developed now that have 20% thc. Some have a high THC with a good CBD or CBN value that give you the psychoactive effects. check out White Russian auto, White widow auto or a critical mass strain. When i crop my babies I'll give a smoke report. I've never smoked weed from an auto plant so I'll make sure to give you guys some feedback on what's good because I smoke A LOT of weed. Somewhere around 10 joints a day avg.. So my tolerance is pretty high.

To be honest I'd love to kick it with a normal photo plant like a Super Lemon Haze and just throw a few autos in the grow room so I can have something to smoke after a couple months. Id really like to do a super lemon haze with an ultra lemon haze auto. Try to compare potency, because I heard those two strains are really fucking potent. This summer, I'm going to do super lemon haze for an outdoor grow and maybe some ultra lemon haze after Christmas with some purple cheese and pineapple express auto. We'll see man.

Stay tuned, more pics to come. Btw I touched a little bud on my Auto#1 and holy fuck was it sticky. my fingers were glues together. I can't wait for this one.